Montreal Canadiens thread

Universe

He's just one of those guys you can only like if he plays on your team. He's a dirty player but can also play hockey too which makes him respected in the locker room yet hated out.

Haha, from what I have seen dirty is an understatement. I was talking to one of my friends who lives in Canada who said that everybody up there was puzzled when he was named captain of team Canada and not many people like him.

Haha, from what I have seen dirty is an understatement. I was talking to one of my friends who lives in Canada who said that everybody up there was puzzled when he was named captain of team Canada and not many people like him.

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Team+Canada+captain+Patrice+Cormier+serious+jokester/2368472/story.html

The guys liked him on the team. I like him too because I've seen more than just the dirty youtube hits because he's actually talented. Maybe not after he plays the Canadiens though haha.

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Team+Canada+captain+Patrice+Cormier+serious+jokester/2368472/story.html

The guys liked him on the team. I like him too because I've seen more than just the dirty youtube hits because he's actually talented. Maybe not after he plays the Canadiens though haha.

Yeah, I will hate the guy if he ever amounts to anything with the Devils. But yeah I was reading he didn't have much of a dirty reputation until recently, but still those elbows were about as bad as I have seen.

Pacioretty got sent down to Hamilton today so going to check him out there. Pouly has been playing amazing since the trade and pretty much took Pacs spot with him being 6'3.

As for the goalie situation, Halak is a starting goalie in the NHL and should get it next year somewhere.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/31155-Sources-Lightning-sale-could-be-complete-by-end-of-weekend-Bettman-blocked-Lecavalier-trade.html

Sources say there was a deal in place last June to trade Lecavalier to the Montreal Canadiens for goalie Carey Price, center Tomas Plekanec and a prospect, but the deal was blocked by Bettman after Barrie refused to approve the deal. That caused a rift between Barrie and Koules that continued to fester and, combined with the financial problems both owners were having, put the Lightning in a state of flux.

Thank goodness.

Habs beat Penguins without top players!

Pretty much the Hamilton Bulldogs dominated the defending champs in an afternoon game just showin how well Guy Boucher is developing these guys. Darche, who is in his 30's, never stops moving his feet and trying the enter game which really shows who is dogging it on the ice. Martin was smart and kept Gill out while he played the trio of Dave, Trotter and White who have a total of 15-20 NHL game played.

Add that with the point of the season where Halak looks like he could start on pretty much any NHL team and the team not miss a beat so it'll be interesting to see if he's kept or traded as he impresses scouts game after game.

Yeah him and the new owners didn't see eye to eye so Pierre Gauthier will take over.

Pretty intense time to take over with Halak and Pleks decisions only three weeks away but glad we are heading in a new direction. Too many average players with no superstars ever taken so it should be a fun rest of the year.

• 3 weeks later...

Montreal trades another Canadian player for a Michigan University player whose been in the WJC. Aaron Palushaj, who is only 20 years old who played with Max Pacioretty in college and Montreals prospect Greg Pateryn.

He seem to really have dominated college then just stopped into the AHL. Not very big but will fit perfectly in Hamilton.

This trade definately makes up for the moron pick of Moore for a second round pick.

• 3 weeks later...

I really hate losing but know what ticks me off even more? Paying 200 bucks to watch the refs single handly change a game because it's on national tv in Canada. [expletive]ING SO STUPID that you can ignore a hold then call a high stick littarly TWO SECONDS later.

Now I know the refs didn't score nor did they score the tying goal but when you have a 2-0 game with three minutes to go, a penalty pretty much kills the game so instead they give Buffalo a penalty, they pull Ryan Miller and they score...like honestly, the NHL is becoming a joke for consistantcy.

• 2 weeks later...