Montreal Canadiens thread

Universe

Montreal EASILY had the win but referee power for the win. I don't even want to get into all of it but with under two minutes, Markov gets highsticked in the face but nothing.

The NHL is drooling for a Pens-Caps matchup which is sad when a team puts it all out just to be jipped.

Edited by Universe

I just want to say I called this when Halak was a rookie!

As for trading for Price, they might have to let Halak go instead as we are quite close to the cap and if we can't unload someone's contract, Montreal might go the Phil Kessel way and sign the cheaper goalie.

And if they actually go to trade Price, I think it'll be more than what teams are hoping for.

I just want to say I called this when Halak was a rookie!

As for trading for Price, they might have to let Halak go instead as we are quite close to the cap and if we can't unload someone's contract, Montreal might go the Phil Kessel way and sign the cheaper goalie.

And if they actually go to trade Price, I think it'll be more than what teams are hoping for.

they have to get rid of one of the goalies, they cant afford to go into next season with both of these guys again

if the flyers could somehow get halak instead then that would be amazing haha. i hope (and think there is a chance) that the flyers would be willing to trade enough to get one of them

universe, how much do you think it would take to trade for price this offseason? flyers could use him

Just a guess...probably similar if not more to what they wanted at the deadline. AKA Giroux and/or van Riemsdyk.

Just a guess...probably similar if not more to what they wanted at the deadline. AKA Giroux and/or van Riemsdyk.

but halak is a lot more well known now then he was then. teams know that they have to trade one of the goalies before the start of the season, the trade value has to go down some

but halak is a lot more well known now then he was then. teams know that they have to trade one of the goalies before the start of the season, the trade value has to go down some

Well, teams knew that at the deadline too, and that didn't stop them from demanding a top-6 forward. Honestly, there are not many very super-promising young goaltenders out there, yet there is a huge demand for them (the Flyers are a nice example). The Canadiens happen to have two of them, so they control the market for sure. I really think they will get what they want for one of those guys.

Edited by Phightins