Montreal Canadiens thread

Universe

imagine if we had carter?

and pronger is a little dirty sometimes, but it has been nothing compared to what i have seen from some candadiens players this series.

Markov would definately have more of an impact especailly in game one and two. It's actually horrible watching our defense without Markov try and move the puck out of the zone which is why we got dominanted.

Little dirty? The dude was voted BY THE PLAYERS as the dirtiest guy in the league. Stop being bias hahaha!

Edited by Universe

Markov would definately have more of an impact especailly in game one and two. It's actually horrible watching our defense without Markov try and move the puck out of the zone which is why we got dominanted.

Little dirty? The dude was voted BY THE PLAYERS as the dirtiest guy in the league. Stop being bias hahaha!

a guy that score 40 goals a year has a pretty big impact too

and as i said, the things the candiens have been doing are way worse then anything pronger has done this series

Pronger is very dirty (and I love him that way! :)), but the Canadiens were taking way too many liberties at the end of last night's game for a game that they completely dominated. Luckily Dan Carcillo was not on the ice at the end of the game or he would have gotten himself suspended for sure.

Edited by Phightins

a guy that score 40 goals a year has a pretty big impact too

and as i said, the things the candiens have been doing are way worse then anything pronger has done this series

Never said he didn't but Markov is their best defender on defense and also the main point of the entire offense.

And that's funny that Montreal has been the dirtier team because CBC one of the first two games called Montreal dirty because Moore or someone was pushing a Flyers head into the ice but then a game later I see a Flyer guy doing and it's the "toughness" of Chris Pronger they call it. :lol:

And that's funny that Montreal has been the dirtier team because CBC one of the first two games called Montreal dirty because Moore or someone was pushing a Flyers head into the ice but then a game later I see a Flyer guy doing and it's the "toughness" of Chris Pronger they call it. :lol:

the flyers havent done nearly as much as the canadiens. even in the last 5 minutes of the 6-0 game montreal players were still going after the flyers after the whistles and even after the game ended. and that was game 1, before many rivalries started up. in game 3 the flyers were down and they did go after canadiens, but the candiens came at the flyers first just as many times or more.

laviolette was pissed after game 3 and i believe richards even called it a butt kicking or something like that, which it was (separate from the cheap shots, flyers just got out played and out hustled). i cant wait to see how the flyers come out in game 4. laviolette is one of the of the best coaches ive seen of focusing and motivating his players. it was huge in coming back against boston and it should have a big impact in game 4

Losing to the Montreal Canadiens was bad enough for Philadelphia Flyers agitator Daniel Carcillo. Seeing Michael Cammalleri stick out his tongue at him following a skirmish was over the top.

“It’s embarrassing,” Carcillo said. “We could maybe keep that in the pit of our stomach (Saturday) for a little extra motivation.”

Carcillo then called Cammalleri “a homer,” noting that the Canadiens never tried anything like that during the Flyers’ two home wins at the start of the series. With a smile, he added that the last time anyone stuck their tongue out at him was “probably a girl—a pretty one, too.”

If Cammalleri’s tongue wasn’t enough, the Flyers took exception to the Canadiens sending out their top power-play unit during a two-man advantage in the final minute.

“They’re a confident group, maybe a little bit cocky,” Richards said. “Karma sometimes comes back to you.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-flyers-canadiens

[/size][/color]

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-flyers-canadiens

[/size][/size][/font][/color]

HOLY [expletive]! How many stiches he need?

I didn't realize how truly dirty the Canadiens are till now. I hope Halak doesn't smile after a save or Pronger might have to try and punch him again!

Guys honestly you need to stop. You have the dirtiest team in the league...and going to be the second best team and maybe the best team overall and you whine about your players being dirty? Sad.

They won't listen anyways. They think the NHL hates them and tries to get them to lose games. True story.

Look, I have been trying to be as objective as possible about the Flyers and the NHL in general this season. I have certainly dropped that "NHL against the Flyers" attitude. Glad to see you have taken notice. With that said, the Flyers may generally be "the dirtiest team in the NHL", but based on what I saw in the end of game 3 it seems the Canadiens are doing their best to take that honor. Just saying "well the Flyers are the dirtiest team in the league and have been for years" really isn't an excuse for how the Canadiens acted at the end of the game, and it is a really [expletive]ty argument to bring up when somebody mentions it. Very very easy cop out.

Edited by Phightins

Look, I have been trying to be as objective as possible about the Flyers and the NHL in general this season. I have certainly dropped that "NHL against the Flyers" attitude. Glad to see you have taken notice. With that said, the Flyers may generally be "the dirtiest team in the NHL", but based on what I saw in the end of game 3 it seems the Canadiens are doing their best to take that honor. Just saying "well the Flyers are the dirtiest team in the league and have been for years" really isn't an excuse for how the Canadiens acted at the end of the game, and it is a really [expletive]ty argument to bring up when somebody mentions it. Very very easy cop out.

How is it an easy cop out? It's the TRUTH! I've seen it this series and years past so what's wrong with that? Montreal is full of talkers, floppers and underachievers. Stop being such a HOMER!

Edit: And of course you dropped the NHL hates the Flyers, their six games from a championship! :lol:

Edited by Universe

How is it an easy cop out? It's the TRUTH! I've seen it this series and years past so what's wrong with that? Montreal is full of talkers, floppers and underachievers. Stop being such a HOMER!

Edit: And of course you dropped the NHL hates the Flyers, their six games from a championship! :lol:

Whatever. Not arguing with you. I haven't played the "NHL hates the Flyers!" card in over a year, so stop bringing that up.

Flyers, and Philadelphia fans in general, care TOO much about sports. They invest too much of themselves emotionally into their teams so that when they do fail (let's be honest, it happens often) they [expletive] and moan.

Understandable that a Marlins fan wouldn't understand what passion for sports is all about. Speaking of which, turn on this game if you want to see passion. Looks like an insane atmosphere.

Understandable that a Marlins fan wouldn't understand what passion for sports is all about. Speaking of which, turn on this game if you want to see passion. Looks like an insane atmosphere.

get real dude, i live in Philadelphia. i'm barely a professional sports fan, but that's a good thing. most people, especially of those who live in a northeast or northern midwest, care too much about sports.

How am I unemployed in the journalism business when I saw this a mile away but everyone on TSN to ESPN stated Montreal was back in it?

I can't say if their tired or not but not moving your legs never wins you a hockey game. Flyers started of slow and looked tired yet it was almost like Montreal was challanging them to be the [expletive]tier team. I just hope we can play with some pride to end the series...or atleast goon it up!

CBC finally admits Philly is playing dirty and they score and get a PP. Now I feel like a Leafs fan..

I think the Canadiens need to trade Maxim Lapierre to the Flyers in the offseason if that is the case. He is playing like he was born to be a Flyer!