The Random Thread v2

Real Deal

The banner at the top has disappeared for me. Can someone who said they had this problem earlier tell me how they fixed it? thanks

Do you have adblock installed? If so, click the adblock botton on your toolbar and tell it to disable for this domain.. should be somewhere in the settings iirc

If its the google chrome extension of ad blocker then

Click the icon on the top right under the X to close the browser.

Go to tools..then go to extensions

Click on the options under ad block

Go to whitelisted domains...put the URL to the homepage in there, for some reason it won't work if you do the URL/forums

Thats how I did it.

Do you have adblock installed? If so, click the adblock botton on your toolbar and tell it to disable for this domain.. should be somewhere in the settings iirc

If its the google chrome extension of ad blocker then

Click the icon on the top right under the X to close the browser.

Go to tools..then go to extensions

Click on the options under ad block

Go to whitelisted domains...put the URL to the homepage in there, for some reason it won't work if you do the URL/forums

Thats how I did it.

Thanks guys, I got it now.

I haven't taken physics.....got to take phys 1 and 2 my senior year..along with organic chemistry and human phys. I also have to somehow take the lab for all those classes as well. Knowing my luck, my schools classes won't align correctly and I will get screwed over nasty and have to stick around for an extra semester.

I haven't taken physics.....got to take phys 1 and 2 my senior year..along with organic chemistry and human phys. I also have to somehow take the lab for all those classes as well. Knowing my luck, my schools classes won't align correctly and I will get screwed over nasty and have to stick around for an extra semester.

The labs are actually pretty easy. The homework assignments and labs are helping me pass right now.

Not too worried about the labs, its just that they are about 3 hours along once a week and I don't think its possible to pick a convenient time to take 3 separate 3 hour labs without interfering with lecture. I had a hell of a time picking my schedule for my next semester because the only good time for the lab I am taking is Monday from 9 AM-12PM....and that immediately keeps me from taking any Mon-Wed-Fri classes in that time span, which is like almost every class I needed. It didn't allow me to take Physics next semester like I was planning.

Also, lab and lecture are not grouped together in my school. Your lab and lecture grade are completely separate, and often times the experiments and lectures don't even match up. Lecture is 3 credits, lab is 1.

Edited by SRV

I have never known a person who illegitimately does well in physics. I have two really smart friends who both failed all their tests, but somehow ended up with a C or B because of the curve. In high school everyone just cheated, but I didn't take it in high school because it was an elective as a senior and I did not want to mess with it, so I took human physiology instead.

Yeah, I hear its impossible to get a good grade in physics without some cheating. In high school, everyone cheated in just about everything especially the kids in the AP classes and even our valedictorian. I never took physics either in high school, didn't want to stress myself out in my senior year and I'm not required to take it for my major (thank god).

Edited by Dash

• Owner

Haters, haha. I got a 96% in Physics my senior year, didn't cheat. A lot of it is just having to sit in class and listen to everything, and then keep an organized notebook (the notebook points that we had were one of two things that usually crippled everyone's grades...the other were exams, of course). Our teacher was probably the most hated in the high school, because he was a hard ass...but I always thought, despite that (because I did agree), he was also the best teacher there.

I had the same teacher for Chemistry I and II, and about 50% of our class had to drop each one. I ended up tutoring a cheerleader, who had to pass to stay on the cheer team...and she just didn't get the class, I guess, ended up dropping it.

Each time we had a lab, I remember everyone in the class being super-excited. It cracked me up. Labs were a way to avoid 45-minute lectures, and being sent up to the chalkboard to basically get embarrassed, lol. Even I hated going up there, but usually, he would pick on the students that had the most trouble in class, that looked like they were going to fall asleep, or that just didn't take class seriously.

I do agree that a lot of people cheat, though. I kept my Physics notebook, let other people borrow it for money, over the next couple of years after I graduated. He had different exam questions every year because of that, but he couldn't avoid the fact that the tests were always similar in material, so it helped a lot of students out in the long run, lol.

I know a lot of people that take physics right now and I keep hearing about how everyone flat out cheats. Professor doesn't seem to care.

Our class is in a large lecture hall with over 80 students so it's pretty easy to cheat on our tests as well. She creates like three different versions though, and only a third of it is multiple choice. I honestly haven't taken tests that are as hard as her tests, and the shitty thing is everything carries over from the beginning of the semester.

My sisters both took Physics a couple semesters ago and they both got A's. They're both super smart though so it's not saying a whole lot. You basically have to apply yourself the whole semester, I skipped a bunch of classes this semester so I guess I'm paying the consequences.

I could never bring myself to cheat on a test...I would rather fail. In chem 1 I didn't cheat, but my professor was so nice and curved so much that I never even brought myself to actually understand the material. I was in chem 2 this semester and extremely lost from the beginning because it was a continuation of chem 1 and I had a different teacher, so I dropped it. Sometimes its better to have a dick teacher who actually teaches. What gets me are the teachers that have a huge ego and think that since they pick up on a subject so easily, they can just speak to students without explaining things and expect them to learn it.

My sisters both took Physics a couple semesters ago and they both got A's. They're both super smart though so it's not saying a whole lot.

My brother and sister both went to the same school as I did. They both graduated with a 3.7 GPA...my brother is in medical school and my sister graduated in just 2 and a half years. So compared to them, I am an idiot. I feel so much pressure to even compete with that, but I can't get higher than a B in any of my classes lately, and I have never studied more in my life than I did this semester. Its just not meant to be sometimes lol.

Edited by SRV

I couldn't go back to bed despite going to sleep at 5. I asked my friend how many drinks I had last night because I don't remember and she said I got into her bottle of rum since I finished the other

Ok so I'm not sure if I'm hungover or man period today. Maybe a bit of both

I don't enjoy drinking at all, but last year my friends tried to get me drunk for the first time. I had about 10 drinks and I felt totally normal, all the happened was that I was signing every damn song that came to my mind...they swore I was going to wake up feeling like shit, but I was fine. We played a drinking game and one of my friends was completely out of it, so I kept [expletive]ing him over with the drinking rules. I am sure he could have died that night if we didn't stop the game lol

Ok so I'm not sure if I'm hungover or man period today. Maybe a bit of both

lol u r a bitch

I don't enjoy drinking at all, but last year my friends tried to get me drunk for the first time. I had about 10 drinks and I felt totally normal, all the happened was that I was signing every damn song that came to my mind...they swore I was going to wake up feeling like shit, but I was fine. We played a drinking game and one of my friends was completely out of it, so I kept [expletive]ing him over with the drinking rules. I am sure he could have died that night if we didn't stop the game lol

well if u have like 10 drinks over like 7 hours it's not going to have much of an effect lol

• Like 2

Why Are Dead People Liking Stuff On Facebook?

http://readwrite.com/files/AlexGomez%20blackedout.png

http://readwrite.com/files/fauxLike_mcdonalds_SMALL_0.png

I See Dead People … Liking Things

But at least those people were alive when they fake-liked something.

Emma Kumakura, a game designer in Palo Alto, Calif., was outraged to see her friend Alice Mizer Stewart, who had passed away in March, shilling for a tea company.

http://readwrite.com/files/Screen%20Shot%202012-12-10%20at%2012.40.22%20PM.png

http://rww.to/UdIF1e