Philadelphia Flyers!

fly3rs18

Injuries starting to add up. Simon Gagne is in all likelihood having surgery on his groin, so who knows how long that will be. Danny Briere left practice today with a "lower body injury" and is most likely out for tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Five game winning streak. Briere came back strong tonight with 2 goals. Emery is 10-3-1 with a 2.18 GAA. Looking good, but the schedule gets really tough right now. The NHL schedule makers really need to be replaced, speaking of that. It took the Flyers 41 days to play their first 15 games, and now in the next 17 days they will play 10 games. How does that work? Haha.

Going to the game tonight against Buffalo...pretty excited. Hoping Ryan Miller gets the night off after that long game against Calgary last night. Flyers are going for six in a row. Ray Emery has been almost lights out in these past 5 games, so hopefully he can keep it rolling.

Edited by Phightins09

i cant wait till i get home for thanksgiving weekend. i have barely watched any hockey so far this year because they are not on tv here, i cant wait to actually watch some games. and go to the game friday, maybe another over the weekend too

That game Friday is the only home game over the weekend, fyi.

Also, me Bamf and Greg will be at the game Friday as well.

yeah, realized that right after i posted.

nice. you just got tickets up top somewhere or with kramer?

Up top. Got a deal from Drexel, I think I told you about it. Kramer will be there too, though.

Brian Boucher with his first win as a Flyer since 2002. Don't want to jinx anything, but this team looks very good.

Three consecutive losses later, it looks like the jinx is in full effect.

The good news is that Arron Asham will probably be back tonight. The Flyers loaned David Laliberte back to Adirondack, which suggests that Asham is ready to go. I was hoping that they'd keep Laliberte around anyway, at least until the Briere suspension is over. This means that Riley Cote will in all likelihood be in the lineup tonight and on Friday, which completely sucks. He is a waste of a roster spot at this point.

I wish I could have watched the whole game today, but it was an intense game.

- Mike Richards has too many intstinces of "accidentally" hurting people, and he needs to play less reckless whether some of you will admit it or not because you should not be having your stick hit the face of Tyler Myers, many people are starting to realize the same thing, that he is not just a "nice, skilled" player, but he is chippy.

- Scott Hartnell needs to pick on someone bigger for a change because he is a punk [expletive], and I've said this forever, but I'd still like him on the Boston Bruins.

- The hit on Jarded Ross was almost completely his fault, but Patrick Kaleta didn't need to hit him in that position, and don't even try to compare it to the Patrice Bergeron incident because he was facing the boards completely.

I don't hate Mike Richards, but he has really developed a somewhat dirty style of hockey, and it's not just "chippy".

I wish I could have watched the whole game today, but it was an intense game.

- Mike Richards has too many intstinces of "accidentally" hurting people, and he needs to play less reckless whether some of you will admit it or not because you should not be having your stick hit the face of Tyler Myers, many people are starting to realize the same thing, that he is not just a "nice, skilled" player, but he is chippy.

- Scott Hartnell needs to pick on someone bigger for a change because he is a punk [expletive], and I've said this forever, but I'd still like him on the Boston Bruins.

- The hit on Jarded Ross was almost completely his fault, but Patrick Kaleta didn't need to hit him in that position, and don't even try to compare it to the Patrice Bergeron incident because he was facing the boards completely.

I don't hate Mike Richards, but he has really developed a somewhat dirty style of hockey, and it's not just "chippy".

I was at the game. Honestly, the first thing I thought of when I saw the Kaleta hit on Ross was the Randy Jones/Patrice Bergeron incident. Kind of ironic that you have such a different view of this.

Anyway, your blind hatred for the Flyers is starting to shine through. It is okay, lots of people hate us, but it's pretty funny that your hatred towards Philadelphia skews your opinions now almost as much as your blind loyalty to Boston.

Edited by Phightins

The Randy Jones hit and Patrick Kaleta hit are hardly similar.

Also, Mike Richards does play like Alex Ovechkin like you said, and I don't like how Alex Ovechkin plays sometimes because he is really going to hurt someone someday.

Also, I've seen a lot more people saying that it was Jared Ross's fault for being an idiot than Patrick Kaleta being dirty, although I hate Patrick Kaleta.

The hit was much more similar to this, and this hit resulted in a season long suspension, although I think this hit was worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9unlpJMAVHA&feature=player_embedded

Edited by EastCoastNiner

The Randy Jones hit and Patrick Kaleta hit are hardly similar.

Also, Mike Richards does play like Alex Ovechkin like you said, and I don't like how Alex Ovechkin plays sometimes because he is really going to hurt someone someday.

Also, I've seen a lot more people saying that it was Jared Ross's fault for being an idiot than Patrick Kaleta being dirty, although I hate Patrick Kaleta.

The hit was much more similar to this, and this hit resulted in a season long suspension, although I think this hit was worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9unlpJMAVHA&feature=player_embedded

I am not going to argue with you about this again, but I will say that if Jared Ross is an idiot, then so is Patrice Bergeron.

On another note, I hate referring to any athlete as a "warrior" because I think that is ridiculous, but I can't think of many words more appropriate to describe Ian Laperriere.

I am not going to argue with you about this again, but I will say that if Jared Ross is an idiot, then so is Patrice Bergeron.

On another note, I hate referring to any athlete as a "warrior" because I think that is ridiculous, but I can't think of many words more appropriate to describe Ian Laperriere.

First off, I have been reading a thread on another site that is very long, and I have not seen the Patrice Bergeron incident mentioned, and that is because these hits are TOTALLLLLLYYYYY different, and I only mentioned it because I knew one of you guys would bring it up.

The hit I posted was extremely similar.

Anyways, I've seen the replay a few times, but I couldn't really tell if Colby Armstrong should have been given 5 and a game for his charge tonight.

He may have very well deserve it, but JVR deserved to get smacked for his cheap [expletive] cross-checks.

The Armstrong/JVR thing happened during the five minutes I missed for a Wawa run, so I cannot comment. I have not even seen a replay yet. Most of the beat writers I follow on Twitter seem to think it was brutal and Armstrong absolutely deserved the gamer, and they are usually pretty objective.

I will say that the officiating was pretty inconsistent tonight. Did not lose us this game though, Johan Hedberg was just awesome. Flyers played a pretty good game from top to bottom, I thought, but this was one of those games that you just have to chalk up to the opposing goaltender. Pretty bad timing, since we could have used the two points really badly.

Edited by Phightins