Philadelphia Flyers!

fly3rs18

You nailed it right there...that has pretty much been my argument all along. You don't like the signing, but here is some news, if they had re-signed Biron, or signed any other starter-caliber goaltender, your man crush Chris Pronger would not be here. He is cheap, he has upside, and if there was ever a time for him to turn his character around it would be now. Why not roll the dice? I really think you are going to be surprised.

I would've preferred re-signing Biron, and trading Briere instead to clear up some of that CAP room. If they do that Chris Pronger is still a Flyer and someone would want Briere. He could still put fans in the seats and is a good player.

The Flyers don't really have a choice with their CAP situation to get a safer guy at the goalie, but unlike you I am not pleased by this. He's had countless opportunities to turn his character around and he's failed to do so everytime, but we'll see.

You appear to be fellating Emery over the year the Senators went deep into the playoffs, yet ignore the year after that which led to his exit. He had more losses than wins, save% was under .900, and his team failed to make the playoffs. Who knows if we'll get that Emery or the other one. The only certain thing is we will be getting the headcase. Biron was pretty consistant with us though and we knew what we'd be getting from him. If we upgraded the defense with him I feel we would have a better team.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've preferred re-signing Biron, and trading Briere instead to clear up some of that CAP room. If they do that Chris Pronger is still a Flyer and someone would want Briere. He could still put fans in the seats and is a good player.

The Flyers don't really have a choice with their CAP situation to get a safer guy at the goalie, but unlike you I am not pleased by this. He's had countless opportunities to turn his character around and he's failed to do so everytime, but we'll see.

You appear to be fellating Emery over the year the Senators went deep into the playoffs, yet ignore the year after that which led to his exit. He had more losses than wins, save% was under .900, and his team failed to make the playoffs. Who knows if we'll get that Emery or the other one. The only certain thing is we will be getting the headcase. Biron was pretty consistant with us though and we knew what we'd be getting from him. If we upgraded the defense with him I feel we would have a better team.

There isn't much here that I disagree with. However (and Universe/ECN can correct me if I am wrong), but I really don't think there is anybody out there willing to take on Briere's joke of a contract. I guarantee before he signed Emery, Homer was shopping Briere around. Nobody wants to take on that kind of contract for a guy coming off a season with serious injury problems. And another thing to keep in mind, had they dealt Briere, they would have SERIOUS scoring issues. He is currently the only RW on the roster capable of doing anything offensively. So it is very important to keep him healthy since he is here since he's a vital piece to the team.

Also as I've said multiple times, this is probably going to be Emery's last chance in the NHL. As Flyers fans, our hope should be that Emery realizes this, at least for this one season he keeps his [expletive] in line. If he plays well and has no problems this year, I guarantee you there will be some team to give him a multi year contract next offseason, at which point who knows if he will go crazy again. But for this one season I am optimistic.

There isn't much here that I disagree with. However (and Universe/ECN can correct me if I am wrong), but I really don't think there is anybody out there willing to take on Briere's joke of a contract. I guarantee before he signed Emery, Homer was shopping Briere around. Nobody wants to take on that kind of contract for a guy coming off a season with serious injury problems. And another thing to keep in mind, had they dealt Briere, they would have SERIOUS scoring issues. He is currently the only RW on the roster capable of doing anything offensively. So it is very important to keep him healthy since he is here since he's a vital piece to the team.

Also as I've said multiple times, this is probably going to be Emery's last chance in the NHL. As Flyers fans, our hope should be that Emery realizes this, at least for this one season he keeps his [expletive] in line. If he plays well and has no problems this year, I guarantee you there will be some team to give him a multi year contract next offseason, at which point who knows if he will go crazy again. But for this one season I am optimistic.

You are correct. They overpaid him but it was the only way to get him and now his injuries have made him unwanted. It's better to keep him IMO because the chances of him playing well are greater than an NHL player in the trade playing well.

it doesnt look too much different, but its cool

Content seems to be the same but there's a new skin, new fonts, and new designs and I think it looks pretty cool. Player bios are better now too.

Today the Flyers signed defenseman Ole-Kristian Tollefsen. I guess this means the end of the Randy Jones era. Smart move by Homer, if the next step is indeed getting rid of Jones in some way. Of all the dead-weight salary on this team, Jones's contract would definitely be the first one I'd get rid of. Hopefully the additional cap space means we can go after Petr Sykora or somebody like that.

Also, can't have enough big bruising, punishing defensemen. If he stays healthy, Tollefsen could wind up being a steal. They should put he and Pronger in the same pairing and have them on the ice whenever Crosby is...can't wait to see Cindy piss his pants.

Edited by Phightins09

shanahan resigned with the devils

id like to see the flyers go after zherdev, but they probably dont have the money to

Yes Shanahan has said all along that he'd only go to the Devils or Rangers.

And if they get rid of Jones they will probably have enough to get Zherdev (way to steal my idea) or Sykora or somebody like that.

I know we have a handful of Ray Emery haters on here, but I don't think anybody can deny that his new mask is SICK. I knew he was a boxing fan so I had a feeling it would have a boxing theme, but he added a Philadelphia touch as well.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/22724033.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1250040118&Signature=eRVy7N6J735CNPXJzmoOGqZhSGg%3D

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/22724491.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1250040154&Signature=iX92dwcqjCt6G5QNhtNygV6jxi8%3D

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/22724599.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1250040187&Signature=JlFvHDH5u3VSapGX7IWLeNBrbSE%3D

Edited by Phightins09

• 3 weeks later...

Wow it's been a while.

But anyway, Simon Gagne injured his groin at the Team Canada training camp thing. Not serious, apparently. I also heard that Carter has looked really good up there.

• 2 weeks later...

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/philsphan1210/28729816.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/philsphan1210/28728452-0a546909bfc563e630c6abecbe.jpg

Hockey is almost here!!!

Edited by Phightins09

lol that jersey is way too big for him, his hands dont even come out of the sleeves

but i dont really like those. i get the whole retro jersey thing, but i think the orange one was enough. hopefully this is only for winter classic and doesnt become their road jersey or anyhting like that