Philadelphia Flyers!

fly3rs18

lol that jersey is way too big for him, his hands dont even come out of the sleeves

but i dont really like those. i get the whole retro jersey thing, but i think the orange one was enough. hopefully this is only for winter classic and doesnt become their road jersey or anyhting like that

Well they are the road team for the Winter Classic so they needed to make a white version of the orange ones. They are only wearing these one time I think.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twitter (James Cybulski) - Goaltender Ray Emery had a history of trouble during his tenure in Ottawa, and things may be heading south already in Philadelphia.

Analyst James Cybulski wrote the following on his Twitter page this weekend: "Rumblings from flyers are that emery's watch is apparently slow in philly too. Not the smoothest start."

Emery had issues with tardiness while with the Senators.

Haven't heard anything about him getting to meetings/practice late, but everything I have heard has been very positive. Apparently he is very popular with the rest of the players, and to this point he has stayed out of trouble. Also, I have not seen any of the preseason games but apparently he has been playing very well.

But if that is indeed an issue, I am sure Holmgren will be having a talk with him (if he hasn't already).

James van Riemsdyk and Mika Pyorala are both making a strong push to make the opening night roster. Not sure if there is room for both of them, but if I had to guess I am thinking Pyorala may have the upper hand. Last year they went through a similar thing as JVR with Claude Giroux and they wound up starting him in the AHL. They don't typically rush these guys along. Blair Betts has also played well as a fringe 4th line guy but I'm not sure if there will be room for him.

Also, Ray Emery has been very strong.

Edited by Phightins09

I just heard that Randy Jones is going to be waived at some point this weekend. Sucks to see him go since he's a really cool guy but unfortunately he makes too much money, and a healthy Tollefsen is way better. So it was easy to see this coming.

I just heard that Randy Jones is going to be waived at some point this weekend. Sucks to see him go since he's a really cool guy but unfortunately he makes too much money, and a healthy Tollefsen is way better. So it was easy to see this coming.

Good he was terrible.

Man the season is already just about here. Can't really believe it. Just one week!

Good he was terrible.

He really wasn't, he just had a horrible year last season, and missed almost half of it because of injury. In 07-08 he was a very solid 3rd or 4th defenseman and he was awesome in the playoffs. Most Flyers fans were actually thrilled with the contract he got last offseason. Now that we have Pronger and Tollefsen though, he is our 6th or 7th best defenseman, and it's ridiculous to have somebody that low on the depth chart making the kind of money he is making and taking up all that cap space. I am sure somebody will pick him up in the next week and it would not surprise me at all to see him have a very good year.

Emery with the shutout in his Flyers debut. I had to listen on the radio, but it sounds like he was very impressive. The Flyers also killed 7 penalties. The radio guys said some were total BS, but I guess that is Philadelphia Flyers hockey, have to get used to it again.

phightins, i was watching it online, i would have given you the site

but emery coming up big

I had it online too but it was the Carolina feed, and the quality was horrible, so I switched it off after 5 mins or so. Honestly I was happier listening to our radio guys.

Great defense in this game. It was incredible as it raped the fast paced Carolina team. I'm not going to slobber over Emery like everyone else is though. He didn't face many shots at all and was very lucky that two great attempts went off the post. He did good though. Defense certainly helped him out a lot.

Quality start to the season.

I had it online too but it was the Carolina feed, and the quality was horrible, so I switched it off after 5 mins or so. Honestly I was happier listening to our radio guys.

yeah, the quality was [expletive]ty and it was carolina announcers which was annoying, but i was just happy to watch a game. cant wait to actually be able to watch a game on tv tomorrow night

That was a ridiculous game.

Also, even though we gave up 5 goals, I can't really blame Emery at all. Pretty much all 5 goals were unstoppable.

Well, it would have been a better game if the refs weren't giving make-up calls to the Philadelphia Flyers and calling the Washington Capitals for getting pushed into the net.

I just hate when refs make calls to make-up for the lack of calls the other team is getting.