MLB Hot Stove

Phightins

Well chances are they lost Soriano and Gonzalez so they had to get some cheaper options.

Yep, most Braves fan have known/expected this since the offseason begun.

Hopefully our bullpen is good this year because last year it was a joke.

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/photos/MLB/ANA/MLB_Figgins_small.jpg

Sources: Mariners lead race to sign 3B Figgins

The Mariners have made progress toward a deal with free agent Chone Figgins and are clear frontrunners to sign the third baseman, multiple major league sources told FOXSports.com.

The team and Figgins' representatives engaged in serious talks Thursday. One person briefed on the discussions said he wouldn't be surprised if the sides agreed to a deal of at least four years over the next several days. But he cautioned that there is "nothing done" yet.

Full Articles

Mariners really trying to make some moves this offseason. Figgy would be a great addition.

Wasn't Bruney one of your better relievers? I wonder who the Yanks are getting...

Our bullpen's primary strength came from Hughes, Coke, Aceves, Joba (in the playoffs) and Mo. Then came Robertson, Marte, and Bruney. Our primary strength is still with us, assuming Joba or Hughes don't go to Toronto in a Halladay deal. I also think Robertson has great stuff and can be very valuable to us.

Our bullpen's primary strength came from Hughes, Coke, Aceves, Joba (in the playoffs) and Mo. Then came Robertson, Marte, and Bruney. Our primary strength is still with us, assuming Joba or Hughes don't go to Toronto in a Halladay deal. I also think Robertson has great stuff and can be very valuable to us.

Would you care if Joba and Hughes got sent to Toronto for Halladay?

Would you care if Joba and Hughes got sent to Toronto for Halladay?

Well the talks are either Joba or Hughes + either Jesus Montero or Austin Jackson (two of our top prospects). I don't know which way to go. Either you get Halladay and go for the kill in these next 5 years or so, or you have some pretty impressive young guys that have 15+ years left in their careers.

Rumored three team blockbuster...

Yankees get:

Curtis Granderson

1-2 mid-tier prospect(s)

Diamondbacks get:

Edwin Jackson

Ian Kennedy

Tigers get:

Austin Jackson

Max Scherzer

Phil Coke

Michael Dunn

Now that would be something.

BEAST move for the Yankees. We need a replacement outfielder/DH because Matsui is most likely retiring. I guess this will move Damon or Melky to DH. Love the move from our standpoint. I was iffy on Coke to begin with.

The Tigers did awesome in that deal. I personally think Granderson is very overhyped. Definitely an improvement for the Yankees, but he is not as good as the media makes him out to be sometimes.

I'd say we gave up a bit too much, but still a pretty solid move. I wasn't too big on giving up Jackson, but I love the idea of adding Granderson into the crew. He has speed and hits for power. He should be pretty flexible in our lineup.

I really liked Coke, but with Marte opening up eyes since he came back from injury, I didn't mind sending Coke too much.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kennedy performs pretty well in Arizona. Karstens and Ohlendorf weren't too bad after we sent them to Pittsburgh in the Nady/Marte deal.

The chances of Damon returning seem to be pretty low. Melky's probably being shifted over to LF, and with Damon asking for more than what the Yankees seem to want to give him, I don't think Damon will come back.

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/photos/MLB/BOS/MLB_Bay_small.jpg

Angels 'pushing hard' for free agent OF Bay

According to Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse, some at the Winter Meetings feel the Angels are "pushing hard" for outfielder Jason Bay.

#Angels playing it coy, it seems, but some feel they are pushing hard on Jason Bay.

Price Twitter

Marlins passed up a deal with the Rangers for Josh Johnson that would've given them Justin Smoak and Neftali Perez. Not sure if I would've passed that up.

Yeah I saw that. If the Marlins ever have any intentions of trading Johnson, they sure as hell will not get a better offer than that.

Yeah I saw that. If the Marlins ever have any intentions of trading Johnson, they sure as hell will not get a better offer than that.

Knowing their money ball management I'm shocked they didn't jump on this deal where they could avoid paying their talent for another 5 years.

Knowing their money ball management I'm shocked they didn't jump on this deal where they could avoid paying their talent for another 5 years.

I know, first thing I thought of when I saw that rumor was the Josh Beckett trade. Sounds like they are really banking on this new stadium bringing out more fans so they can get away from their old philosophy.

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/photos/MLB/TEX/MLB_Millwood_small.jpg

O's have deal in place for Millwood

The Orioles have a tentative agreement in place on a trade that would send reliever Chris Ray to the Texas Rangers for veteran starter Kevin Millwood and some cash, according to multiple team sources.

The agreement is contingent on some minor issues, including a review of the medical records of both players. The deal could be completed as early as tonight. The deal will also need to be approved by Major League Baseball because it's expected that more than $1 million is changing hands.

Full Article