Philadelphia Phillies 2010

Phightins

I think in terms of pitching, he will have more of an impact with Kyle Kendrick because they are similar pitchers. But as far as the mental side of baseball goes, having Roy Halladay and Jamie Moyer on the same roster is going to be incredible for all of the young pitchers.

moyer is coming back?

Yes, he is competing for the fifth starting spot. I have a feeling that unless he gets hurt or does beyond horrible this spring, he will get the job since they will be paying him $8 million this season, and they have less to lose by sending Kyle Kendrick to AAA or to the bullpen.

Seems like Kyle Kendrick is really determined to get that 5th starters job. Had his second impressive outing of the spring today against the Yankees... 3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 33 pitches (23 strikes). He has thrown 5 innings this spring without a walk.

Edited by Phightins

Cole Hamels has been awesome in his two spring appearances so far. I know it is not worth getting too excited about, since it's just spring training, but his curveball is apparently looking very very good. So that is what I am excited about.

Guest Jeff Colborn

The Philadelphia Phillies are the biggest joke in the MLB. I can't wait to see them miss the playoffs because of their failure to resign stud ace Chan Ho Park. Cole Hamels is also crap. With him as your #2 pitcher you can't expect to go anywhere in the playoffs.

• Like 1

The Philadelphia Phillies are the biggest joke in the MLB. I can't wait to see them miss the playoffs because of their failure to resign stud ace Chan Ho Park. Cole Hamels is also crap. With him as your #2 pitcher you can't expect to go anywhere in the playoffs.

i wish this guy didnt get banned, he is like ecn times 20

Edited by fly3rs18

Repped :wub: the diesel of Mets fans haha

Ugh...Placido Polanco hurt his knee today.

Also, Roy Halladay continues to own (although he did give up his first ER of the spring today :(). In the "B" game today, Jamie Moyer got shelled (it was the first time he's actually faced a lineup featuring mostly MLB players, despite it being a B game). As I mentioned yesterday Kyle Kendrick continues his great spring, so the 5th starters race is getting very interesting.

Domonic Brown is incredible. Just throwing that out there.

So far today: 3 hits, 1 walk, 4 RBIs, 2 homeruns (1 off Justin Verlander, the other off Phil Coke who is nasty on left handed batters).

The best part is he will be re-assigned to minor league camp after the game since rosters need to be cut down.

Edited by Phightins

Guest Need4Sheed
Ryan Howard called him the "Total Package." Top prospect Domonic Brown earned the nickname from the "Big Piece" today, going 3-for-3 with two home runs and three RBI while reaching base in all four of his plate appearances against the Tigers at Bright House Field.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillies/Brown_The_Total_Package_homers_twice.html

Incredibly athletic and very fast as well. His hit that wasn't a HR was an infield single that he legged out, and he showed very nice range in RF and made a few nice catches.

I think he's probably close to ready now, just no room for him. But RF will be his when Werth leaves after this season.

But it'd definitely be good to see him put up a nice, full season in AA/AAA to know he's ready for sure.

Yesterday was the first time I saw David Herndon pitch (Rule 5 pick from the Angels). He looked filthy. His changeup looked really really good. Apparently Charlie Manuel and Rich Dubee like him a lot and he has a great chance of making the team.

Today is a good day.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/philsphan1210/0322001657.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/philsphan1210/0322001658.jpg

• Like 1

^^ i hate you. you could always take me to a few games to get rid of the hate though

I will at some point, most likely. My dad can only go to like half of them I think.

Ryan Howard looking really good this spring.

Yep, like he usually does. Lets just hope it actually carries over to April this year, and we don't need to wait for the summer for him to heat up.