Philadelphia Phillies 2010

Phightins

Jamie Moyer is the 5th starter. Kyle Kendrick makes the team too in some type of relief role so it looks like the roster is set for now.

Edited by Phightins

Blanton, Lidge, and Romero are all on the DL.

Yeah. The timetable for Lidge and Romero has been mid-April pretty much all along. Lidge got a cortisone shot in his elbow the other day though, which one would assume would set him back. The Phillies, of course, are saying it's nothing, but they lie about literally every injury to a major player. So I'd be pleasantly surprised to see him on the roster before May. As for Romero, I think he threw to minor leaguers the other day and word is that he looked very good. So he may be closer than originally expected.

The Blanton thing sort of came out of nowhere the other day. He hurt his oblique in a bullpen session and is now out for 3-6 weeks. So Kyle Kendrick makes the rotation after all...

What are your thoughts on the recent uprising of talent in the NL West? I think the Rockies certainly proved they can play with the Phillies as we saw in the playoffs. The Dodgers will always be a tough team and the Giants have a very good pitching staff.

Along with that, it was pretty obvious the Marlins had the Phillies number last year especially at Citizens Bank. How do you think they will do against them this year?

Went to the game tonight. They are back at CBP for their final 2 spring training games vs. the Pirates. Even though it was a meaningless preseason game, there's nothing like getting to the stadium for the first time every spring. Kyle Kendrick was dealing, as he has been all spring.

What are your thoughts on the recent uprising of talent in the NL West? I think the Rockies certainly proved they can play with the Phillies as we saw in the playoffs. The Dodgers will always be a tough team and the Giants have a very good pitching staff.

Along with that, it was pretty obvious the Marlins had the Phillies number last year especially at Citizens Bank. How do you think they will do against them this year?

I certainly like the Rockies in that division. Some scouts are saying not to buy the hype with them, but they look very strong to me.

And the Marlins seem to have the Phillies number every year. That team is incredible with what they're able to do on such little money.

Brad Lidge's line in low-A Lakewood today...

0.2 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 0 K

Apparently even the two outs he got were very well hit deep fly balls. Ouch.

Brad Lidge's line in low-A Lakewood today...

0.2 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 0 K

Apparently even the two outs he got were very well hit deep fly balls. Ouch.

Thirsty Thursdays at Lakewood Blueclaws games are [expletive]ing incredible... Dollar Coors Lights, 50 cent wings... I try to go every week. Such a good time, by the 7th inning everyone is piss drunk and taunting the opposing outfielders.

Yeah they are averaging over 8 runs per game. Placido Polanco went 2-for-5 today and his average dropped 37 points, lol.

Obviously it won't go this amazing forever, but it's still a very fun lineup to watch.

Jimmy Rollins injured his calf before the game and Jayson Werth injured his hip during the game. Rollins is probably more series, he is going to have an MRI tomorrow.

Also I was impressed with Cole Hamels today, despite the mediocre final line. He still has that problem where he lets one bad pitch or one thing that doesn't go his way turn into a snowball effect. One can only hope that this will go away as he gets older. But 3 of the 4 runs he allowed came in the 4th inning when he let a manageable situation get out of control. Otherwise I was very impressed. The changeup was lethal as always, his curveball was about as good as I have ever seen it, and he had a much better strike-to-ball ratio than last week. Also perhaps the most telling thing was that his fastball was hitting 92-93 on a regular basis. Usually he tops out at 88-89 in April, so that tells me he worked out a lot this offseason.