XXI Olympic Winter Games

bigdog17k

There were a few mess-ups here and there, kind of expected - maybe not to that magnitude, of course, but nonetheless expected - but overall I think they did a great job incorporating our national heritage, our aboriginal groups and our overall goal of the Olympic games. I thought they did a great job. One of the better ceremonies I can remember watching.

• Like 1

There were a few mess-ups here and there, kind of expected - maybe not to that magnitude, of course, but nonetheless expected - but overall I think they did a great job incorporating our national heritage, our aboriginal groups and our overall goal of the Olympic games. I thought they did a great job. One of the better ceremonies I can remember watching.

Exactly my thoughts.

Apparently there were rioters today on Robson, smashing storefront windows. Funny thing was, they apparently aren't Canadians. Why can't people just accept the Olympics are here, and to just enjoy the moment we're not going to experience in Canada again for probably another 20 years or so? It's leaving a black cloud (unlike the one hanging around outside today) over the Games, and that's just not fair to the people who want to enjoy it, and especially the organizers.

Also, congrats to the Swiss who won the first medal of this years games! I thoroughly enjoy these events such as the Moguls. Hopefully Jenn Heil brings one home tonight.

Edited by iBoldin