XXI Olympic Winter Games

bigdog17k

He shouldn't have won.

I thought he was the best one, there was a close chunk, but I would give it to him as well. A little hometown bias, but I think it's the same situation as last night's Women's Mogul. He skied the best. I'll bet both of us know next to nothing about Olympic mogul competition, so I'll put it in the hands of the judges who do know.

Who do you think should have won?

Also, I'm glad the big douche Begg-Smith didn't win. What a [expletive]in' loser that guy is, and his transition to Australia is garbage. Such an arrogant prick as well.

Edited by iBoldin

I thought he was the best one, there was a close chunk, but I would give it to him as well. A little hometown bias, but I think it's the same situation as last night's Women's Mogul. He skied the best. I'll bet both of us know next to nothing about Olympic mogul competition, so I'll put it in the hands of the judges who do know.

Who do you think should have won?

Also, I'm glad the big douche Begg-Smith didn't win. What a [expletive]in' loser that guy is, and his transition to Australia is garbage. Such an arrogant prick as well.

I have no clue, I just wanted Canada to wait to win Gold for a while longer. :lol: .

I don't know [expletive] about moguls except what they said the scoring was, but the guy who finished 6th didn't seem that bad......

Anyways, I can't wait to post in this thread when the U.S. wins Gold in hockey!

I have no clue, I just wanted Canada to wait to win Gold for a while longer. :lol: .

I don't know [expletive] about moguls except what they said the scoring was, but the guy who finished 6th didn't seem that bad......

Anyways, I can't wait to post in this thread when the U.S. wins Gold in hockey!

I told my dad that too, I thought he was better then the fifth place Canadian, and possibly the 3rd place American. But what do we know.

I just watched the luge accident video, and I still don't understand how [expletive]ing retarded people have to be to not put padding around the damn track to protect the athletes when they are going extremely fast, and to blame it on the actual luger is just pathetic when putting padding around the course is simple.

He clocked at 144. No one would have survived with padding.

He clocked at 144. No one would have survived with padding.

There's no doubt in my mind that he would have survived if there was padding on the steel beams, and the worst that would happen is a few broken bones and maybe a concussion, but he would be around today.

They had some former Gold medal winning luger on the other yesterday, and he said the same exact thing.

Was it that hard to put padding around the track?

No.

Were other lugers worried about the track and their personal safety?

Yes.

It was a terrible accident, and I don't put much blame on the luger himself.

There's no doubt in my mind that he would have survived if there was padding on the steel beams, and the worst that would happen is a few broken bones and maybe a concussion, but he would be around today.

They had some former Gold medal winning luger on the other yesterday, and he said the same exact thing.

No.

Yes.

The people who made this track were saying how it's for the elite lugers, I was like wtf... some of the best competitors were saying how dangerous it felt. What a bunch of obnoxious aholes.

No.

Yes.

I going to disagree. Once his body is lifted off the board going 144 into anything head first is going to kill you. Could have been a wall or something else but it needed to be curved inwards so he would slide up a wall rather than being shot up and out.

The other lugers actually changed there mind even saw an American stating how there would be no injuries less than 24 hours before the death of the athlete.

The blame doesn't go on really anyone. Vancouver made the track for the best to be the best and the athlete didn't have the resources to practise on something like that causing the accident. Really unfortunate.

As for Canada hockey, we looked not so hot in the first with Patrice Bergy getting pulled off resulting in a Iggy hat trick. I think we are still lower than Russia and Sweden but should be a fun week.