XXI Olympic Winter Games

bigdog17k

That was epic. Jonas Hiller and Luca Sbisa were incredible. True, Canada won, but I see them getting destroyed by Russia or Sweden, or even USA, if they play like that again.

And I didn't think there was a way to make the shootout more ridiculous. Seriously, letting shooters go twice?

That was epic. Jonas Hiller and Luca Sbisa were incredible. True, Canada won, but I see them getting destroyed by Russia or Sweden, or even USA, if they play like that again.

And I didn't think there was a way to make the shootout more ridiculous. Seriously, letting shooters go twice?

I guess you've never seen the Toews World Junior masterpiece then?

I guess you've never seen the Toews World Junior masterpiece then?

Never saw it, but reading about it now. So incredibly dumb. Shootouts are perhaps the biggest gimmick in sports, I hate seeing them decide games.

Halak and Hiller are beasts. Team Canada brought a bunch of lazy superstars to Vancouver. It is so easy to beat team like the Swiss but everyone is just striding around the ice not looking to get hurt which is stupid because it barely looks like we are trying. We have no Theo Fleurys or Paul Kariyas on this team and it is showing. Add that with no chemistry at all.

I'm glad we have the USA next.

Halak and Hiller are beasts. Team Canada brought a bunch of lazy superstars to Vancouver. It is so easy to beat team like the Swiss but everyone is just striding around the ice not looking to get hurt which is stupid because it barely looks like we are trying. We have no Theo Fleurys or Paul Kariyas on this team and it is showing. Add that with no chemistry at all.

I'm glad we have the USA next.

I agree, I think Steve Yzerman screwed up. The closest thing they have to an "energy line" is when Richards Iginla and Bergeron are playing together. As we saw last night, you can't really win hockey games like that.

And [expletive] waking up at 8 AM. I wanted to stay up to see the end of Slovakia/Russia so badly, I knew it'd be a great finish, but I just had to go to bed in the middle of the 3rd period. Oh well.

Edited by Phightins

I agree, I think Steve Yzerman screwed up. The closest thing they have to an "energy line" is when Richards Iginla and Bergeron are playing together. As we saw last night, you can't really win hockey games like that.

And [expletive] waking up at 8 AM. I wanted to stay up to see the end of Slovakia/Russia so badly, I knew it'd be a great finish, but I just had to go to bed in the middle of the 3rd period. Oh well.

I don't know if it's in french or not but I missed it and planned to watch it this afternoon.

http://www.rdsolympiques.ca/hockey/results-and-schedules/match=ihm400b03/replay.html

Joannie Rochette gave a wonderful performance at the Coliseum, a few days after her mother passed away coming to Vancouver. She was no doubt in medal contention before, and she sits in third after tonights short program. It would be amazing to see her win Gold, but even catching the Japanese skater would be great.

Also, Canada. Russia. Tomorrow, revenge on our minds. Luongo was stellar against Germany, and he's rounding into form. Gonna be an amazing game.

Joannie Rochette gave a wonderful performance at the Coliseum, a few days after her mother passed away coming to Vancouver. She was no doubt in medal contention before, and she sits in third after tonights short program. It would be amazing to see her win Gold, but even catching the Japanese skater would be great.

Also, Canada. Russia. Tomorrow, revenge on our minds. Luongo was stellar against Germany, and he's rounding into form. Gonna be an amazing game.

It's real hard to be stellar against two bottom feeder teams.