The Random Thread

Lkr

I'm 99% sure you can download Roms and Emulators from Cydia, Guru should be able to help you, or look up some youtube vids.

Yeah I already got it sorted out. Playing Pokemon Fire Red right now haha.

• Owner

Had an incredible night playing basketball. Over the last two years, I've had trouble driving to the rim (losing speed, and I'm actually in fear of getting hit in my good eye), so I have been shooting 300-500 jumpers a night, and I score most of my points with jumpshots.

Welllll...tonight, instead of pulling up at the elbow, or elevating quickly off the dribble, I decided to take a taller guy in the post, which is usually a mistake because of the length advantage he has. I completely dominated, and I'm thinking that, now, I've found my secret weapon when my mid-range and three isn't falling.

Plus, I've never pump-faked a guy any better than I did him. He bit on one of them bad enough to unintentionally knee me in the gut, and I hit this beautiful fadeaway on him in the process (not even sure how I made it, THAT particular shot was luck because he knocked the wind out of me). He's one of the best defensive players out there, too.

I wish I would've done this all summer long, though. Now, I can play all 24 feet from the rim to the three, run the point and then take the post against anyone, big or small. I've got about six or seven go-to post moves that I've got down pretty well.

That, and being in the triple threat, are my two favorite things. Dudes out there are toast when I'm in the triple threat. Biggest mistakes they make, to let me catch the ball in that position.

WHERE ARE YOU, NBA? I miss basketball.

Nice. Some nights, you're just in the zone. I remember one particular game I played a couple weeks back, we play to 11 and I had 7 of our points, 6 points off of 2s and a really nice reverse layup. I don't usually shoot 2s at all because I don't trust my shot enough (still working on it) but that game, was in the zone.

$60

I got it for so much more though and it's new, I wore it once lol.

I might do that, I don't really have the money now as I've got rent and bills coming up, so it wouldn't be until next month, if you're willing to wait that long. If not, it's all good.

• Owner

That's pretty sick man, dropping 52 in a game. Also, it's inspiring, having to relearn how to play with one eye since your other eye is [expletive]ed, makes me want to go out and put up 300 shots to work on my game right now.

Man, it's been hell over the years. I've had two major injuries, two that were bad enough to change my game and the way I played, and then one that was "severe" but didn't hurt me too much. The eye problem may be the worst, because my depth perception is off, and it's always hard to follow through and (at the same time) keep your arm out of your face in order to see the rim. I learned to sort of turn my body on my shot a bit, but it puts a lot more on my shooting arm.

Back in HS (my junior year), that's when I basically obliterated my ankle, didn't play both of those years (we won the State Championship when I was a junior, and it [expletive]ing KILLED me not being able to get that ring, even though we won). I went through physical therapy sessions, carried them over to the part and did my own thing, had to learn how to push off certain parts of my foot I've never used before (when driving to the rim), using those parts to pivot, etc. It was my left ankle, so I had trouble jumping, felt like a soda can collapsing underneath my foot every jump (like I was jumping off one), just not getting the elevation or the balance.

I tore up my pinkie on my shooting hand, a severe dislocation, but really, it didn't mean too much...you aren't supposed to use your pinkie to shoot (not as much as the other fingers, anyway).

Having all of that, and being a diabetic with high blood pressure and one eye...it is STILL difficult to stay away from the game. One reason why I created OTR was to bring a ton of people over from another board that wasn't treating them right, but many don't know that the other reason was because of everything that tried to keep me away from the courts, and I had so much time on my hands that I needed a basketball fix.

I remember one game I was playing, it was a 3-3, or 2-2, I can't remember, but I did this little crossover and then pulled up for the fade away jumper really quickly and hit the game winning shot, I heard someone from the other team say "Damn, he just Kobe'd you". I'm sort of known for hitting clutch game winning shots, or I'm the one that will get the team back into the game from down big and then let my teammates get hot.

There has been one time, during a pick up game (which is what I play all the time, never any league games), where I've scored all of my team's points. We usually got to 11 but you gotta win by 2. I scored all 13 of our points. Like I mentioned, when you're in the zone, you're so focused that it seems like you can see every weakness in the defense, whether it's a hole where you can slide through for a layup, or they're giving you too much space and you pull up for the jumper. And the basket just seems like it's really wide and easy to shoot through.

Though, I've had my fair share of total shit games too, lol. :lol:

I've had some great games I'd probably never duplicate, and I've had some terrible games I'd never hope to duplicate. One was from that 0-8 season, where I tried to facilitate and kept turning the ball over, and we lost by 32. I had probably 14 points...can't remember. Shot poorly. I was so frustrated, my defense sucked, and we were playing a team who was easily the best defensive team in the league that year.

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝