The Random Thread

Lkr

• Owner

Yeah, me too. I've got a Truetest meter with about 30 test strips that I don't use if you want it, I know those strips are much cheaper online.

Nah bro, I can go out to Wal-Mart and get a cheap meter, with probably 25 strips, for $15. I just don't like using anything else, lol. Thanks though.

Test strips are the worst thing to buy. I can go a couple months having to spend $100 on insulin (assuming I didn't have any insurance at all), but damn man...if I test my blood just five times a day, 30 days a month, that's around $150...and usually, I'm testing 7-8 times when I'm active and playing ball or working out (which is almost every day).

Ridiculous, all for a [expletive]ing plastic strip.

Yeah, my strips are $30 on insurance, and I already think that's insanely high. They last me a while because I don't test as much as I should, but still. $30 for strips, $30 for syringes, $105 for Lantus+Novolog, $75 for Crestor (cool that I'm on cholesterol medicine thanks to diabetes, added little perk.. my levels were perfect last month, and I still get to stay on it at a lesser dosage because of the increased cholesterol bullshit).

I get raped monthly. I'm sure you do, too.

• Owner

Yeah, my strips are $30 on insurance, and I already think that's insanely high. They last me a while because I don't test as much as I should, but still. $30 for strips, $30 for syringes, $105 for Lantus+Novolog, $75 for Crestor (cool that I'm on cholesterol medicine thanks to diabetes, added little perk.. my levels were perfect last month, and I still get to stay on it at a lesser dosage because of the increased cholesterol bullshit).

I get raped monthly. I'm sure you do, too.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat dude. All of that (well, Lantus and Humalog for me), plus three different types of blood pressure medicine (Losartan, Clonidine, and Diltiazem), AND an anti-seizure med named Dilantin (because I go into seizures when my blood sugar drops below 50, most of the time)...and adding the strips and syringes, well, it sucks?

Gonna go drive to Sacramento and beat this person's ass on eBay, for not sending me my blood sugar test strips. I've had to test my blood much less over the last week because of it, and also had to go to Wal-Mart today and spend $55 for 50 strips, instead of the $35 I purchased the 100 strips for on eBay (that I haven't gotten since the 20th of August).

3 hour drive from here my dude, come through and we'll take care of it! haha

Finally got a new girlfriend!!!! I absolutely [expletive]ing love her. She's sexy (not like ridiculously hot, but she isn't fake and made beautiful by tons of makeup, either) and way more importantly, she has a fascinating, unique mind that challenges my own, which is a far bigger turn-on for me than pure looks. I'm so, so happy!!

:wub:

• Like 2

• Owner

Finally got a new girlfriend!!!! I absolutely [expletive]ing love her. She's sexy (not like ridiculously hot, but she isn't fake and made beautiful by tons of makeup, either) and way more importantly, she has a fascinating, unique mind that challenges my own, which is a far bigger turn-on for me than pure looks. I'm so, so happy!!

Do NOT let her convince you that you need to spend less time on OTR. DON'T LET HER DO IT.

• Like 2

Do NOT let her convince you that you need to spend less time on OTR. DON'T LET HER DO IT.

Haha don't worry. I learned from my last relationship that I can't let a girl take all the time away from my homies and other hobbies. But I swear I wanna give this girl everything...[expletive] jewelry, I'll give her all of Saturn's rings.

• Owner

being single is a million times better than being in a relationship lol some people disagree but i don't see how.

Depends, really. Being nearly 28, and with a girl for 4 1/2 years...I'd rather be in this relationship.

Now, ask me before I met her, at any time, and I'll echo your words.

being single is a million times better than being in a relationship lol some people disagree but i don't see how.

I don't go to college anymore, so many of my friends are away at school or working 60 hour weeks, so I don't have a ton of options of people to chill with. So, it's nice to have a girl to keep me occupied and not feeling lonely.

definitely not alone, just not in a relationship. i love not having that responsibility. but then again i'm a cynic so when i see people holding hands n being gay it makes me soooo much happier i'm single.

friends with benefits ftw?

Nice!

I joined the gym like a week ago and im seriously liking it. Been like 4x already

Just keep going, try to make a daily thing, because when you start taking too many days off you fall out of the habit. Gotta have it in your routine, don't say stuff like "Eh I went yesterday, I'll go tomorrow"