The Random Thread

Lkr

83 died in 1940s US STD study

Updated August 30, 2011 08:16:55

At least 83 people died after being deliberately infected with sexually transmitted diseases in US government experiments in Guatemala during the 1940s, a commission investigating the program has found.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-30/83-died-in-guatemala-1940s-us-experiments3a-panel/2861486 <_<

Nicknamed '24,' Cuban man considers his 4 perfectly formed extra digits a blessing

http://snsimages.tribune.com/media/photo/2011-08/64269561.jpg

In this photo taken Wednesday Aug. 24, 2011, Yoandri Hernandez Garrido, 37, known as "Twenty-Four" shows his 12 fingers in Baracoa, Guantanamo province, Cuba. Hernandez is proud of his extra digits and calls them a blessing, saying they set him apart and enable him to make a living by scrambling up palm trees to cut coconuts and posing for photographs in this eastern Cuban city popular with tourists. Known as polydactyly, Hernandez's condition is relatively common, but it's rare for the extra digits to be so perfect. (AP Photo/Javier Galeano) (Javier Galeano, AP / August 26, 2011)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-cb-cuba-24-fingers-and-toes,0,1230596.story

Reminds me of:

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=13179

Since my computer's been [expletive]ed up the last few days, I didn't get a chance to share this story, so...

Back in November, this girl who I've been friends with for a few years promised me VIP tickets to Rock the Bells at Governor's Island. Evidently her dad owns a fencing company and gets them for marketing purposes, so every year she goes. Anyway, since then she's been pumping it up to me, getting me excited. The lineup this year included Nas (performing all of Illmatic), Immortal Technique, Black Star, Slaughterhouse, Black Milk, various Wu-Tang sets, Lauryn Hill, Mobb Deep, and a bunch of others. Anyway, we had a bit of a falling-out a month ago, so I assumed I wasn't going and managed to accept it. Then, on Thursday, she texted me to remind me that we were going, and I got mad excited. She said her dad told her it was the 4th, but I swore that they said on the radio it was the 3rd, but I kinda assumed it was maybe a 2 day thing, or I heard it wrong. So, Saturday comes and we start talking over text about how we'll get there, and while I'm looking up various routes, I went to the main webpage for the concert and found out it WAS in fact the 3rd, with nothing for the 4th. By then it was already 3pm, and she had work 'till 7.

From what I hear, Nas killed it.

FML.

I'm trying my hardest to fill up my 160gb iPod. So far I've added 2380 songs in the last 2 weeks from other friends iPod's. Total songs: 10,334. Not even close to 160 gb lol.

Haha yeah good luck the only way I know how to do it is by putting a shot load of movies on it.

I'm trying my hardest to fill up my 160gb iPod. So far I've added 2380 songs in the last 2 weeks from other friends iPod's. Total songs: 10,334. Not even close to 160 gb lol.

My mom has about 14k on her 120gb iPod right now. She's not even close either but it always still adding new stuff. I've been helping her and anytime we come across a new band, we get their entire discography.

• Owner

Gonna go drive to Sacramento and beat this person's ass on eBay, for not sending me my blood sugar test strips. I've had to test my blood much less over the last week because of it, and also had to go to Wal-Mart today and spend $55 for 50 strips, instead of the $35 I purchased the 100 strips for on eBay (that I haven't gotten since the 20th of August).

Trying to go to Dave & Busters this weekend..besides that..before the weekend is over may be the first drunken Smitty post..I'm trying to go into my birthday with a bang. lol

Gonna go drive to Sacramento and beat this person's ass on eBay, for not sending me my blood sugar test strips. I've had to test my blood much less over the last week because of it, and also had to go to Wal-Mart today and spend $55 for 50 strips, instead of the $35 I purchased the 100 strips for on eBay (that I haven't gotten since the 20th of September).

Of last year??

Should've been beat his ass lol.

• Like 1

Gonna go drive to Sacramento and beat this person's ass on eBay, for not sending me my blood sugar test strips. I've had to test my blood much less over the last week because of it, and also had to go to Wal-Mart today and spend $55 for 50 strips, instead of the $35 I purchased the 100 strips for on eBay (that I haven't gotten since the 20th of August).

What meter do you use?