New York Mets 2010

fish7718

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh this is pathetic Johan is getting jacked. Johan also has one of our only 3 hits against Livans BP fastballs, btw Johan hit a double. Francoeur made a nice play throwing out Dunn about 5 feet infront of the warning track.

Mets (2-4) @ Rockies (3-3)

April 13th 8:40 PM - John Maine (0-0) 7.20 ERA Vs Greg Smtih (0-1) 9.00 ERA LOSS 11-2 | LP: John Maine (0-1) | Save: None | Mets player of the game: David Wright (2)

April 14th 8:40 PM - Jon Niese (0-1) 4.50 ERA Vs Aaron Cook (0-1) 6.75 ERA LOSS 6-5 (10) | LP: Jenrry Mejia (0-1) | Save: None | Mets player of the game: David Wright (3)

April 15th 3:10 PM - Mike Pelfrey (1-0) 3.00 ERA Vs Jorge De La Rosa (1-0) 0.00 ERA WIN 5-0 | WP: Mike Pelfrey (2-0) | Save: None | Mets player of the game: Mike Pelfrey (1)

Edited by Fish7718

Pelf was incredible today, owned the outside of the plate, had his sinker working. He pitched like an ace when we needed him to pitch like an ace. If Maine Perez and Pelf all pitch like their former selves this team is a world series threat.

:shok: :confused: :wallbash3: :o :huh: :wacko: :unsure: <_< :rolleyes: :blink:

2006 John Maine: 6-5 3.60 ERA 1.16 WHIP

2007 John Maine: 15-10 3.91 ERA 1.27 WHIP

2004 Oliver Perez: 12-10 2.98 ERA 1.15 WHIP

2006 Oliver Perez: 15-10 3.56 ERA 1.31 WHIP

2007 Oliver Perez: 12-10 4.22 ERA 1.40 WHIP

2008 Mike Pelfrey: 13-11 3.72 ERA 1.36 WHIP

So I can careless if you think I'm a homer fact of the matter is if this team gets quality starts when Beltran comes back, its going to win games.

2006 John Maine: 6-5 3.60 ERA 1.16 WHIP

2007 John Maine: 15-10 3.91 ERA 1.27 WHIP

2004 Oliver Perez: 12-10 2.98 ERA 1.15 WHIP

2006 Oliver Perez: 15-10 3.56 ERA 1.31 WHIP

2007 Oliver Perez: 12-10 4.22 ERA 1.40 WHIP

2008 Mike Pelfrey: 13-11 3.72 ERA 1.36 WHIP

So I can careless if you think I'm a homer fact of the matter is if this team gets quality starts when Beltran comes back, its going to win games.

If every pitcher on your team matches their CAREER season, you'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

If every pitcher on your team matches their CAREER season, you'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

Reyes

Castillo

Wright

Beltran

Bay

Francoeur

Jacobs

Barajas

That lineup will win games combined with the 2nd best bullpen in mlb so far (best in NL) the only weakness i can see is starting pitching, if maine oli and pelf pitch good then we will make playoffs easy

and if the phillies had hamels, moyer, lidge as they were a few years ago then the phillies would easily win the world series again. so it wouldnt matter what the mets did

Yeah but the Mets have been hurt by injuries, for the Phillies hitters just know how to hit hamels now, moyer is done, and lidge the book is still out on.

If all of the Nationals weaknesses suddenly disappear they'll make the playoffs easy too.

True but the Nationals have a lot more weaknesses then the Mets all I'm asking is for pitchers entering their prime to pitch like they can.

You basically said if your pitching staff, which sucks, suddenly doesn't suck, you'll go to the world series. That can be said about any weakness for any team in the league.

You can translate that message however you want, still don't care what you think, weren't you the guy who wanted to dump Park after one appearance? LMAO

You can translate that message however you want, still don't care what you think, weren't you the guy who wanted to dump Park after one appearance? LMAO

When you start reaching and flailing for something unrelated, I know I've already won.

Oops.

Yeah but the Mets have been hurt by injuries, for the Phillies hitters just know how to hit hamels now, moyer is done, and lidge the book is still out on.

Agreed on Moyer. With Hamels, he has significant room for improvement. He is a 26 year old pitcher struggling to adjust. This happens to basically every pitcher on the planet at this age, unless your name is Tim Lincecum. When his curveball and cutter improve and he no longer is just a 2-pitch pitcher, I am expecting big things. As for Lidge, his problems last year were not about "the book being out on him". For as long as he's been in the Majors, his "book" has been the same and known by basically every hitter in baseball. Fastball slider. That's it. His problem last year was that he was apparently tipping pitches, so hitters were able to sit on his fastball. Also, he took forever to get to the plate, so if you got to first base, you essentially had a free pass to 2nd and in some cases 3rd (both this and the pitch tipping were likely because of his knee injury, and the fact that he altered his delivery a bit, especially out of the stretch). He might as well have just pitched out of the windup all the time. So I am interested to see how he does this year with a fully healthy knee. I certainly don't expect 2008 Brad Lidge, but I expect a hell of a lot better than 2009.

Anyway, carry on...

Edited by Phightins

When you start reaching and flailing for something unrelated, I know I've already won.

Oops.

There's no point in even debating anything with you lol. All you keep talking about the Nationals and other teams, you haven't even mentioned why the Mets can't make the playoffs, so now whos flailing to unrelated things.

Oops.

Agreed on Moyer. With Hamels, he has significant room for improvement. He is a 26 year old pitcher struggling to adjust. This happens to basically every pitcher on the planet at this age, unless your name is Tim Lincecum. When his curveball and cutter improve and he no longer is just a 2-pitch pitcher, I am expecting big things. As for Lidge, his problems last year were not about "the book being out on him". For as long as he's been in the Majors, his "book" has been the same and known by basically every hitter in baseball. Fastball slider. That's it. His problem last year was that he was apparently tipping pitches, so hitters were able to sit on his fastball. Also, he took forever to get to the plate, so if you got to first base, you essentially had a free pass to 2nd and in some cases 3rd (both this and the pitch tipping were likely because of his knee injury, and the fact that he altered his delivery a bit, especially out of the stretch). He might as well have just pitched out of the windup all the time. So I am interested to see how he does this year with a fully healthy knee. I certainly don't expect 2008 Brad Lidge, but I expect a hell of a lot better than 2009.

Anyway, carry on...

Hamels yes, but if he doesn't make those changes he will never be a dominant pitcher again. Lidge I'd expect to not much more than an average closer but we'll see.

There's no point in even debating anything with you lol. All you keep talking about the Nationals and other teams, you haven't even mentioned why the Mets can't make the playoffs, so now whos flailing to unrelated things.

Oops.

Seriously? Everything I've said is a counterpoint to what you say... you grasped for something to attempt to take away my credibility on the subject. Do you really not see how those two are worlds different?

The Mets can't win because they don't have the talent, leadership, or pitching to do so... and because the Phillies are completely superior. If EVERYTHING goes right, they'll scrap for a wild card spot. But they'll likely fall short of that when all is said and done.

Seriously? Everything I've said is a counterpoint to what you say... you grasped for something to attempt to take away my credibility on the subject. Do you really not see how those two are worlds different?

The Mets can't win because they don't have the talent, leadership, or pitching to do so... and because the Phillies are completely superior. If EVERYTHING goes right, they'll scrap for a wild card spot. But they'll likely fall short of that when all is said and done.

Compare this team to the team in 2008 that missed the playoffs by 1 game and then tell me why we cant make the playoffs.

The only thing you did was compare the Mets to the Nationals which is absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by Fish7718