Official "Health and Fitness" Thread

Cobb

I am thinking of taking HGH, advice, suggestions? I want results, FAST.

No. You can get equivalent or better results without risking your health in the future. Of course it's more work, but it'll pay off in the future and you won't have to live with the conscience that you cheated to get your gains.

I wouldn't, at least.

Yeah definitely don't take HGH, it's not a good idea. Sure it'll bulk you up fast, but it'll also mess you up in the future as HHH said.

I jsut took the tropical punch stuff back and got chocolate. SO much better. Now if only they made multivitamins that didn't smell like [expletive].

I just finished the first day of P90x.. I could do the majority of the Chest & Back exercises, except using the resistance band instead of chin ups cuz I can't do any of those yet. But the Ab Ripper exercises are RIDICULOUS. I could only do like 4 of the 12 they do. And I don't feel any burn or tired. I just sweat alot. I hope it works.

Jeeze, 3 posts straight? Oh well...

I started this workout today, cuz my main goal is to cut weight...

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/23-doug--s-mega-cutting-routine.html

It seems pretty simple but my shoulders and tris are killing me right now lol.

And I was told to not do weight training and P90x at the same time so I'm putting P90x on hold until I get home from PHX.

Edited by Jammin

Starting the P90x on Monday, I have to pick up some of those bands since I'm not looking to buy a set of dumbells right now. Also gotta pick up one of those pull up bars to stick in the doorway, this [expletive] would be so much easier if I had a little gym or something.

Anyways, as long as I keep it up, I'll post some comments in here to let you know what I think of the results.... it has been like 4 months since I last worked out, gonna be feeling rough next week lol.

I'm gonna watch my diet a bit more, but I don't intend on using the diet book or whatever, I don't have the money to eat properly like that lol, hopefully it doesn't hinder the results too much.

If you keep on the P90x [expletive] post updates in here, I wanna check how other people are doing (my other buddy at work is doing it too, 2 weeks in already).

I did the first day, and boy was I hurting, but I stopped because I was told that I may be over training which could be a negative so I'm waiting until I get home to start.

I bought both the bands and chin up bar, it cost $45 after tax here [get a really strong band, or you gotta rope them up alot under your feet to feel any resistance].

Try to eat alot of protein [1 gram per 1 pound of lean body mass], lower your sugars/sodium to very, very small amounts per day.

Good luck, can't wait to see your results.

Starting the P90x on Monday, I have to pick up some of those bands since I'm not looking to buy a set of dumbells right now. Also gotta pick up one of those pull up bars to stick in the doorway, this [expletive] would be so much easier if I had a little gym or something.

Anyways, as long as I keep it up, I'll post some comments in here to let you know what I think of the results.... it has been like 4 months since I last worked out, gonna be feeling rough next week lol.

I'm gonna watch my diet a bit more, but I don't intend on using the diet book or whatever, I don't have the money to eat properly like that lol, hopefully it doesn't hinder the results too much.

If you keep on the P90x [expletive] post updates in here, I wanna check how other people are doing (my other buddy at work is doing it too, 2 weeks in already).

If you follow the portion approach, and not the meal approach, it is probably cheaper than what you would normally eat.

I'm finishing my 5th week of P90x tomorrow, and I've already lost 17 pounds and 7% body fat.

P90x works for everyone, except people that eat poorly or don't put any effort in. I struggle with a decent amount of the exercises as I haven't been in good shape since my senior year of high school, so I'm probably getting 75% of the results I could be getting.

Nevermind, p90x is gay. Pathetic how they tell you to buy their overpriced "supplements" in the first video LOL.

They "reccomend" them, and you are probably too big a of a [expletive] to do it.

Also, I can guarantee you there are more world renowned doctors with Phd's that would say it's healthy to lose more than .5 lbs a day, unlike the one source that you keep mentioning.

The program works, which is why it's been successful for years.

You really are clueless, and it's kind of sad.

Starting my summer workout on Monday. I am 5'9, weight 160 pounds. Kinda fat, trying to lose some fat and just get cut this summer. Head into college looking more athletic and ripped.

Anyway someone could give me a good workout and eating schedule? I'll rep any helpful post. I'm really trying to lose some body fat and get cut.

They "reccomend" them, and you are probably too big a of a [expletive] to do it.

Also, I can guarantee you there are more world renowned doctors with Phd's that would say it's healthy to lose more than .5 lbs a day, unlike the one source that you keep mentioning.

The program works, which is why it's been successful for years.

You really are clueless, and it's kind of sad.

I'm clueless? Because I don't want to give into to buying over priced [expletive] when I'm working my way through college LOL. That makes me a [whatever this expletive was]? Hornton didn't really suggest it dude, he more or less told you to take them or you won't get maximum results - why would I pay $120 or how ever much + bands or pull-up bars if I'm not going to get the best results possible. Funny how they never mention the money on "supplements" you need to drop that aren't included in the already ridiculous $120 price.

I never said it didn't work, but I certainly won't be following it like a religion. I can see some of the routines definitely being useful (Yoga, etc) but I'm fine on my own - I don't need Tony to hold my hand and stuff my mouth with those bull[expletive] Power Bar clones LOL.

What sources are you providing? Because all you seem to be doing is talking out of your [expletive]. What structural proof have you provided? I never declared it is "unhealthy" but if you want the HEALTHIEST way to lose weight sufficiently you shouldn't lose over .5 pounds.

If you follow the portion approach, and not the meal approach, it is probably cheaper than what you would normally eat.

I'm finishing my 5th week of P90x tomorrow, and I've already lost 17 pounds and 7% body fat.

P90x works for everyone, except people that eat poorly or don't put any effort in. I struggle with a decent amount of the exercises as I haven't been in good shape since my senior year of high school, so I'm probably getting 75% of the results I could be getting.

I'm not really looking to lose much weight, this is why I'm not too concerned with the food part, I intend on not eating as much [expletive], but I won't be looking at the meal plan.

The way I see it, worst case scenario is I learn some new effective workouts for the future.

I watched a few videos and most the exercises are things I have done before or variations, so it shouldn't be too much of a struggle.

I'm not really looking to lose much weight, this is why I'm not too concerned with the food part, I intend on not eating as much [expletive], but I won't be looking at the meal plan.

The way I see it, worst case scenario is I learn some new effective workouts for the future.

I watched a few videos and most the exercises are things I have done before or variations, so it shouldn't be too much of a struggle.

Can you PM the link to where you got it?