Philadelphia Flyers 2010-2011

Phightins

I am sick of the national media clowns like Mike Milbury saying "the Flyers need to solidify their goaltending blah blah blah". Such a cheap way to get an article written or a piece for TV done. "Well it's the Flyers and they are struggling, must be the goaltending!". Anybody who has watched this team since the all star break knows that goaltending is about as far down the list of problems as anything. This defense would make Dominik Hasek look bad right now.

Today's game is case in point. Maybe since it's on national TV, folks will actually notice. Horrendous turnovers, old defense playing old, losing puck battles, just not giving a shit in general. Not the goalies at all.

I am sick of the national media clowns like Mike Milbury saying "the Flyers need to solidify their goaltending blah blah blah". Such a cheap way to get an article written or a piece for TV done. "Well it's the Flyers and they are struggling, must be the goaltending!". Anybody who has watched this team since the all star break knows that goaltending is about as far down the list of problems as anything. This defense would make Dominik Hasek look bad right now.

He is a dumbass. Last night he was pro to taking fighting out of hockey...the dude who climbed into the crowd to fight.

Erik Gustafsson called up to be "7th defenseman", although honestly I'd like to have him in the lineup every night now that this Pronger deal is long term. Sit Boynton. Also use it as a chance to give O'Donnell some rest, and eventually Timonen when they (hopefully) clinch the division.

NHL really needs to come up with clear shootout rules. Flyers kind of got screwed tonight (won't complain too much since they still got a point they didn't deserve). Blake Wheeler lost the puck in close, then reached out to recollect it and scored. From every "rule" I have seen, it should have been blown dead. But it seems like each referee has his own set of rules. Either that or they just make it up on the fly (re: plays like this as well as the spin-o-rama).

NHL really needs to come up with clear shootout rules. Flyers kind of got screwed tonight (won't complain too much since they still got a point they didn't deserve). Blake Wheeler lost the puck in close, then reached out to recollect it and scored. From every "rule" I have seen, it should have been blown dead. But it seems like each referee has his own set of rules. Either that or they just make it up on the fly (re: plays like this as well as the spin-o-rama).

Only saw it once but didn't see anything wrong with it really. More unlucky that Rob Schremp just joined Atlanta lol.

Only saw it once but didn't see anything wrong with it really. More unlucky that Rob Schremp just joined Atlanta lol.

Yeah Schremp is nasty.

And I dunno, it looked like he lost control, at which point Boosh gave up on the play. Not an excuse for him giving up on the play or not, but I have seen several instances like this when the goalies have no idea what is going on. I have also seen this called both ways. Again, not complaining about last night, thrilled to get a point out of last night. I'd just like to see them iron out the rules a bit.

Yeah Schremp is nasty.

And I dunno, it looked like he lost control, at which point Boosh gave up on the play. Not an excuse for him giving up on the play or not, but I have seen several instances like this when the goalies have no idea what is going on. I have also seen this called both ways. Again, not complaining about last night, thrilled to get a point out of last night. I'd just like to see them iron out the rules a bit.

I heard they were gonna keep the spin around rules but just review them a bit better but can you honestly see them reviewing a shootout goal that is the winner? I don't think so.

I personally find the AHL run better than the NHL but it also isn't a cash machine.

There is too much gray area. Either allow everything or just make clear guidelines of what is/isn't acceptable. Right now nothing is clear.

But this was a big topic at the GM meetings, supposedly. So I suspect we'll see some changes next year.

There is too much gray area. Either allow everything or just make clear guidelines of what is/isn't acceptable. Right now nothing is clear.

But this was a big topic at the GM meetings, supposedly. So I suspect we'll see some changes next year.

That is the biggest problem with the NHL. One referee can allow a hook in a game because they are letting the two teams "play" but then in another instance it would be called a power play which is huge in a hockey game that most a team scores is between 2-4 goals.

*ATTENTION*

From now on this is MY thread and MY thread alone. Anybody who questions this or disagrees with me on any point within the realm of this thread will have their HOCKEY IQ brought into question.

CONSIDER YOURSELVES WARNED!

*ATTENTION*

From now on this is MY thread and MY thread alone. Anybody who questions this or disagrees with me on any point within the realm of this thread will have their HOCKEY IQ brought into question.

CONSIDER YOURSELVES WARNED!

Was that a hockey post? Oh wait.

Erik Gustafsson called up to be "7th defenseman", although honestly I'd like to have him in the lineup every night now that this Pronger deal is long term. Sit Boynton. Also use it as a chance to give O'Donnell some rest, and eventually Timonen when they (hopefully) clinch the division.

Oh shit, totally forgot to bump this last night and thank the Flyers for taking my advice!

Gus played well too!

Or else the Flyers wouldn't have been in the playoffs last year.......because we all know the Rangers were winning that game otherwise.......

Yeah. Fortunately they showed up in the one shootout that actually mattered.