2011 Slam Dunk Contest

htown11

Call me a homer (which I don't deny to being) but DeRozan was robbed. Anybody other than Blake Griffin does that 2nd dunk of his and he gets a 43-45 max considering it gets done about every year.

McGee's were nice as well, but hardly worth a 99. His 2nd dunk was pretty meh to me, especially considering how he had to hang onto the rim to actually dunk the third ball.

Not that I expected DeRozan to get out of the first round anyways, but I definitely think that he deserves it more. You knew that McGee and Griffin were going to get to the Finals unless they pulled a Chris Andersen.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Call me a homer (which I don't deny to being) but DeRozan was robbed. Anybody other than Blake Griffin does that 2nd dunk of his and he gets a 43-45 max considering it gets done about every year.

McGee's were nice as well, but hardly worth a 99.

Not that I expected DeRozan to get out of the first round anyways, but I definitely think that he deserves it more. You knew that McGee and Griffin were going to get to the Finals unless they pulled a Chris Andersen.

I agree. Griffins first dunk was ridiculous, but that second dunk was nothing special. Derozan should have had a higher total. I would have much rather wanted a Derozan-Griffin finals.

The dunk itself was pretty mediocore if you ask me. I would be willing to bet that at least around 90% of the NBA could do that dunk.

The presentation was nice, don't get me wrong, but the dunk was hardly anything to get excited about.

Am I the only one who fails to see how the car added to the impressiveness? This [expletive] is so fixed.

Not at all.

I still think that the best dunks are the ones where the players just go up and dunk the ball. Give me DeRozan's 2nd dunk, McGee's 3rd dunk or Griffin's 1st dunk over any of these stupid "3 balls" and "2 hoops" gimmicky [expletive] any day of the week.

everythings been done before. If someone does something impressive, you complain the simpsons already did it(har har). if it isn't the best but is fun to watch, you guys complain. sorry, but winning the dunk contest doesn't even mean that much, it's just a fun talent show. Ibaka got robbed on his dunks, but other than that the car was fun to watch.