General Baseball Thread

Phightins

Poor Kendrys Morales. One homerun celebration, basically two lost seasons.

More like poor my dynasty league team!

Nah, it really does suck, kid was just coming into his own too, and it was hardly a celebration he was just jumping into home plate lol I've seen it done all the time...

Hey Fish.. Guess who batted 5th for the Jays yesterday?

Jose Molina. Hahaha. Worst lineup in baseball? Has to be right with the Padres.

LOL, that is god awful, could easily be worse than the Padres, go back 2 years and look at the Jays lineup (before *********Bautista*********** becomes a star) I'd honestly take some minor league lineups over it...:lol:

And it looks like the Giants are going to lose Posey for the rest of the season.........cool. :(

Not cool, that's tragic for all fans of baseball...

EDIT: *Previously read Molina* :lol:

Edited by fish7718

Really shitty for Posey and for the Giants, but I can't help but laugh at his agent calling for MLB to ban catchers from blocking the plate. Let's get real...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/nationals-jayson-werth-needs-to-think-before-he-talks/2011/05/26/AGufvJCH_story.html

Haha, looks like the DC media has finally turned on J-Dub. Kind of surprised it took this long. I know all of the Philly beat writers and columnists were not exactly upset when he left.

Similarly, I am liking the decision to give big money to Cliff Lee over Werth more and more. Lee has not been his studly self, but I am liking him a lot more than what I am seeing from Werth.

Anyone else notice how much of a beast Mike Stanton is? Guy is gonna be a monster when it comes to it, he is only 21

Edited by SRV

^^I would argue that he is a monster already. Not looking forward to seeing the Phillies face him for the next decade. Hoping the Marlins pull a Marlins when it comes time to pay him...

In other news, the Diamondbacks are now leading the NL West. And when you think about it, it's not that crazy. Easily the best team in that division on paper right now, IMO. Especially with Posey down. Just kind of odd to think of that.