General Baseball Thread

Phightins

The Angels DFA'd Brandon Wood today. Amazing how far a one-time elite prospect has fallen. Just shows how unpredictable baseball is.

Also, I know he is 25 and time may be running out, but I would absolutely love to see the Phillies take a flier on him. Just sayin'.

Also, I know he is 25 and time may be running out, but I would absolutely love to see the Phillies take a flier on him. Just sayin'.

Me too, a change of scenery might be a huge help for him. Can't hurt to pick him up as 2B/bench fodder, seems pretty versatile.

Anyone else think Braun could win MVP this year?

9 Home Runs, 21 RBIs,32 Hits, 23 Runs, 62 Total Bases, .466 OBP, .372 AVG

Pretty beast so far.

Absolutely, one of if the not the best Left Fielder in baseball, him or Carlos Gonzalez are the best two off the top off my head. It all depends on the team performance though really...

Absolutely, one of if the not the best Left Fielder in baseball, him or Carlos Gonzalez are the best two off the top off my head. It all depends on the team performance though really...

Unfortunately, this is correct. Shouldn't be that way though.

Why is this post worthy? :lol:

On a related note, Ian Desmond left the Nats because he became a daddy, congratulations to him.

nvm didn't realize he was scheduled to start today

Edited by Pinkie Pie

I'm pretty sure Oswalt left the team to be with his family because his hometown in Mississippi was about to get raped by that storm today. Just speculation.

But yeah, let's just leave it to the media to send fans off the deep end by using misleading titles/quotes