Phightins

Game 1 @ Vancouver - Weds 6/1, 8 EST

Game 2 @ Vancouver - Sat 6/4, 8 EST

Game 3 @ Boston - Mon 6/6, 8 EST

Game 4 @ Boston Weds 6/8, 8 EST

Game 5 @ Vancouver - Fri 6/10, 8 EST

Game 6 @ Boston - Mon 6/13, 8 EST

Game 7 @ Vancouver - Weds 6/15, 8 EST

In America, all games are on NBC, except for games 3 and 4 which are on Versus. All games on CBC in Canada.

Hard to pick against the Canucks. Better team on paper, even better now with Malhotra cleared to play. I think it will be more competitive than a lot of people are saying, though. A lot of people are calling for the Canucks in a rout, and I just don't see it, especially if Boston's defense can be as suffocating as they were in game 7 vs Tampa. Right now, I will say Canucks in 7. But with as unpredictable as the NHL postseason is, I really have no idea and I don't think anybody else does either.

Big opportunty for the Bruins to start the game. The Canucks were all over the Bruins for the first 5 minutes or so of the game and had all of the momentum until Daniel Sedin's double minor high sticking penalty. Getting a goal or two here would be huge for the B's.

Thomas has looked great so far, though. Huge save on Daniel Sedin in the first minute or so and has made two other very nice saves as well (one on Raymond and not sure who the other deflection was, maybe Kesler?).

This game has ben awful. Absolutely no flow with all of the constant penalty calls.

Although to be fair, about 99% of them have been legitimate calls so at least they aren't making brutal calls. The only bad call that I can think of off of the top of my head is the Burrows goalie interference call considering it was marginal contact in the first place (which Thomas sold really well) combined with the fact that Thomas was well outside of the crease.

I wish that we could see some more 5-5 play, though. That one stretch of about 3-4 minutes in the 2nd period was some great hockey and it woudl be awesome if we could see more of that.

That was a ridiculous play by Kesler to stay onside on that goal. I thought for sure that he was offside when the play first happened, but the replay clearly shows that he managed to keep his skate down and stay onside to set up that game winning goal.

Thomas was brilliant tonight, though. He makes some ridiculous saves every night and even on the Torres winner he was damn close to making the save on a play that he should not have had any chance of stopping. Guy is an amazing goalie and is the biggest reason why I didn't want the 'Nucks to play the B's.

Luongo was also good. He wasn't as good as Thomas and didn't have to make the difficult saves that he did, but he was great positionally and didn't give up any dangerous rebounds. He made the saves he needed to make and gave the team a lot of confidence it looked like.

This game really changed in the Canucks favour when they started activating their defense and involving them in the offense. Edler, Erhoff and Bieksa all did great jobs of moving/rushing the puck up the ice and creating chances. That is one huge advantage that they have over the Bruins and it was one of the biggest differences in the game tonight, in my opinion.

Great game, though. The first two periods were a bit hard to watch with the constant whistles, but that third period was excellent hockey and we are definietely in for one hell of a Stanley Cup Final this year.

It's only one game, and the Bruins lost game one against both the Canadiens and Lightning, and managed to adjust. I haven't been on the anti-Recchi wagon like many Bruins fans, but I think I may be joining that wagon. He is making some terrible players out there, and just can't keep up.

Also, the Bruins PP wasn't that poor at all tonight. It was much better than it has been all playoffs for the most part, but they needed to score on that 5 on 3.

Both teams had their chances, with the Canucks getting the better scoring chances, but for a team that was built up to be an unbeatable team, the Canucks sure as hell didn't look like that tonight. The Sedins did nothing against Chara tonight, and hopefully that continues.

It'd be cool if the Canucks didn't like to bite people either. Not to mention the disgrace to the NHL that Henrik Sedin is becoming. Someone needs to tell him he doesn't need to constantly dive. He's an absolute embarrassment to the NHL in that regard. It's downright pathetic, and yes, more pathetic than the Bruins PP if you were looking to get that joke in.......

It's only one game, and the Bruins lost game one against both the Canadiens and Lightning, and managed to adjust. I haven't been on the anti-Recchi wagon like many Bruins fans, but I think I may be joining that wagon. He is making some terrible players out there, and just can't keep up.

Also, the Bruins PP wasn't that poor at all tonight. It was much better than it has been all playoffs for the most part, but they needed to score on that 5 on 3.

Both teams had their chances, with the Canucks getting the better scoring chances, but for a team that was built up to be an unbeatable team, the Canucks sure as hell didn't look like that tonight. The Sedins did nothing against Chara tonight, and hopefully that continues.

It'd be cool if the Canucks didn't like to bite people either. Not to mention the disgrace to the NHL that Henrik Sedin is becoming. Someone needs to tell him he doesn't need to constantly dive. He's an absolute embarrassment to the NHL in that regard. It's downright pathetic, and yes, more pathetic than the Bruins PP if you were looking to get that joke in.......

Maybe I am missing something that the rest of the world is seeing, but Bergeron put his finger straight into Burrows' mouth....

Maybe I am missing something that the rest of the world is seeing, but Bergeron put his finger straight into Burrows' mouth....

Right, after Burrows kept shoving him, and they both had gloves in each others face. However, one player decided to be a little bitch and bite the others fingers.

Once I saw you make this post, I was 99% sure Scott Hartnell did the same thing, and I was correct. I'm not surprised you're defending that action now.

What do mean the Bruins power play wasn't poor? They went 0-6, 0-7? They had a 4 minute power play and an extended 5-on-3, how that isn't poor is beyond me. I guess it must've been worse before, lol. Canucks PP was garbage tonight too.

The Canucks are in another class then Boston and they didn't even play that great tonight. 5-on-5 their quicker on the puck, move around better then Boston and continually have great shifts. The Sedins had a couple strong scoring chances, including two in the first five minutes.

I don't really care about the biting thing, give him a one game suspension, the Canucks will just keep on rolling.

Right, after Burrows kept shoving him, and they both had gloves in each others face. However, one player decided to be a little bitch and bite the others fingers.

Once I saw you make this post, I was 99% sure Scott Hartnell did the same thing, and I was correct. I'm not surprised you're defending that action now.

Why would I go out of my way to defend Hartnell? I think I have talked to you several times about how much I dislike him as a hockey player.

Bergeron put his finger straight into Burrows' mouth. When somebody does that out of nowhere, it's a natural defensive reflex to bite down. So I don't see the huge deal.

What do mean the Bruins power play wasn't poor? They went 0-6, 0-7? They had a 4 minute power play and an extended 5-on-3, how that isn't poor is beyond me. I guess it must've been worse before, lol. Canucks PP was garbage tonight too.

The Canucks are in another class then Boston and they didn't even play that great tonight. 5-on-5 their quicker on the puck, move around better then Boston and continually have great shifts. The Sedins had a couple strong scoring chances, including two in the first five minutes.

I don't really care about the biting thing, give him a one game suspension, the Canucks will just keep on rolling.

The results were not there on the PP for the Bruins, but their PP looked much, much, much better than it has throughout the playoffs, so you can imagine how poor it has been.

If the Canucks are in another class than Boston, they shouldn't have only scored one goal in the game, on a terrible pinch by Boychuck. The Canucks had the best scoring opportunities and outplayed the Bruins last night and deserved to win, but it was only a 1-0 game, and if Mark Recchi could have buried his shot, you probably have a 1-0 Bruins win. Canucks fans are by far the most cocky fans in the NHL, and I'm not just saying that because they are in the finals.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Canucks win this series with relative ease, nor would I be surprised to see the Bruins win.

And, regarding the bite, I don't really care one way or another, but it's a pretty dumb thing to do, and I don't get how people are saying Bergeron should have expected to get his finger bitten. Face washes happen all the time, but biting fingers don't.

The bigger disgrace is that of Henrik Sedin and his acting. I don't know if last night's dive or the one against Chicago was worse. I forget which Sedin it was against Chicago though.

I have no complaints on the Hamhuis hit as well. It was a great hit, and I have no complaints about it at all.

Anyways, I hope the Bruins come out flying for the entire game on Saturday and win. They have the talent to, and they need to!

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Tim Thomas was absolutely fantastic? The Canucks probably outchanced Boston in quality scoring chances by 10. See the first two shifts of the game, the Burrows tip, Hansen breakaway, several glove saves. If that's not Thomas in net, it's 4 or 5 donut, luckily he won't play like that the entire series.

Tim Thomas was absolutely fantastic? The Canucks probably outchanced Boston in quality scoring chances by 10. See the first two shifts of the game, the Burrows tip, Hansen breakaway, several glove saves. If that's not Thomas in net, it's 4 or 5 donut, luckily he won't play like that the entire series.

I wouldn't be so sure of this.

I thought it was obvious that Tim Thomas played a great game. Yes, the Canucks game out firing at the beginning of the game, and yes, they probably generated the most quality scoring chances. However, with that said, it was a 1-0 game that the Bruins could have just as easily won

I really hope the Bruins win this series obviously because not only will it mean another Championship in Boston, it will mean that Canucks fans can get what they deserve.

I thought it was obvious that Tim Thomas played a great game. Yes, the Canucks game out firing at the beginning of the game, and yes, they probably generated the most quality scoring chances. However, with that said, it was a 1-0 game that the Bruins could have just as easily won

I really hope the Bruins win this series obviously because not only will it mean another Championship in Boston, it will mean that Canucks fans can get what they deserve.

You are hilarious. Canucks fans get what they deserve? :lol:

Every fan base has their idiots, you of all people should know that.

Edited by Built Ford Tough