2011 Stanley Cup Finals - Vancouver Canucks vs. Boston Bruins

Phightins

Aren't you a Leafs fan? Or, are you a Penguins fan? I forget which one of you Raptors fans are a Penguins fan.

Yes, I'm a Leafs fan. What does that have to do with anything?

PS: I think you are refering to BasX and, as far as I know, he is a Flyers fan.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I listened to both of the Canucks songs yesterday, and thought the Bruno Mars one was very well done, but the other one was pretty poor.

However, I can't believe I watched the whole video of the Bruins one. :lol: .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPgxF8kOE_0&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr8HKU1U3RM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqTzTiEKeM4&feature=player_embedded

Yes, I'm a Leafs fan. What does that have to do with anything?

PS: I think you are refering to BasX and, as far as I know, he is a Flyers fan.

I've told him multiple times and still messes it up.

Malhotra is in the lineup for the Canucks tonight.

I imagine he won't play much and will only take defensive zone faceoffs and maybe see the odd shift on the PK. If he can win faceoffs like he did in the regular season it will be a huge help for the Canucks considering how poorly Lappiere and H. Sedin were in the faceoff dot.

Even if all he does is take faceoffs and then immediately heads to the bench, that will still be more than what their 4th line gave them in Game 1 considering guys like Bolduc only got a minute of ice time anyways.

Iboldin you a hater or what? Why not cheer for the underdogs?

Why on earth should a Vancouver Canuck fan from British Columbia cheer for the Bruins because they are the "underdogs"?

That s the dumbest thing I've heard. :lol:

Full credit to Boston, though. Their first goal came off of a lucky break when Edler's stick broke off of the opening faceoff, but since then they have completely dominated the Canucks whether it is 5-5, 5-4 or 4-5 even. They are beating them to every loose puck, winning all of the battles down low and, to put it simply, are dominating Vancouver in every aspect of the game.

PS: Hope Horton is ok. It was a late hit on Rome's part, there is no denying that, but Horton absolutely needs to keep his head up there and not admire his pass. Either way, you never want to see a player get carried off on a stretcher. Horton seems like he will be fine, though, and it wouldn't surprise me if he is back at some point in this series even though it didn't look good.

Why on earth should a Vancouver Canuck fan from British Columbia cheer for the Bruins because they are the "underdogs"?

That s the dumbest thing I've heard. :lol:

Full credit to Boston, though. Their first goal came off of a lucky break when Edler's stick broke off of the opening faceoff, but since then they have completely dominated the Canucks whether it is 5-5, 5-4 or 4-5 even. They are beating them to every loose puck, winning all of the battles down low and, to put it simply, are dominating Vancouver in every aspect of the game.

PS: Hope Horton is ok. It was a late hit on Rome's part, there is no denying that, but Horton absolutely needs to keep his head up there and not admire his pass. Either way, you never want to see a player get carried off on a stretcher. Horton seems like he will be fine, though, and it wouldn't surprise me if he is back at some point in this series even though it didn't look good.

Are you blind? I'm not going to overreact to the hit on Horton, but he wasn't admiring his pass. He passed the puck and was looking for it back. That's not admiring your pass.

And, once again, iBoldin blends in with the majority of Canucks fan. You're extremely cocky when the Canucks have won two games by one goal each, both on unfortunate plays. However, the end result is all that matters, and the Canucks are up in the series.

The Bruins have outplayed them the majority of this series, so I have no clue what series Owen has been watching.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Lets say you are right and he was looking to get the puck back from Lucic, he is still a moron for going through the neutral zone with his head down.

Whether he was admiring his pass, or looking for a return feed like you think, he needs to keep his head up when coming through the neutral zone which is the basic point I was trying to make. Cut across the middle with your head down and there is a good chance you are going to get rocked, especially in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Again, I'm not condoning the hit from Rome because it was definitely late and he should have let up because of that (or not even hit him at all), but part of the blame should be played on Horton as well for putting himself in that position.

Lets say you are right and he was looking to get the puck back from Lucic, he is still a moron for going through the neutral zone with his head down.

Whether he was admiring his pass, or looking for a return feed like you think, he needs to keep his head up when coming through the neutral zone which is the basic point I was trying to make. Cut across the middle with your head down and there is a good chance you are going to get rocked, especially in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Again, I'm not condoning the hit from Rome because it was definitely late and he should have let up because of that (or not even hit him at all), but part of the blame should be played on Horton as well for putting himself in that position.

I know what you are say, I really do. However, he didn't have his head down looking at the ice. Was it a the worst hit I've seen, or anything close to it? No, but it was late, and was a stupid play. I just disagree that Horton was admiring his pass, but we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

I'll have to watch the hit a few more times, but after I do, I'll post my finals thoughts on it in here.

I haven't finished watching the game as I have it on DVR because I was on a plane during the game, but I do know there are four goals waiting for me in the 3rd period......

LOL, the Bruins, outside of Game 3 where they dominated Vancouver for 2 periods, have been largely underwhelming and the Canucks have carried the play. Are you serious? Outplayed them a majority of the series? A 15-minute stretch in the 2nd period of Game 2 and bits and parts of Game 1 otherwise this series has been all Vancouver. The Canucks have dominated Boston for a lot longer and they've continually carried the play, gotten more chances and generally outplayed Boston. Tim Thomas is the deciding factor in this series and should get the Conn Smythe either way right now. These games are 5-1, 6-2 games without Thomas.

I'm glad Boston won this game so the Canucks can wake up a little bit. They aren't playing to their full potential right now. Boston is a notch below when the Canucks are flying which I expect them to do in Game 4. That's why Vancouver fans are so 'cocky' because we have the best team in the League and no one has shown us otherwise. This is an extremely resilient group and with Ballard in for Rome we will show Boston why.

LOL, the Bruins, outside of Game 3 where they dominated Vancouver for 2 periods, have been largely underwhelming and the Canucks have carried the play. Are you serious? Outplayed them a majority of the series? A 15-minute stretch in the 2nd period of Game 2 and bits and parts of Game 1 otherwise this series has been all Vancouver. The Canucks have dominated Boston for a lot longer and they've continually carried the play, gotten more chances and generally outplayed Boston. Tim Thomas is the deciding factor in this series and should get the Conn Smythe either way right now. These games are 5-1, 6-2 games without Thomas.

I'm glad Boston won this game so the Canucks can wake up a little bit. They aren't playing to their full potential right now. Boston is a notch below when the Canucks are flying which I expect them to do in Game 4. That's why Vancouver fans are so 'cocky' because we have the best team in the League and no one has shown us otherwise. This is an extremely resilient group and with Ballard in for Rome we will show Boston why.

I'm not going to argue about this too much, but the Canucks were completely outplayed in game 2 except for a ten minute portion of the game in the 3rd period when the Canucks tied it 2-2. You may want to watch the game again because you clearly didn't watch the game. However, game one is a different story, where the Canucks had the much better scoring opportunities.

However, the Canucks have had the far superior scoring chances, and that is not in question.

If I were you, I would be confident with the Canucks team, but I wouldn't be nearly as cocky as you, and the majority of the Canucks fanbase are.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Sure, I'm not going to argue it much either, but I don't see how more scoring chances, controlling the tempo of a Stanley Cup Finals game and creating so many turnovers are really being outplayed.

Also, you have no reason to talk about anyone cocky. Just last week you had this gem:

This is the Patriots year, and a new dynasty will be formed.

Brady will win MVP again, Manning will have his place BEHIND Brady for sure, and the Patriots will dominate this season.

So, maybe you should temper your expectations as well. Too bad Vancouver will be on a dynasty of their own after they win the Stanley Cup.

Sure, I'm not going to argue it much either, but I don't see how more scoring chances, controlling the tempo of a Stanley Cup Finals game and creating so many turnovers are really being outplayed.

Also, you have no reason to talk about anyone cocky. Just last week you had this gem:

So, maybe you should temper your expectations as well. Too bad Vancouver will be on a dynasty of their own after they win the Stanley Cup.

The part about the Patriots is because I am going to be arrogant and cocky about them this season, something I have never been with them.

Also, Nathan Horton is out for the rest of the playoffs, which absolutely [expletive]ing sucks. It just means that Tyler Seguin will have to step up and play like he did in game 2 versus the Lightning.

I'm getting angrier and angrier now that it's really sinking in that Horton is out for the playoffs. FUUCCCCK!!!!!

The Bruins always give their player of the game this jacket, and last night it went to Nathan Horton. The Bruins had plenty of motivation before that hit, but seeing this will just motivate them even more. I'm going to try and not get into the retribution crap in this thread.

Not to mention, the Canucks diving and faking antics are a disgrace to the NHL, and even Versus was picking up on their garbage last night, especially the Sedins and their terrible acting. It's becoming downright pathetic.

Now, I would agree that Lucic's punch to Burrows was a little dirty last night, and have no problem saying that about him, but the Canucks really need to man the [expletive] up and stop acting on every play. It's pathetic.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

I'm getting angrier and angrier now that it's really sinking in that Horton is out for the playoffs. FUUCCCCK!!!!!

The Bruins always give their player of the game this jacket, and last night it went to Nathan Horton. The Bruins had plenty of motivation before that hit, but seeing this will just motivate them even more. I'm going to try and not get into the retribution crap in this thread.

Not to mention, the Canucks diving and faking antics are a disgrace to the NHL, and even Versus was picking up on their garbage last night, especially the Sedins and their terrible acting. It's becoming downright pathetic.

Now, I would agree that Lucic's punch to Burrows was a little dirty last night, and have no problem saying that about him, but the Canucks really need to man the [expletive] up and stop acting on every play. It's pathetic.

OK. And Shawn Thornton, Milan Lucic, Mark Recchi, Zdeno Chara, Rich Peverely, Brad Marchand and Tim Thomas (of all people) should stop acting like goons themselves. Thornton runs around half the time with his head cut off and looks like a [expletive]in' dumbass, Lucic and Recchi both embarassed Julien after he told them not to go do what they did, and Chara loves to take the cheap shots in scrums (and run people into glass from behind lul). Guess you didn't see Peverely's two hand baseball swing at Bieksa's reconstructed leg in Game 2, did you? It goes both ways. If the Canucks are divers and whiners then the Bruins are gutless goons who have no hockey skill.

OK. And Shawn Thornton, Milan Lucic, Mark Recchi, Zdeno Chara, Rich Peverely, Brad Marchand and Tim Thomas (of all people) should stop acting like goons themselves. Thornton runs around half the time with his head cut off and looks like a [expletive]in' dumbass, Lucic and Recchi both embarassed Julien after he told them not to go do what they did, and Chara loves to take the cheap shots in scrums (and run people into glass from behind lul). Guess you didn't see Peverely's two hand baseball swing at Bieksa's reconstructed leg in Game 2, did you? It goes both ways. If the Canucks are divers and whiners then the Bruins are gutless goons who have no hockey skill.

- Yes, that was a poor play by Peverly, and I'm not praising it.

- You are completely and uttterly wrong about Shawn Thornton, and I'd bet any amount of money that the VAST majority of the NHL would disagree with you. He's not a "goon" at all, actually has skills (though they may be minimal), and plays by the "code". So, your Shawn Thornton comment is so far off base it's ridiculous.

-Yes, I agree with you about Lucic and Recchi...somewhat. Lappierre taunted Bergeron last game, and Bergeron is one of the most respected players in the league, and his teammates aren't going to take that shit. And, Claude Julien condemned those actions after that game, unlike your coach who said the hit on Horton was fine.

-Chara doesn't run people from behind, so you're wrong there. However, I will agree with you on him taking cheap shots in scrums. He does do it somewhat often.

-Tim Thomas's check was 100% legal and within the rules, so go find a rulebook if you disagree.

How did the Canucks score their only goal last night? I could have sworn Krejci was down on the ice for some reason, yet he didn't lay there like a bitch.

There, a completely unbiased post for you to cry about.