2011 Stanley Cup Finals - Vancouver Canucks vs. Boston Bruins

Phightins

Calgary has a population of 1,000,000 people. The Calgary Flames have 14,000 season ticket holders, and a waiting list of over 5,000. So stop acting like you have your finger on the pulse of that city just because you have a few friends there . You don't. That is seriously the funniest thing you have ever said. ECN, me, or even some random American who doesn't know the first thing about hockey (such as Jim Rome, who has talked about this very topic) is as qualified to talk about this as you are.

But I have heard from various bloggers and reporters (whose opinions I do trust) that there is indeed a very large group of western Canadian hockey fans who want to see the Canucks lose.

Here comes stupid part two.

Alberta has a population close to 4 million people. I watched a special on Vancouvers run the the cup and they showed bars across Canada packed with people and when Vancouver scored, the bars in Calgary to Nova Scotia were cheering. Did I say that Calgary and Edmonton fans were all rooting for Vancouver? No. I said Canada is pulling for Vancouver to win because it's not only a [expletive] you to Gary Bettman, it also pushes every other Canadian team to create a winner.

But I am lying!

HF boards....making fans think they know since 2004.

I do not know what HF Boards is, but okay.

And this argument is not a hockey argument, it's common sense.

"Oh hey, I know a handful of people in Alberta, so their opinion must be shared by everyone else there. Just like since Phightins is from Philadelphia, he must throw batteries at opposing players and vomit on little girls."

Just stop, you are being so silly.

Edited by Phightins

"Oh hey, I know a handful of people in Alberta, so their opinion must be shared by everyone else there. Just like since Phightins is from Philadelphia, he must throw batteries at opposing players and vomit on little girls."

HF boards is ECN version of facts.

It's not really common sense. ECN thinks Montreal fans are the only ones rooting for them and he is clearly wrong.

The silly part is how often you jump to his defense. Let the man try and make something he says be something true for once rather than pushing everything in Bostons favor. He's a big boy.

So if the Canucks fanbase is absolute trash, what does that make the Bruins fans for chanting shit like Diver, Liar, Faker and heckling Luongo while Mason Raymond is sprawled on the ice severly injured? Then to top it all off, the chant lets go Bruins as Raymond is helped off of the ice.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

So if the Canucks fanbase is absolute trash, what does that make the Bruins fans for chanting shit like Diver, Liar, Faker and heckling Luongo while Mason Raymond is sprawled on the ice severly injured? Then to top it all off, the chant lets go Bruins as Raymond is helped off of the ice.

You really have no clue what you are talking about at all. Are you telling me, at first glance at the play, that you thought he was seriously injured? It did not look like a serious injury, and with the Canucks diving all series long, and all playoffs long for that matter, it's easy to understand why people were booing, considering they thought he was diving and that most people didn't notice he was down until the puck was moving the other way. Not to mention that the Garden was not allowed the show the replay on the jumbotron, so you should try and get your facts straight. However, there were people who were booing, but what the hell does heckling Luongo during that situation matter to you?

Were you watching CBC tonight? If you want to talk about "classless", look no further than Glenn Healy who said that Torres should run right into Tim Thomas.

I also never said they were trash. I said they were extremely cocky, and that their team is a disgrace to the NHL.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

I have no clue?

Serious question, can you actually discuss something with somebody without resorting to childish insults?

And yeah, I could understand chanting it when the guy first goes down, but after, I don't know, him lying on the ice for a minute without moving you would think that the people in the crowd would have enough common sense to think maybe this guy is actually injured? But no, they continue to chant shit at him and start up a "Lets go Bruins" chant while he is being helped off of the ice by his teammates.

But yeah, I have no clue.

Bruin fans are so oblivious that they would need to see a replay to know that Raymond wasn't faking it? Him lying motionless on the ice and needing to be helped off the ice by his teammates a few minutes later wasn't a big enough sign that he was actually hurt?

I've got no problem with them chanting it at first, but continuing to do it was an absolute joke when it was clear the guy was seriously hurt. It was so damn obvious that he wasn't faking it.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I have no clue?

Serious question, can you actually discuss something with somebody without resorting to childish insults?

And yeah, I could understand chanting it when the guy first goes down, but after, I don't know, him lying on the ice for a minute without moving you would think that the people in the crowd would have enough common sense to think maybe this guy is actually injured? But no, they continue to chant shit at him and start up a "Lets go Bruins" chant while he is being helped off of the ice by his teammates.

But yeah, I have no clue.

Bruin fans are so oblivious that they would need to see a replay to know that Raymond wasn't faking it? Him lying motionless on the ice and needing to be helped off the ice by his teammates a few minutes later wasn't a big enough sign that he was actually hurt?

What the hell are you talking about? At first, there were boo's because nobody knew what happened, and thought he was trying to draw a penalty. Very few people were booing when he was being taken off on the ice.

It's like the boy who cried wolf with the Canucks. However, once he was being helped off the ice, there was little to no booing.

Did you actually hear the "Let's Go Bruins" chant, or is that what CBC was feeding you? I was at the game, and the only thing that was really happening during that time was people trying to figure out what happened because the replay was not allowed to be shown on the jumbotron, and maybe some people heckling Luongo, and rightfully so.

There were people booing, but there were very few of those.

And, no, my response was not childish. You came in here being misinformed and posting garbage, and I'm correcting you.

This is from the same broadcast you were probably listening to.....

http://www.twitvid.com/ABACJ

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Whatever dude, I'm not getting into it with you, so I'll just concede right now.

That's fine because you were just looking for an argument for something I never said. You alluded that I said Canucks fans were pathetic, yet I said they were cocky.

I never said people weren't booing, but the vast majority were not, and were just trying to figure out what actually happened.

ECN, the thing I have the problem the most with you is the hypocrisy and homer ism that you stuff into every single post. Don't try to defend the Boston crowd, they were chanting Let's Go Bruins as he was getting helped off the ice. That's disgusting and a total hypocritical view on Vancouver being this egotistical bunch of divers when your team and fans have been just as classless and pathetic as the Canucks have. And not even you can deny it, even though I know you'll call me an idiot, try to make excuses and make yourself look like even more of a homer in the process.

• Like 1

ECN, the thing I have the problem the most with you is the hypocrisy and homer ism that you stuff into every single post. Don't try to defend the Boston crowd, they were chanting Let's Go Bruins as he was getting helped off the ice. That's disgusting and a total hypocritical view on Vancouver being this egotistical bunch of divers when your team and fans have been just as classless and pathetic as the Canucks have. And not even you can deny it, even though I know you'll call me an idiot, try to make excuses and make yourself look like even more of a homer in the process.

I'm saying at the game, very few people were chanting that. You may have heard it better on t.v., but from what I heard at the game it was minimal, as there were a bunch of chants going on at the same time. I'm not defending those people because most of them are the same people who chant "USA" every time, which I no not like at all.

And, if that chant was going on, how do you find it disrespectful? It's not like they were saying "Raymond, you suck!" or anything like that, people were just cheering for their team.

Also, I think they may have shown Nathan Horton on the jumbotron at that time as well, which could be why that chant was going on, which no one should have a problem with.

I know Boston has plenty of douche-bags, and there's no denying that, but I really didn't hear too much chanting when Raymond was being taken off the ice. Did you actually hear it, or was that what CBC was saying, the same broadcast that said that the Canucks should just run Tim Thomas over? I'm not saying it sarcastically either, I'm wondering if you actually heard it or are going by what they said?

Also, it just came out that Raymond is out for 4-6 month. That really sucks for him, big time.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Are you an expert on the CBC now too? I guess you've never heard PJ Stock or Michael Milbury talk about the Bruins on that station.

Can't wait for game seven. Roberto plays his second biggest game of his life where he helped Team Canada win the gold while it's almost a second chance for Thomas as he had to sit and watch Miller let the puck slide under him in OT. Hopefully it's one hell of a game with no stupid shit.

Are you an expert on the CBC now too? I guess you've never heard PJ Stock or Michael Milbury talk about the Bruins on that station.

Can't wait for game seven. Roberto plays his second biggest game of his life where he helped Team Canada win the gold while it's almost a second chance for Thomas as he had to sit and watch Miller let the puck slide under him in OT. Hopefully it's one hell of a game with no stupid shit.

I was asking about CBC........ because....you know....that's the feed you get.....in Canada.

I wasn't asking because of "homerism" on the channel, but what they were actually saying. If you were watching NBC, the same question would have been asked.....

You could "Let's Go Bruins" quite clearly on CBC, NBC and on any highlights you see on youtube where the sound quality isn't that great.

EDIT - Yeah, you just posted it. I actually don't have a problem with the hit at all, it was just an awkward play.

Edited by iBoldin

Also, how much did you pay for your ticket? Where did you sit? My friends dad just sold a lower bowl for 8000.. crazy what people will pay, that's like 1/4th of a person entire yearly salary in some cases.

In regards to the video, as I stated, you can definitely hear the chant pretty clearly, so you were completely right about that, and I don't have a big problem with the hit either.

In regards to the ticket, it was a tough decision when to buy it. Before the series started, I think they were around $800 for balcony seats.

However, after game four and right up until game 5, the balcony seats I was looking at were about $1,000, and I decided to buy the tickets before game five. I did that because if the Bruins had won game five, there would not be a ticket in the TD Garden for less than $2,000. However, since they lost, people in my section had them for $500

I bought mine for $1,400, and the service charge on this ticket cost me about the same as the cost of my game 7 ticket against the Canadiens in the first round.

I had no interest in paying $8,000 for a loge and lower bowl seat. It just isn't worth it, and the view from the balcony is great, and I was directly behind the net where the Bruins shot twice.

There were a decent amount of Canucks fans there last night, and they were all pretty cool. I don't think many of them had a rough time either, which is somewhat surprising.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

I was asking about CBC........ because....you know....that's the feed you get.....in Canada.

I wasn't asking because of "homerism" on the channel, but what they were actually saying. If you were watching NBC, the same question would have been asked.....

I'm never said homerism I said expert because you are whining about a guy whose never played on the Canucks while a former Boston player getting paid by me and the rest of Canada can be classy with comments like "Thelma and Louise".

...classy.

I'm never said homerism I said expert because you are whining about a guy whose never played on the Canucks while a former Boston player getting paid by me and the rest of Canada can be classy with comments like "Thelma and Louise".

...classy.

I hope you weren't expecting me to defend Mike Milburry. He's the worst GM the league has seen in a long, long time, if not ever.

It's not like his comments weren't accurate......