2011 Stanley Cup Finals - Vancouver Canucks vs. Boston Bruins

Phightins

I have to say that the Canadian police there were WAYYYY too nice on some of these people. I know some of the police used some force like they should, but some were just getting pushed by some fans are being to nice while restraining them.

If this were in Boston, New York, L.A., or Chicago, I'm sure there would be more fans getting their asses kicked by cops, and deservedly so.

In cases like this, I would have no problem with police brutality. This is just horrible. I really can't believe this.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

13,000 volunteers were cleaning up downtown Vancouver today.

Pretty bad how this is going to be yet another stain on the Vancouver Canuck fan base when 90% of the idiots running around last night likely weren't even hockey fans and don't know the first thing about hockey. The Cancuck fans in Rogers Arena were great with their reactions to the Bruns getting the cup as only Marchand and Boychuk were boo'ed (which was to be expected) as well as Bettman, but it is pretty much a tradition to boo Bettman.

Pretty bad how this is going to be yet another stain on the Vancouver Canuck fan base when 90% of the idiots running around last night likely weren't even hockey fans and don't know the first thing about hockey. The Cancuck fans in Rogers Arena were great with their reactions to the Bruns getting the cup as only Marchand and Boychuk were boo'ed (which was to be expected) as well as Bettman, but it is pretty much a tradition to boo Bettman.

The Canucks fans in the stadium were very well behaved.

These hooligans that jumped one guy on the other hand.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDlZdz5srsQ&feature=player_embedded

I really want to believe this, but it's hard to when a large amount of the people seen doing crazy shit in the videos were wearing expensive Canuck jerseys.

But I understand what you are saying. And it's probably right to a degree.

This video pisses me off as much as any video I've seen of the riots so far.

The guy tries to stop a truck from being set on fire, and what happens? He gets jumped by a bunch of punk ass bitches. I bet you that guy would take any of those [expletive]ers one on one.

However, the great thing about this generation is cell phone footage and the internet. Many of these people will be identified, and they will get [expletive]ing owned.

Also, do people carry hammers in Vancouver every day, or did a BUNCH of people plan on bringing them?

Edited by EastCoastNiner

This video pisses me off as much as any video I've seen of the riots so far.

The guy tries to stop a truck from being set on fire, and what happens? He gets jumped by a bunch of punk ass bitches. I bet you that guy would take any of those [expletive]ers one on one.

However, the great thing about this generation is cell phone footage and the internet. Many of these people will be identified, and they will get [expletive]ing owned.

Also, do people carry hammers in Vancouver every day, or did a BUNCH of people plan on bringing them?

It was planned. There were guys on the skytrains on the way in discussing what was gonna happen later "win or lose" I was just too drunk to mention it last night lol. A lot of people had walkie talkies and a lot of people had bandanas. They knew what was going to happen.

I really want to believe this, but it's hard to when a large amount of the people seen doing crazy shit in the videos were wearing expensive Canuck jerseys.

But I understand what you are saying. And it's probably right to a degree.

I know plenty of people from where I live (about 4-5 hours away from Vancouver in a town with about 38,000 people) who have never watched a hockey game in their lives who were decked out in Canucks gear when they found out that Vancouver was playing in the Finals. They couldn't even name one team that the Canucks had beaten in the playoffs, hell some of them didn't even know that they were playing the Bruins in the Stanley Cup Final, so I think it is a very safe bet to assume that the situation would be a lot worse in the city that the team plays in, a city with over a million people living in it. was much worse than my small town. It is like this every year when the Canucks make the playoffs and the same people who are claiming to be die hard fans won't watch a game again until they find out that the Canucks are doing well again and it is the popular thing to do.

I'm not saying that absolutely no Canuck fans were taking part in the garbage that happened after the game because that would be just stupid, but just going off of what I have seen, and know of from all of the times that I have been to Vancouver, I just don't think that anymore than about 10-20% of the people rioting the other night were actually Canuck fans.

I'd say the same thing if this were to happen in Boston (my dad grew up as a Habs fan so he obviously hated the Bruins and that hatred was pretty much passed down to both me and my brother) or Ottawa (the other team that I don't like as they were the Leafs main rivals when I really started getting into hockey during the early 00's) so its not like this is some homerism or anything like that on my part, especially considering that I'm not even really a Canucks fan and wouldn't even care about the outcome had it not been the Bruins that they were playing.