2011 Stanley Cup Finals - Vancouver Canucks vs. Boston Bruins

Phightins

- Yes, that was a poor play by Peverly, and I'm not praising it.

- You are completely and uttterly wrong about Shawn Thornton, and I'd bet any amount of money that the VAST majority of the NHL would disagree with you. He's not a "goon" at all, actually has skills (though they may be minimal), and plays by the "code". So, your Shawn Thornton comment is so far off base it's ridiculous.

-Yes, I agree with you about Lucic and Recchi...somewhat. Lappierre taunted Bergeron last game, and Bergeron is one of the most respected players in the league, and his teammates aren't going to take that shit. And, Claude Julien condemned those actions after that game, unlike your coach who said the hit on Horton was fine.

-Chara doesn't run people from behind, so you're wrong there. However, I will agree with you on him taking cheap shots in scrums. He does do it somewhat often.

-Tim Thomas's check was 100% legal and within the rules, so go find a rulebook if you disagree.

How did the Canucks score their only goal last night? I could have sworn Krejci was down on the ice for some reason, yet he didn't lay there like a bitch.

There, a completely unbiased post for you to cry about.

:lol:

• Like 1

How did the Canucks score their only goal last night? I could have sworn Krejci was down on the ice for some reason, yet he didn't lay there like a bitch.

I could be wrong as I haven't watched any replays on it or anything, but when I was watching it live, I thought that Krejci just caught an edge and fell on his own. I don't recall seeing any Canucks in the vicinity when Krejci went down, but I only say it out of the corner of my eye during the game last night so I could definitely be wrong.

Sucks to hear about Horton being out for the series. I caught a replay of it this morning and I did not realize just how hard his head hit the ice when he went down.

I could be wrong as I haven't watched any replays on it or anything, but when I was watching it live, I thought that Krejci just caught an edge and fell on his own. I don't recall seeing any Canucks in the vicinity when Krejci went down, but I only say it out of the corner of my eye during the game last night so I could definitely be wrong.

Sucks to hear about Horton being out for the series. I caught a replay of it this morning and I did not realize just how hard his head hit the ice when he went down.

Go to around 7:25. Hanson slashed him on the back of the leg, and after he scores you can see him talking shit to Krejci. Even Eddie and Doc mentioned it last night.

Also, I'll take Vancouver 3-1 - Luongo comes back with a strong game, goals by Kesler, Tanner Glass (lol) and Burrows into the empty net to troll Boston.

EDIT - I will say, however, that I have no idea what to expect. Boston proved me wrong and I hope that the Canucks just WIN. Please.

Edited by iBoldin

Can't believe I am rooting for a Boston team. What the hell is wrong with me?

Well, I want a good series more than anything. So that begins with the Bruins winning tonight.

These last 4 periods have completely changed any confidence I had in Vancouver. They look so.. off. We need Hamhuis back, we can't have Alberts, Salo or Rome or Ballard playing 20 a game I guess. The complete level isn't there and Boston is playing well. Maybe we just need home ice or something, but man it doesn't look good right now. I guess they couldn't play much worse, that's an upside I guess.

:lol: This series is very similar to the Chicago one. I expect Luongo to bounce back because that's what he did against Chicago. This guy needs the Cup more then anyone in this series right now.

I wouldn't be too confident. Even though Luongo only let in one goal in Game 7 against Chicago, he didn't play particularly well. He was fighting the puck a lot, gave up some terrible rebounds and looked shaky in general. The Canucks just played so well in front of him that they played the majority of the game in the Hawks zone and when they were stuck in their own zone, the defense did a great job of clearing away his rebounds and making life easy for him.

I also thought he was a bit shaky to start off the Predators series as well, but he settled in really well against the Sharks.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I think we can only hope now that he bounces back. He bounced back against Chicago and he hasn't looked back till these last two games. All the Canucks need to do is score first, something they didn't do in either of these games and they control the tempo of these games. I think they'll be fine because they've shown incredible mental resolve the entire season. They definitely need to get the Power Play in check and I think they will be OK. I think this shaping up to be the best Stanley Cup Playoffs in a long time however, all these games have been really exciting, even Game 3 for the drama.

I guess the Canucks will be playing the Bruins and the referees tonight.

Oh, hey Flash.....oh wait.

You mean the penalties that were completely obvious? It's funny how Sedin dives when he bumps his own teammate as well.

I also don't know how you can complain when the Canucks commit more uncalled interference penalties in open ice with illegal picks than any team since the lockout.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Oh, hey Flash.....oh wait.

You mean the penalties that were completely obvious? It's funny how Sedin dives when he bumps his own teammate as well.

I also don't know how you can complain when the Canucks commit more uncalled interference penalties in open ice with illegal picks than any team since the lockout.

No, I was talking about the too-many-men no call, the slash on Daniel, that crosscheck in front of the net on Burrows, etc etc. We already know that you're going to try to skew any thing towards a Boston fans perception, so there is no sense in arguing with you. All I can say is, you mad ECN?

http://i50.tinypic.com/2v0xs79.jpg

No, I was talking about the too-many-men no call, the slash on Daniel, that crosscheck in front of the net on Burrows, etc etc. We already know that you're going to try to skew any thing towards a Boston fans perception, so there is no sense in arguing with you. All I can say is, you mad ECN?

http://i50.tinypic.com/2v0xs79.jpg

The no call on the too many men call was correct as it was stated multiple times. Krejci had his skate over the bench so there was no call.

I hope you are not talking about when Seidenberg decked Burrows either because Burrows slashed Tim Thomas right before that hit.

What slash on Sedin? The one from his own teammate when he fell? The Canucks are a disgrace to hockey, and it's no wonder why they have minimal support from fans of other teams. It's pretty much just the Canadiens that are rooting for you bums.

The no call on the too many men call was correct as it was stated multiple times. Krejci had his skate over the bench so there was no call.

I hope you are not talking about when Seidenberg decked Burrows either because Burrows slashed Tim Thomas right before that hit.

What slash on Sedin? The one from his own teammate when he fell? The Canucks are a disgrace to hockey, and it's no wonder why they have minimal support from fans of other teams. It's pretty much just the Canadiens that are rooting for you bums.

You are honestly so stupid.

• Like 1

It's the truth. Name one fanbase that is cheering for the Canucks, because every other Canadian team is rooting against them. Calgary hates them, Edmonton hates them, and Toronto is rooting more for the Bruins besides bitter Leafs fans.

One fan base? Um....Canada?

Stop spewing bullshit to fit your point, honestly.

Don't fool yourself. Canada isn't rooting for the Canucks. Edmonton and Calgary are 100% opposed to them winning. The Maple Leafs are split, and only the Canadiens are in favor of them winning.

I know plenty of people from Calgary and they are all rooting for the Canucks. I was in Toronto for Game 2 and everyone on the street was wearing Canucks or Canadian jerseys and all the bars were full.

I'm lying though. Someone who is in Boston knows more about what's going on in Canada then someone who lives there.

I know plenty of people from Calgary and they are all rooting for the Canucks. I was in Toronto for Game 2 and everyone on the street was wearing Canucks or Canadian jerseys and all the bars were full.

I'm lying though. Someone who is in Boston knows more about what's going on in Canada then someone who lives there.

Calgary has a population of 1,000,000 people. The Calgary Flames have 14,000 season ticket holders, and a waiting list of over 5,000. So stop acting like you have your finger on the pulse of that city just because you have a few friends there . You don't. That is seriously the funniest thing you have ever said. ECN, me, or even some random American who doesn't know the first thing about hockey (such as Jim Rome, who has talked about this very topic) is as qualified to talk about this as you are.

But I have heard from various bloggers and reporters (whose opinions I do trust) that there is indeed a very large group of western Canadian hockey fans who want to see the Canucks lose.

Edited by Phightins

Don't fool yourself. Canada isn't rooting for the Canucks. Edmonton and Calgary are 100% opposed to them winning. The Maple Leafs are split, and only the Canadiens are in favor of them winning.

Of course Edmonton and Calgary don't want us to win, they're huge rivals. I don't like or care about Toronto, but I know a lot of people in Ottawa and Montreal want us to win anyways.

If the Canucks win one of these two next games, the Canucks are the penultimate trolls with Lapierre and Burrows skating around with the cup. And I will be as obnoxious as possible throughout the entire thing.

Some more Lapierre for you..

http://leshabitantssontmagnifique.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/0.jpg

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Gallery/Hockey/2009/04/07/habs.jpg

http://mit.zenfs.com/206/2011/06/115862322.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup2011/blog/assets_c/2011/06/lapierre-maxim-620-cp-110515-thumb-620xauto-100446.jpg

Biggest beauty in the NHL today.