General Baseball Thread

Phightins

Josh Hamilton had a decent night, I suppose.

Only went 5-5 with 4 HR's, 8 RBI's and 18 total bases.

First time a player has hit 4 homers in a game since Carlos Delgado did it back in 2003 when he was still with the Blue Jays.

EDIT: The coolest part is that all of his homers were 2 run shots with Andrus on base.

Josh Hamilton had a decent night, I suppose.

Only went 5-5 with 4 HR's, 8 RBI's and 18 total bases.

First time a player has hit 4 homers in a game since Carlos Delgado did it back in 2003 when he was still with the Blue Jays.

EDIT: The coolest part is that all of his homers were 2 run shots with Andrus on base.

Surprised you noticed, was reading your post waiting to point it out. Andrus owes him a steak dinner, not ever day you go 2-4 with 4 runs scored..

You mentioned the coolest part, how bout the most impressive part 3 of em hit to centerfield lol, and the other one, oh just right center, lol dude is incredible...

For those of you who don't know the significance, a 4 hr game is more rare than a perfect game, I think the only thing more rare in a baseball is the unassisted triple play...I could be wrong about that though, anyway great showing by Hamilton!

Edited by fish7718

He's a cocky, arrogant, little douche. I've said that for a while now.

I wasn't a big fan of Harper before based solely on hits perceived attitude problems, but he's 1,000,000,000,000 times more likable than Lawrie.

You support the team that employs Brad Marchand. Why do you care so much about whether a guy is a "douche"?

You support the team that employs Brad Marchand. Why do you care so much about whether a guy is a "douche"?

I've said Marchand can be a douche, and don't deny it. However, he isn't a cocky, arrogant, self-entitled, whiney little bitch like Lawrie.

I hope for nothing but the worst (not injuries_ for his career.

Wondering if Bill Miller or Bob Davidson will get punished. Highly doubtful, but both would deserve it. Getting sick of these cocky umpires taking over games.

Edited by Phightins

I've said Marchand can be a douche, and don't deny it. However, he isn't a cocky, arrogant, self-entitled, whiney little bitch like Lawrie.

That is priceless.

How the hell is he not cocky, arrogant or whiny? We are talking about the same Brad Marchand, right?

I don't deny that Lawrie is a hothead, cocky or arrogant (he is not self-entitled or whiny, though, unless of course one incident defines a player) because he certainly is, but it is laughable to suggest Marchand isn't any of those things you claimed he isn't, other than being self-entitled.

Ok...I just moved and we wanted to watch the Yankees...

So my Dad and I bought the YES network on Time Warner Cable (Raleigh, NC), and we get every program but the game on the YES network? Are the Yankees not on YES tonight? Lol wtf. They show you the post game show, but not the game??

Anyone know whats up? Do you not get the game even though we ordered the YES network?

Ok...I just moved and we wanted to watch the Yankees...

So my Dad and I bought the YES network on Time Warner Cable (Raleigh, NC), and we get every program but the game on the YES network? Are the Yankees not on YES tonight? Lol wtf. They show you the post game show, but not the game??

Anyone know whats up? Do you not get the game even though we ordered the YES network?

I live in South Jersey and have the same problem (although I don't pay for YES, it comes standard with my cable package for w/e reason). Get all of the programming, no games though.

MLB just sucks when it comes to these things. You have to get Extra Innings or mlb.tv if you want to watch local broadcasts of games that aren't in your market.

If your cable network didn't tell you this before you bought YES, that is really beat. I'd try getting my money back.

Wondering if Bill Miller or Bob Davidson will get punished. Highly doubtful, but both would deserve it. Getting sick of these cocky umpires taking over games.

The called third strike wasn't that high at all.

Lawrie is lucky with his suspension. He should have gotten a Raffi Torres type suspension for his actions.

The called third strike wasn't that high at all.

Lawrie is lucky with his suspension. He should have gotten a Raffi Torres type suspension for his actions.

Both pitches were pretty awful.

http://mopupduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/calls-lawrie.png