General Baseball Thread

Phightins

Late on this, but the new draft slotting system really, really sucks. Totally screwed over the Pirates (and Mark Appel). It was supposed to help with competitive balance but so far it's just made things worse. And it's making owners richer. Good job Bud!!

Edited by Phightins

Im so looking forward to that Rangers series.

Weaver is now 11-1.

The most overrated pitcher in the MLB. He's lucky he plays for the Angels, or else he'd be exposed like none other.

It's really amusing how he is absolutely nothing without the giant rock pile during the day-time. He's 3.5+ era pitcher if he doesn't have that advantage. :lol: .

http://i.imgur.com/Uw41i.png

http://i.imgur.com/8IIyQ.png

http://i.imgur.com/rVe5N.png

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Marlins offense is quite possibly the shittiest thing I have ever seen.....we left 11 men on base, we had the bases loaded with 0 outs in the 9th, and we ended up with 0 runs. We have scored 1 run in 3 games since the break, absolute shitttttt. It seems that when we give someone a big contract, they suck (aside from Buherle). Hanely sucks, Reyes sucks, Johnson sucks, Bell sucks, all thats missing is giving Stanton his pay day so he can suck too.

Yea, but this is supposed to be a good team, everyone is just being stupid and forgetting how to hit the ball. If we are not hitting home runs, we won't score a run. I have yet to see us put together an inning of hits. I switched to watch the Yankees-Angels game for 2 innings....in 2 innings I saw like 8 runs score combined and the Angels scored like 4 runs off of squeeze plays and perfect timing on stolen bases and so on.

Basically in one inning, I saw the Angels score more runs than we have scored in like the last 5 games. Its not even because the Angels have an amazing offense (even though they do), they just string hits together and know how to execute plays. Watching a Marlins game is one guy gets a hit, he steals 2nd, then three guys come up and strike out or do absolutely nothing useful to move the runner over. Ever since we gave Hanley that big contract, he sucks, and Reyes also sucks this year.

Dodgers can win World Series with 'a few moves,' Mark Walter says

Team's chairman says, 'I think that if we help them out by adding some here and there, you bet' they could win it all. He says there are no financial restrictions ahead of nonwaiver trade deadline.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-0718-dodgers-notes-20120718,0,5410603.story

Agreed. He's great defensively, he just needs to start hitting.

I'm stoked on Melky. I had expectations of him duplicating his career year last year with the Royals and maybe up his stats a bit in our lineup, but man what a year he's having.

Mike Trout is going to win multiple MVPs before he retires. Kid can do it all.

bye Ichiro

Going to weird eh?

The Yankees have acquired Ichiro Suzuki for RHPs DJ Mitchell and Danny Fahrquar, a source said. Yanks also get undisclosed cash in deal.

— Jack Curry (@JackCurryYES) July 23, 2012

I always figured he was untouchable since the Mariners are owned by Nintendo.

change of scenery changes a man without deception just moral and thoughtful feelings which increases the blood levels and stamina...........

True. Im sure he could hit a few homers in the little league park known as Yankee stadium.