General Baseball Thread

Phightins

I have no idea what to expect from this Turner guy we just got.....he got shit on in one start, then did alright in the other 2. Everyone is saying he is a great prospect, so hopefully he comes in and plays well sooner rather than later.

AWWWW. Josh Johnson had a perfect game and 8 strikeout through 4 innings and then gave up a hit..and we might be trading him soon, way to tease us man.

Its clear to me the front office is going back to this fire sale thing we always do, trading amazing players for prospects who rarely ever make it to the majors.

Edited by SRV

I have no idea what to expect from this Turner guy we just got.....he got shit on in one start, then did alright in the other 2. Everyone is saying he is a great prospect, so hopefully he comes in and plays well sooner rather than later.

I am not as high on Turner as some people are, but you guys still won this trade easily. Very strong pitching prospect in exchange for a 2 month rental SP and a utility infielder. Hell of a deal, even if Turner doesn't totally pan out.

Astros trade Chris Johnson to the D-Backs for Marc Krauss and Bobby Borchering. Decent deal for both teams but I love it for the Astros. Jeff Luhnow has only been around for a year or so, but he is already a top 3 GM in my book. He has loaded up that farm in very little time. And they will most likely have another #1 pick to play with after this season.

July 31st is always fun. Especially so when most of the action involves my team.

Also, I feel pretty bad for Giants fans. I think Pence is an awful fit there. He will drive those fans insane, even more than he did here.

Damn, looks like I missed quite a bit while I was driving down to Florida.

What a deadline for Dodger fans. Acquiring Hanley Ramirez, Shane Victorino, and Brandon League. Should give that lineup the boost they need to potentially win that division.

Meh on the Dempster to Rangers deal. I'm quite interested to see how he will end up doing in the American League though. Should make the American League West race more interesting.

The Jonathan Broxton to Reds deal really had me really scratching my head though. As of tonight the Reds bullpen is leading the majors in ERA at 2.66, but I guess it never hurts having too much of a good thing.

Jim Leyland: Miguel Cabrera should be AL MVP over Mike Trout

Detroit Tigers manager Jim Leyland is biased, but he believes Tigers third baseman Miguel Cabrera should be the AL MVP.

However, Leyland knows Cabrera will have to overcome the hype surrounding Los Angeles Angels rookie outfielder Mike Trout.

"What's going to be dangerous for Miggy, and I mean this respectfully, he could run into one of these 'Wonderboy' stories," Leyland told WXYT radio in Detroit. "Trout, he's one of the best young players I've ever seen. At the same time, when you do it over a period of time, a little bit longer, I think that should have something to say about that. That should be part of it. Although this certainly is a great story with the Trout kid. He's unbelievable.”

----------------

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2012-08-10/jim-leyland-miguel-cabrera-mike-trout-al-mvp-detroit-tigers-los-angeles-angels

Edited by Warren2ThaG

God damn this team cant field for shit tonight. Vogelsong's night is going to be a lot shorted than expected. Really wanted to take the first game of the series. :(

Since no one posted, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA Melky.

Got to wonder if they'll take his Camaro ZL1 away that he won for winning the All-Star Game MVP.

This Melky thing is so overblown IMO. Guy busted for PEDs while in the midst of a "breakout year", so the hacks like Heyman and Morosi are having a field day. As expected. I don't think the PED use is the reason for his success this year, at all.

Edited by Phightins
  • Like 1