The Random Thread

Lkr

Haha I thought for sure you were like a 14 yr old with a whinny [expletive] voice. Why use one man army over scavenger?

ECN - I wouldn't lie if I played him I'd tell you I've never played him

Lkr - your worse than Cobb you're an admitted CoD hater yet you enter this thread just to troll, good job

Man I will say offline multiplayer with friends in MW2 is fun as hell. Had a ball playing the other day. Funny part is..they probably made me better at it haha.

Guest Need4Sheed

Lkr - your worse than Cobb you're an admitted CoD hater yet you enter this thread just to troll, good job

they have secret obsessions with it

its like a fat girl they think is sexy but dont want any of their friends knowing about it.

Edited by Need4Sheed
  • Like 2

Haha I thought for sure you were like a 14 yr old with a whinny [expletive] voice. Why use one man army over scavenger?

ECN - I wouldn't lie if I played him I'd tell you I've never played him

With my ACR I just don't see the need for a secondary weapon. Plus, I don't need to run out in the open to reload on my ammo, like you would have to do with Scavenger. And thanks for the sorta-compliment on my voice haha.

Random NBA thoughts

I was going to start off with some guard problems for the Lakers, but those are plenty and obvious. So i'll start with Durant.

Durant's streak finally came to an end against the Spurs. And I was pretty much expecting it. With Pop's D and slow pace. AND on the tail end of a back to back against the fast paced phoenix? It was the perfect setup to an end.It was a good streak though. 29 games of 25+ which is close as anyone can get to that Jordan record. It's pretty amazing to see the kid score.

I mean I was watching that Thunder-Knick game, and KD was great to watch. There was one moment where I had gotten a drink and came back with them coming out of a timeout down 3 with a few seconds to go. Durant had a very distinct look. He didn't at all look like Kobe's look of confidence and arrogance before he takes the game in the last second. He didn't even look calm like Jordan would while chewing his gum before that last shot. Instead, he looked determined. What was next was a great hoist that tied the game sending it to overtime and an eventual win for the Thunder. Exciting. I hope he improves all faucets of his game over the next few years because he can be Hall of Fame material. Or not. I also doubt that he will catch up to Lebron in terms of dominance. Then I remember he's only 21.

Which brings me to a Laker, Bynum. This guy is the most polarizing guy for Laker fans. Everyone loves Kobe and respects Fisher. They even give Farmar slack because he's off the bench. But for Bynum, it's either that he's lazy and slow as hell or the guy has one hell of a post-game. Either way, he's only 22. And maybe you do or you don't realize that he will be one of the best centers in the league. He has the perfect environment to improve to do so. He had KAJ teach him alot in the post and then he has Pau to (hopefully) teach him how to pass in the post. Once he figures out the defensive parts of the game, he'll be pretty great. He'll never be as good in defensive rotations as Pau, but hey, that's okay because we actually do have Pau.

Edited by Lemon

The Weekend Chat

2-25-10

So on Saturday (2-20-10), I'm in the family room playing Rock Band drums, Snow ((Hey Oh)) by the Chili Peppers and my cousin Jake was on the computer right next to me. I'm about half way through the song and my aunt comes in swearing and yelling saying "Let's f***ing talk right now!!" and all I say is "Pfft, riiiight" while still in the middle of Snow ((Hey Oh)). Jake tells her to hang on a second until I finish the song. She tells us to call her when I finish. I'm doing a 10 song set list and have two more songs after Snow ((Hey Oh)), but when I finish the song, my cousin tells me to pause the game. He calls her down and we all discuss what's needed to be discussed. At this point, no one knows for sure if I'm moving out or not.

My cousin did most of the talking, about how I had asked for Anthony to be around for 2 weeks, then go home for a week, then come back over for 2 weeks, have him go home for a week, etc and how she wasn't even willing to do that. It was a lot of arguing and swearing going back and forth because all three of us were frustrated as hell. I then told them that April 15th will be my last rent check that I give them (2 months). I plan on moving out April 24th, one week later. Then Anthony came down and joined the talk in which Jake told him "You have three weeks to find a job, if you do not, you go home for a week. That's the consequence for this. After the week, you can come back and keep trying, repeat process" and you could tell that Anthony didn't really like that but he went with it. My aunt asked me that if Anthony were to get a job and start paying rent, would I stay. I told her no, my mind is made up and I need to do what's best for me, and at this point, my goal is to move out on my own come January 2011. Jake also told him that he needs to find a job, and fast, because he wont be able to afford a third of the rent and if it comes down to that, him and John would be moving out into John's parents house in his old bedroom.

After this whole chit chat between the four of us, everything seemed cool. Seems like everyone is on the same page now and the house has been just fine. So that's great. I just can't wait until I move out with my mom and sister, I'm seriously looking forward to that.

Sunday was awesome. I went and played basketball for about 3 hours or so. I, as a person, went undefeated the entire day, regardless of who was on my team. I think the first game was the most fun. It was a two on two. My friend and I taking on these two other guys. Playing by ones and twos going to 11. The start couldn't have gone any worse, we went down 0-5 right away and at one point, it was 1-7. We made a little come back and we could tell they were getting tired (they were both smokers). Keep in mind, this entire time, I've been playing with my Blazers hoodie/jacket on, as that's what I usually do. Well, as soon as I took it off, it was a whole new game and we ended up winning, 11-7. All of the games though, were really fun and it was something that both my friend and I needed...which is exercise, hah hah.

Tomorrow is pay day and I'll probably play basketball, I can't wait.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

Getting pissed off with the Lakers. No swagger, determination, hustle, pride, or anything with this team. They look like they go out and just think they will win by showing up. I hope they show up with a vengeance in the playoffs. Watching Cleveland blowout Boston now, reversal of the first half. Rondo played like crap, and the Celtics can't drop a bucket in the second half.

Bad Company 2 and MLB 10 come out on March 2nd. Signifies the onslaught of releases this spring. Can't wait for the 2nd, already bought both games. Bad Company 2 really looks fantastic, and the graphics look OUTSTANDING. The last game that really wowed me like this was the jesus of graphics, and that would be "Jesus 'Crysis'". Bad Company 2 will probably be the best online game until Halo Reach drops.

Just read your first post. That ish is crazy. Your aunt sounds like a bummer for a roommate. Definitely smart that you moved out. Do you have any cool friends that you would want to get an apartment with? That's what I'm trying to do right now, get a place with my friend so I can play some loud guitar too (I live in a duplex thing with neighbors right next door). I'm not sure where I'd like to move though. Right now I'm in western Massacusetts, but yo.. is Oregon cool? That's one place I've been thinking actually, Oregon, Vancouver, Minnesota, someplace cool like that. Is Portland a good city?

About having friends that I'd consider moving in with, I do, but I've already decided that I want to be on my own. I turned down Jake and John.

I love Oregon, it's a great state. It does rain a lot in the Portland/Gresham area but it's still awesome. I will always live in Oregon all my life. Plus, we have, like the 2nd highest minimum wage at like $8.40.