The Random Thread

Lkr

Is it just me that does not find any special about Bad Company 2?

probably because you don't like games that require teamwork and real objectives. you also don't like realistic style of play

Guest Need4Sheed

I'm playing the bfbc2 PC beta. patch came out today, helps improve dual core performance for intel chips, amd users are SOL if they are still on dinosaur age dual cores(basically athlon x2s).

haha you nerd

i'm gonna start callin you poindexter

• Like 3

I'm kinda just going through the motions these past couple days. I get through work enough, but most of the time my head isn't really there. I don't know what it is...and I find my self pretty much going to my friends alot more lately when it comes to certain things. Maybe it's just some kind of weird mental thing I'm going through?

Guess that's what the upcoming vacation is for. Maybe I need to just clear my mind and enjoy myself for a while.

Blog #3

So I haven't made a blog since last Sunday, the beginning of my reading week, so it is fitting that I end my 3rd last day of the break with a blog post. My friends and I took advantage of the time off to drink and chill and really do nothing. I have had mostly just reading to do over this break (which makes sense) since the assignments I have due aren't until Friday and aren't too hard, though I have started them.

Anyway, I have been watching the Olympics all week, all the time and Canada has done a pretty decent job overall, leading as of tonight with 13 Gold Medals, tied for most all time in Winter Olympics history and the most all time by a host country. Add this to maybe the story of the games in Joannie Rochette and the games that seemed to start with a whimper has ended well. This off course is before the Canada-USA Gold Medal game.

Music wise, I am currently listening to the band Name and their album Internet Killed The Audiostar, which so far, is very good. A progressive Rock album with Metal and Jazz influences. I have also been listening to Armchairpolitician, Meleeh, P.O.S., Dr. Octagon and Dance Gavin Dance. After this album I'll probably check out Cult Ritual, The Morning Benders and Fang Island but we'll see how much I get to because of homework and the game tomorrow. Part of me wants to get school started again so I am on a schedule again because being off this week has thrown me off. For example, I haven't been sleeping in at all like I would have liked, instead I have been waking up earlier which sucks.

I'll end it here for now. Not too much on right now. Cuse is killing Nova and I wonder if Syracuse will get #1 on Monday with KU and UK losing respectively. Really, I could care less because KU will be a number 1 seed and that is all that matters. Cya round the site.

Edited by BasX

Just wondering Basx, what is the appeal of death metal / screamo music to you? I've never gotten into it and quite honestly, it annoys the [expletive] out of me.

Obviously just my opinion, but I cannot stand it.

lol, the drumming and guitaring is sick brah.

Just wondering Basx, what is the appeal of death metal / screamo music to you? I've never gotten into it and quite honestly, it annoys the [expletive] out of me.

Obviously just my opinion, but I cannot stand it.

The main appeal I have is my father who to this day is a huge music fan and knows more about present day punk, hardcore, post-rock, and such than I do. I do know a fair amount of bands and I am closer to the punk aspect of this. It's tough for me to name bands because well naming them won't help you much because you won't know them. This album Name I am listening to is very technical meaning they go outside certain genre ideals to create a diverse sound that can attract different listeners. I grew up with this music, so for me it has never been that odd like other people see it.

This next comment is going to sound very weird, but it's how I see certain things. Singing is fine and good, but I have heard many bands and songs hurt by the singer, largely. Either can't hit a note or doesn't fit the bands style. This is why this genre isn't my favourite, my favourite is Post-Rock. I am going a little off topic but Post-Rock defined by last.fm is "Post-rock uses rock instrumentation but disregards typical “rock” song structure. Mostly instrumental, a typical track features quiet arpeggios around simple chord progressions that swell into rousing crescendos." I love this stuff. It is usually long and amazingly enjoyable for me. Personally I would put some of this on and drive around my city at night when few are around and it is one of the best feeling I get because I never feel as connected to music as I do with this. If i used one word to describe it, it would be chill.

I guess to answer your question, it is the fact I have grown up with it. I know I went a little off track with the Post-Rock reference but since it is developing into my favorite genre, i always love to bring it up. Albums like LD 50 by Mudvayne have made me look at a more technically side of songs. Also punk is more raw and filled with emotion and that is what I love about the genre. I love bands who are progressive and though I understand your question, I think the genres you stated, mostly Death Metal, are a little off because I like metal but death metal isn't my favourite. Screamo is also a massive sub genre that at times has been labeled different types of music.

I really jumped around here but I guess here is a main statement. It seems more raw, progressive and technical. I understand the screaming is hard to get into but bands like Alexisonfire is a good place to start.

How is the new Emancipator? I got his first album last year and it was pretty good, thought it got kind of repetitive though.

I loved it, I thought it got much stronger as the alum went on. Vines, Sirens, Hill Sighed and Nevergreen are my favorites. I need to give the first half another listen because Vines really caught my attention and made me love the album. Now, I actually just listened to his debut a few days ago because I had heard the new one first and thus my gateway to him. I think you will like it a lot and I have heard a lot of positives reviews for it, though some prefer the new one much more and others like the debut. I need a few more listens on both to find that defined technical difference, but the album is great and a must listen for not just you, but for fans of any type of music.

Listen to Of machines, the album called "as if everything was in place", they are really good.

Missed This. I am getting the album as I type this, hopefully I can give it a listen soon.

The main appeal I have is my father who to this day is a huge music fan and knows more about present day punk, hardcore, post-rock, and such than I do. I do know a fair amount of bands and I am closer to the punk aspect of this. It's tough for me to name bands because well naming them won't help you much because you won't know them. This album Name I am listening to is very technical meaning they go outside certain genre ideals to create a diverse sound that can attract different listeners. I grew up with this music, so for me it has never been that odd like other people see it.

This next comment is going to sound very weird, but it's how I see certain things. Singing is fine and good, but I have heard many bands and songs hurt by the singer, largely. Either can't hit a note or doesn't fit the bands style. This is why this genre isn't my favourite, my favourite is Post-Rock. I am going a little off topic but Post-Rock defined by last.fm is "Post-rock uses rock instrumentation but disregards typical “rock” song structure. Mostly instrumental, a typical track features quiet arpeggios around simple chord progressions that swell into rousing crescendos." I love this stuff. It is usually long and amazingly enjoyable for me. Personally I would put some of this on and drive around my city at night when few are around and it is one of the best feeling I get because I never feel as connected to music as I do with this. If i used one word to describe it, it would be chill.

I guess to answer your question, it is the fact I have grown up with it. I know I went a little off track with the Post-Rock reference but since it is developing into my favorite genre, i always love to bring it up. Albums like LD 50 by Mudvayne have made me look at a more technically side of songs. Also punk is more raw and filled with emotion and that is what I love about the genre. I love bands who are progressive and though I understand your question, I think the genres you stated, mostly Death Metal, are a little off because I like metal but death metal isn't my favourite. Screamo is also a massive sub genre that at times has been labeled different types of music.

I really jumped around here but I guess here is a main statement. It seems more raw, progressive and technical. I understand the screaming is hard to get into but bands like Alexisonfire is a good place to start.

Interesting...

Thank you for putting time into your response, Basx.

:)