The Random Thread

Lkr

2/19/10

So this is the first blog of hopefully many. I'm a first year student at FIU in Miami, FL the WOAT school in the country. I don't recommend it to anyone. First semester was garbage so this semester I made it so I only have to go to that [expletive]hole twice a week and the rest of my classes I take online. I've been with my girlfriend for just about 2 and a half years and she's leaving for Gainesville soon so it'll be a big test for our relationship. Not to sound like an arrogant douche which I'm not but right now I'm posting from the "TV Room" in my house. It has 4 recliners and 3 flat screen TV's in it. I spend just about all day in here lol.

Right now I'm watching re-runs of Las Vegas on TNT and now realize how good that show was and how its the perfect followup to a foot long subway sweet onion chicken teryaki.

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it. I'm posting from work, so this post will be somewhat short but I'll get more into it later on tonight.

I guess one of the reasons why I don't have a car, is because I don't want to pay for one and have to pay insurance. I just changed my forms at work to take more money out of my paycheck because I had to pay federal and state taxes this year.

I graduated back in 2007, went to a community college for a semester with only two classes part time while working a full time job. After the semester was over, I never registered for new classes. I do want to go back to school but right now, I don't really have time or the money (as everyone knows, the books are quite spendy).

Anyways, thanks a lot.

Not to sound like an arrogant douche which I'm not but right now I'm posting from the "TV Room" in my house. It has 4 recliners and 3 flat screen TV's in it. I spend just about all day in here lol.

Damn, I could use a room like that, lol.

Nice blog, bro

I have to say this is a great Idea for a community this size. So here's my first blog.

Music

Music is my life. Actually it isn't, but it'd be great if it is. I'm a bio major going through my 2nd year at a university in California and if life was perfect, music would be my life. I was raised with a lot of music background. For example I played piano since I was around 8, marching band one year in high school, and I'm as good as any asian dude trying to impress a lady with the guitar. Don't get my wrong though. I'm not good. I play for myself and only myself. I've never even really played for my girlfriend of 1 and a half years. I believe that music is only for myself. Maybe that's selfish but my main thought behind it is that I never wanna show off... or be embarrassed :P. What does that show? it shows that I'm very self conscious in general but also with my music. But I do really wanna learn more about music because of what it does for me every time I get into it.

Now I don't wanna sound like those stereotype douche poets, but music can get really intense with me. I'll play a single song on the piano for 2 to 3 months until i get tired of it. The first few weeks is me learning the piece, but the other months is me enjoying every section of song. At first I'll have one favorite part of the song then another time I'll have another favorite that didn't stick out to me at first. At times I won't even play the whole song, and instead I'll be playing just the harmonies (which for those who don't know, can be described as the parts that aren't the melody). This does get annoying though because I do get tired of playing a single piece over and over. And it's a shame because i've gotten tired of some of my favorite songs. It's just that there are songs that you just wanna really immerse yourself into in more than the sound. And I'm sure that alot of you guys have that feeling at times.

So here I am wishing I was more of a music person. I'm not though. I'm taking some beginner music classes to try to improve, but those are just classes on theory. What I think I really need is some actual mentor or something that can help me out person to person. That would be great, but that's also too much to ask for especially if I'm not a music major. I figure that maybe I can try to get in a class later on in my life so I'm hopeful. What I really wanna learn is some jazz improv. I'll get there.

Edited by Lemon

Cant stop thinking about the trade, we lost Landry and I loved that guy even though I dont really know him, he just was a beast out on the court and one of the players I never wanted to leave. But life goes on, ima try and get Kings-Rockets tickets, so I can have a come back landry poster, also cant wait for rockets game saturday.

Edited by Yugodamus

Damn, I could use a room like that, lol.

Nice blog, bro

LOL yea man its a real blessing to be able to have something like that in the house.

On a different note, I just coached my brothers team to another win tonight and now we're up to 4-0. He's our PG and had 6 points and 4 assists.

Not sure if you heard of this but...

http://www.nba.com/rockets/tickets/2009_Capital_One_Contest-304493-34.html

You get a voucher if you show up and sign a w9 (nothing big really) and you turn in that voucher for a pair of tickets to one of four games. The four games are against the Raptors, Kings, Nuggets and Grizzlies.

The line isn't even long if you can get there early, I went there a few weeks ago and was in and out in about 5-10 minutes. Got myself a autographed Power Dancers poster to boot.

Edited by Dash

Day 1

Figured now would be a good time to make one of these. Wonder if I'll be able to keep up with it...

I should be reading the endless number of psychology pages I have before me, but alas I am not. There's only so much I can read in one sitting...ok, so that's a lie but it gives me an excuse to procrastinate. Hoohah!

Need to seriously fix my sleeping pattern, its starting to affect me. I don't fall asleep until after 3:00 AM, and don't get up until its past noon. It'd be one thing if I was drinking/partying all night, but I'm not...solutions to this problem would be helpful. Thinking getting a job might help with that. Problem is, the economy sucks, especially so in a small town like the one I live in. What few jobs are there are already taken. I might have to start looking outside my town, and into other areas. That means commuting, but honestly, I do already for everything else I do, so doing it for work wouldn't be so bad. At least I'd be getting paid for it.

IF, I do find a job, it'd have to be part time. Between school, church/college group, friends, and...something else, I don't have a lot of time for a full time position. I suppose I could work full time, but besides the time factor, there's other reasons why I'd rather find part time work. I want to finish my degree by summer, and I can't do that if I'm working full time. Can't do that while I'm procrastinating either, but at least I can control that, somewhat.

Also, there's something else that is going to occupy my time. Haven't told you guys this yet, except for Brandon, but I'm going somewhere over the summer. Poland, to be exact. I'm going to Poland. It's not a vacation, however. Can't have a vacation if I'm not working. I'll be a part of a missionary team that's going to work in a Christian summer camp over there. I'll be teaching English, and playing sports, since it's a sport camp. I am incredibly excited about it. I need to raise money for the trip, though, so the team will be doing a ton of fund raisers to help raise the money we need. I'd figure having a part time job would really help out with some of the costs, but I also need the time to attend the fund raisers and events we'll be doing. I guess I'll figure something out. But yea, Poland 2010. WOOOO!

We have a team meeting planned for Sunday night, so we'll what happens. Need to start getting those fund raisers going pretty quick here, we need to have the money before May. I think we'll be fine, though. Between support letters and fund raisers, we should have everyone covered.

In OTR news, I'm putting out a new episode of On The Air pretty soon. Expect it by Saturday or Sunday. Sunday at the latest, for sure.

LOL yea man its a real blessing to be able to have something like that in the house.

On a different note, I just coached my brothers team to another win tonight and now we're up to 4-0. He's our PG and had 6 points and 4 assists.

Good stuff. How old and what grade is your brother in?

Good stuff. How old and what grade is your brother in?

He's 10 years old in 4th grade. Kid has serious talent and I don't just say it because he's my brother either. Offensively, I haven't seen a kid with the talent he has both passing and scoring although today was weird because our team was playing an away game on a third story roof lol. He's already throwing one handed passes and no lookers and has a great jumper from anywhere inside the 3 point line.

Update on how things are going...I'm totally hammered right now after my best friend just left we drank a bunch of 22 oz Presidentes tonight. Great way to celebrate Beasley's coming out party.

Tomorrow night I'm going to the Jay Z concert which should be awesome.

Poland? That's awesome man. I wanna go to some other country like that. You gotta try to keep up with this blog while you're in Poland (if you have internet access). Or at least take pictures and things like that. I'm always curious about places like that.

Finally Friday!

2-19-10

The great thing about my job, besides being able to slack off for almost half the day and still get my work done, and having a great boss who actually slacks off with me as well, I get paid every Friday. So of course, I look forward to Fridays, not only because I get the next two days off, but obviously because I get money in my pocket. I love it.

So the past month or so, my friend and I have been meeting up every Friday to play a nice game of one on one. It's been real nice as I obviously love playing the sport. At first, we were going to do a best of seven series, but now, we just keep track of the record. So far, it's 4-1 my lead. We play to 11 points and with us being somewhat out of shape (we're both overweight for our height, but we aren't obese or anything like that), we always play to six points and when someone gets six points, that's half time and we take a break.

Usually, he'll get to six points first and that's when he'll start feeling really confident, to the point where he becomes slightly cocky and starts taking shots he doesn't need to take, like two pointers (we play by ones and twos). That's when I pick up my game. I'm a streaky shooter. Either I'll be really on and make like 5-8 shots, or I'll shoot 1-10 and choke away the game. I like dribbling a little bit and then driving to the hoop against my defender for a layup or the foul. That's usually my bread and butter, driving in for the basket. I don't like shooting very much but lately, my shooting has gotten a bit better.

I think it was during the second or third game, the score was six to two his lead. The way we play, is whoever scores the first basket, gets to pick if it's losers or winners after each basket scored. I was the one that scored the first point and I picked winners. Well, during this game when he was up two to six, I got into my streaky self. I hit a two point shot, four to six. I drove the ball in for an easy basket, five to six. I shot another two, seven to six. I nailed a mid range jumper, eight to six. I made my last two point shot of the game making it ten to six. After that, I had trouble scoring, my shots weren't falling at all, I couldn't get a good look close to the basket as he was always there contesting very well. It got to the point where it was ten to nine. The rules we play by, is you've got to win by two points. I know you guys know what that means.

Lucky for me during that game, I was able to hit a lucky turn around fade as it danced around the rim, bouncing at least 3 times before going in. That was probably my favorite win against him, though when he won his first game, that one was super competitive as we were driving at each other really hard when clearly there were fouls on both sides but we weren't calling anything unless it was an obvious slap to the arm or something.

But yeah, that's my blog tonight. I plan on playing basketball tomorrow (assuming the weather will be nice again on my day off) and I may write another blog tomorrow, or Sunday.

Thanks,

Dr. Feelgood

2-19-2010

Got my new upper bling bling retainer [expletive]. Dentist made me mad though, I ended up waiting 25 minutes, which is something I would NEVER do for a dentist, but w/e I needed my retainer. Not much exciting today, besides I haven't took a real [expletive] in days. Its quite alarming, hopefully tomorrow brings out the beast. For my lil health thang, it kinda exploded. I literally felt like i was dying throughout the day, craving some burgerking, some nice salty dry [expletive] burger seemed soo good, but I prevailed till supper. Ate several big wompas of spaghetti n sausage. Felt nice n good for the next few hours, till my devilish hunger came back, and this time I just could not resist. I got out on the road, drove to taco bell, ordered the 89c 5 layer burrito, 2 volcano tacos, and a cheese quesadilla. I savored it soo much. It felt good eating garbage again, but it is what it is. I have a high metabolism and exercise, So i shouldn't really worry about what I eat at this point, I just don't care. I ended up not seeing that new movie shutter island, as the reviews seem to be either you love it or hate it. I may still eventually see it. On nba2k10, I simulated a season in association mode to see what the outcome was. Lebron won mvp, Lakers lost to the spurs in the semi finals, cavs played the spurs, I think the spurs ended up winning cant remember.

Just read your first post. That ish is crazy. Your aunt sounds like a bummer for a roommate. Definitely smart that you moved out. Do you have any cool friends that you would want to get an apartment with? That's what I'm trying to do right now, get a place with my friend so I can play some loud guitar too (I live in a duplex thing with neighbors right next door). I'm not sure where I'd like to move though. Right now I'm in western Massacusetts, but yo.. is Oregon cool? That's one place I've been thinking actually, Oregon, Vancouver, Minnesota, someplace cool like that. Is Portland a good city?

Lol I agree with all the people who commented on your video. The only thing that impressed me in that video was your USB's which is half luck. You hide with you sniper and what is really sad is you miss half your shots, if you used an Intervention you'd never get a kill lol. You're alright at the game but this is exactly why K/D is such a misleading stat. The best part of the video is at the end when you lose the game lmao.

Edited by Fish7718

Lol I agree with all the people who commented on your video. The only thing that impressed me in that video was your USB's which is half luck. You hide with you sniper and what is really sad is you miss half your shots, if you used an Intervention you'd never get a kill lol. You're alright at the game but this is exactly why K/D is such a misleading stat. The best part of the video is at the end when you lose the game lmao.

Where did I hide? On the rooftop where there's a 360 degree view of being shot? Hm, and what's a USB? I believe those are on computers. Face me in a cage match, right now.

2/20/10

Tonight I went to Jay Z with my girlfriend, her sister and her sister's friend. The concert was awesome. One of the best I've ever been to. Day started off pretty cool I went to go pick her up at around 11:30 and we hung out for a little before she went to a movie with my mom. So I chilled in the TV room until I had to get a carwash for the concert tonight. The rest is history I guess.