General Hockey Thread 2010-2011

Phightins

I clearly said I do not hate him, but OK, keep believing that. I think he is a good player and he is fun to watch.

I don't care for Subban, you don't care for Richards, lets leave it at that

There is nothing wrong with following Richards feelings. I hate Mikhail Grabovski because Andrei does.

There is nothing wrong with following Richards feelings. I hate Mikhail Grabovski because Andrei does.

Again, I do not hate him, but I think he has a douchey streak in him. And there are plenty of hockey fans that do not care for Mike Richards (such as Kyle, our Rangers fan) who also don't like Subban. There is no connection.

Edited by Phightins

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=552602&cmpid=pit-twt-pghpenguins

Mario, STFU. You want to see a travesty? Check out your roster and scroll down until you see "Cooke, Matt".

Need to "rethink whether you want to be a part" of the league? Give me a break.

He needs to rethink whether he wants to be a part of the league that kept his franchise afloat during the pinnacle of their mediocrity? Atta guy Mario. Whatever. Mario's always been a whiner, it doesn't surprise me that this came from him.

It is a joke at how few games Gillies and Martin got, though, at least as far as I am concerned. Gillies charges a guy, eblows him in the head, proceeds to pound on him while he is laying on the ice concussed and then has the audacity to start taunting him from the ramp, yet he only gets three more games than Tom Kostopolous did for his hit on Stuart? I may be way off base here, but I think he should've gotten at least 15 games for that absolute joke of an act that he put on.

As far as Martin, how does that sucker punch only get him 4 games? It was nearly identical to the Bertuzzi one on Moore (both players looking for revenge, both coming up from behind/beside the guy and suckering them) and he only gets 4 games? Who cares if Talbot wasn't injured or not, he definitely should've gotten a hell of a lot more than 4 games for that.

Colin Campbell and the NHL's Disciplinary Board (or whatever they are called) proving once again how incompetent they are.

Versteeg to Philly for a 1st and 3rd in the 2011 draft.

Brian Burke proving his GM brilliance yet again. :unsure:

That's a pretty big price IMO, but I am in total win-now mode with the Flyers right now so I am cool with it. Fills the only potential hole on the roster by giving Mike Richards a real weapon to play with.

Although the Flyers have had practically no top 3 round picks in the past 4 seasons, and that looks like it will continue. But Burke loves JvR and supposedly asked for him initially. I am very happy the Flyers were able to hang onto him.

Also keep in mind that the 1st round pick will be in the late 20s (hopefully 30) in a pretty weak draft.

I dig this trade more and more the more I think about it.

Yeah it's really a 2nd and a 4th IMO.

It's really not that weak of a draft either. The depth will be great for the teams picking 1-15 and there are some interesting names that are further down the list.

Edited by Universe

Yeah it's really a 2nd and a 4th IMO.

It's really not that weak of a draft either. The depth will be great for the teams picking 1-15 and there are some interesting names that are further down the list.

It is pretty top heavy, IMO. From everything I am reading, there isn't going to be much value in the second half of the 1st round/2nd round.

It is pretty top heavy, IMO. From everything I am reading, there isn't going to be much value in the second half of the 1st round/2nd round.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=36559

Just from his list alone you can see some value that will be in the second round. I think Oscar Klefbom could be a steal since he's on the same team as Brodin so he isn't really getting hyped.

I think this draft class just might take longer to make it to the NHL as even potential number one RNH coaches have even said he could use another year in the CHL so it might be too many rookies making teams this year.

They hadn't lost a game in regulation when he scores and he's only 24 with a ring...expected anything different?

I expected him to not trade a 24 year old winger with cup experience on a nice contract for what is basically a 2nd and 4th. What exactly is wrong with that?

By the sounds of it, Versteeg pretty much wanted out of Toronto, though.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=36559

Just from his list alone you can see some value that will be in the second round. I think Oscar Klefbom could be a steal since he's on the same team as Brodin so he isn't really getting hyped.

I think this draft class just might take longer to make it to the NHL as even potential number one RNH coaches have even said he could use another year in the CHL so it might be too many rookies making teams this year.

It's supposed to be a very weak draft class, and Adam Larsson will got #1 overall, with RNH having no chance whatsoever. If Hall and Seguin were in this draft, they would be one of the top three picks along with Larsson.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

It's supposed to be a very weak draft class, and Adam Larsson will got #1 overall, with RNH having no chance whatsoever. If Hall and Seguin were in this draft, they would be one of the top three picks along with Larsson.

I disagree but it's opinions.

http://futureconsiderationsdotca.wordpress.com/2010/11/18/2011-nhl-entry-draft-at-a-glance

Crazy how many teams can make the playoffs still. A team that sits in 10th could potentially be a seller.

Edited by Universe

Tomas Kaberle is now a Boston Bruin. It's about time the Bruins got a PMD, and they should be able to re-sign him. There's also more rumors about Wheeler being dealt as well.

I know it cost the Bruins their own 1st rounder, Joe Colbourne, and a conditional 2nd rounder, but I don't think it's an outrageous overpayment, especially if Kaberle re-signs which he is most likely going to do.

The Bruins just improved a lot with this trade, so it SHOULD, and will hopefully be a late 1st round pick or the last 1st round pick of the draft.......

Joe Colbourne has a lot of potential, often said to have the possibility of being a Joe Thornton-lite player, but he hasn't excelled in Providence so far, and hasn't played for the Bruins at all. And, the Bruins already have very good center depth.

The conditional 2nd I don't care too much about.

One of the best parts is, is that it looks like the Leafs are actually trying to re-build properly, and the Toronto 1st rounder this year, owned by the Boston Bruins, will only get better!

Edited by EastCoastNiner