General Hockey Thread 2010-2011

Phightins

Yeah I remember either you or Flyersfan said he wasn't injury prone before while back. The dude somehow managed to embarass himself more each day lol.

Haha, maybe it was me.

But breaking a bone in your face from taking a punch in the right spot could happen to anybody.

Ray Emery signs with Anaheim. 2-way deal so he is on waivers but it'd be a big shock if anybody claims him. If a team claims him, they need to put him directly on the NHL roster, and from everything I am reading he is nowhere close to NHL-ready.

Wouldn't put it past the Islanders though :lol:

Ray Emery signs with Anaheim. 2-way deal so he is on waivers but it'd be a big shock if anybody claims him. If a team claims him, they need to put him directly on the NHL roster, and from everything I am reading he is nowhere close to NHL-ready.

Wouldn't put it past the Islanders though :lol:

For his goalie or fighting skills?

:lol:

Awesome trade for the Leafs. I hate Francois, he is solid but nothing more and is a huge siv at times, I think Lupul is the equivalent of Francois as a forward. And it sounds like that Gardner kid is a pretty nice prospect as well (first round pick in 08). Really nice return for a solid defensemen who makes more than he is probably worth anyways (so does Lupul, though). Francois is easily replaceable.

Hopefully Lupul can stay healthy and be the player he is capable of, that would give us almost 6 top 6 forwards!! (though all of them are pretty much 2nd line caliber at best lol)

Edited by Check my Stats

And, right after I post the [expletive] [expletive] Habs get ruined. :lol: .

Well what do you expect would happen when Boston has guys like Thorntonand McQuaid going after guys like Plekanec, Hamerlik, Spacek, Pyatt and Pacioretty?

Not that I didn't absolutely love watching that, nor do the Habs really have any tough guys, but I wouldn't really brag about having the Bruins 4th line plugs beating up on Hab skill players.

Ference throwing all of those punches to Moen when he was on the ground was absolute bush league, though. That is the only thing that I really had a problem with. I could understand him doing that if somebody like Pouliot continued to throw at Krejci after KOing him or whatever, but that was just classless.

Most entertaining game I've seen in a long, long time, though. Hopefully the next meeting between these two is even half as good.

EDIT: Looks like we pretty much agree with each other after seeing your last post. That was really the only thing that I had a problem with and you seem to share the same opinion.

Edited by Built Ford Tough
  • Like 2

I understand the frustration that people may have with having Thornton, Boychuck, ect. out there at the end, but the Canadiens should know that the home team gets the last line change. If Subban didn't run his mouth, and Krecji didn't have to fight, that may have never happened.

Obviously the players the Bruins had were going to win their fights, but the results would have been the same against any of the Habs players. :lol: .

I understand the frustration that people may have with having Thornton, Boychuck, ect. out there at the end, but the Canadiens should know that the home team gets the last line change. If Subban didn't run his mouth, and Krecji didn't have to fight, that may have never happened.

Obviously the players the Bruins had were going to win their fights, but the results would have been the same against any of the Habs players. :lol: .

I agree with that, I just don't really like the move of putting out the tough guys at the end of the game when you see that the Habs have guys like Plekanec, Pac, etc... out there. If the Habs throw out guys like Moen, Wisniewski or some of the other "tougher" players on the ice I wouldn't have a problem with it (I think Moen might've been on the ice now that I think about it), but with guys like Pleks, Spacek, Hamerlik and Pyatt, I don't really see the need to throw out your tough guys.

As for Krejci "having to fight", he was the one who went after Pouliot in the first place. He was the one who went and grabbed him and dragged him away from the scrum. Both shoved each other and were both willing to drop the gloves. Its not like Pouliot is a tough guy either. He had, what, 1 fight in his career before this one? They squared off and went at it and its not like Pouliot tried to jump him from behind like McQuiad did to Pac.