General Hockey Thread 2010-2011

Phightins

Also, if Valabik plays on the Boston Bruins and not in the AHL, I hope for the Canadiens sake that they don't try and start [expletive] next meeting. :lol: .

If he's in the lineup verses the Canadiens then fighting should be the last thing your worrying about.

So basically:

Phil Kessel

Joe Colborne,

Bostons 2011 first round pick

Bostons 2012 conditional pick

for

Jared Knight

Tyler Seguin

Tomas Kaberle

Torontos 2011 first round pick

Beastly.

If he's in the lineup verses the Canadiens then fighting should be the last thing your worrying about.

So basically:

Phil Kessel

Joe Colborne,

Bostons 2011 first round pick

Bostons 2012 conditional pick

for

Jared Knight

Tyler Seguin

Tomas Kaberle

Torontos 2011 first round pick

Beastly.

I'll take that trade every day of the week. :lol: .

I'll take that trade every day of the week. :lol: .

Bruins could trade away all of their draft picks other than the Leafs one and still have a playoff team in six years.

Johnny Boychuk, Patrice Bergeron, Tyler Seguin, Milan Lucic, Nathan Horton, Brad Marchand and Tuukka Rask all under the age of 26. If they can add some defensive depth in the likes of Larsson or even Dougie Hamilton who I've seen a lot of; will be amazing.

Edited by Universe

I got home last night at around 1:30 and what do I see?

Erik Johnson, Jay McClement and a conditional 1st to the Avs for Chris Stewart, Kevin Shattenkirk and a conditional 2nd.

Definitely didn't see a trade like this going done, especially at that time of night. A fitting trade to cap off a crazy day.

As for the Kaberle deal, all I can really say is about damn time. Kabs was one of my favourite players on the Leafs for a long time, but it is about time that all of this trade drama around him has come to an end.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

http://i.imgur.com/zOFdH.jpg

:lol:

Responses:

Bob McKenzie:

Quote:

You probably thought that was a direct message Kypper. LOL.

Elliotte Friedman:

Quote:

Outstanding

Realizing he ****ed up:

Quote:

Opps!!!!! Was I thinking out loud again? My apologies to all.. I meant to say how much fun and stress free this trade deadline day is.

Then Dreger:

Quote:

Thinking??? Hmmm.

Booooooooooooooring.

Not surprising, though. With all of the trades made leading up to the deadline, I thinke verybody knew that it would be a pretty slow deadline.

Nice return for the Oilers for Penner. Teubert, a 1st and another pick (2nd or 3rd I think Mckenzie said) is a very nice return considering how much Edmonton needs defensive prospects.

I doubt we see Hemsky traded now, though. If Penner was dealt to Montreal I could've seen him being moved to LA, but with Penner going to LA I don't really see who else would give up what the Oilers want for him. Maybe Nashville with Ryan Ellis, but they already dealt their 1st rounder for Fisher. I think this trade makes Hemsky unavailable.

I only heard about the Lupul to Islander and Penner to Montreal ones.

What other fake trades have been posted on Twitter?

Those are the two big ones that went viral.

Well, the Lupul rumor was just Tim Pannaccio (Flyers writer) making a stupid joke that everybody took literally. The Penner one was a fake account.