General Baseball Thread

Phightins

A little past the half way mark headed into the 2nd half of the season I can say there are just about only 7-8 teams that are without a doubt not in cotention, or done. Meaning there are at least 20 or so teams still alive battling for 8 spots, should be a good, fun, second half of baseball.

On a much lighter/less serious note, Mike Trout is getting called up by the Angels. He will be fun.

Yes! Dude has straight tore up the minors past year and a half, can't wait both from a fan and fantasy baseball owned stand point.

Kyle...I am guessing you never played against Trout in high school (or any level), right? He had to be way past your time, I am guessing.

Still cool to see a (somewhat) local guy make it to the show.

Kyle...I am guessing you never played against Trout in high school (or any level), right? He had to be way past your time, I am guessing.

Still cool to see a (somewhat) local guy make it to the show.

Yeah, he's like 6 years younger than me.. still cool to see him in the show, though.

Edited by IllWill21

Yep. Pretty amazing how "under the radar" he is. Such an awesome career, yet he is rarely mentioned with the all time greats. A .961 OPS over 21 seasons is incredible.

Edited by Phightins

I don't think it's a joke, like as in the whole show. I think it's a joke how they ride any team from New York, Boston, or LA. But as a whole I sitll like it

They ride the successful teams, like they should. At the end of the day, it is a business. They do ride Boston a lot, but they rode Brett Farve for years, which was the most annoying thing ever.

They ride the successful teams, like they should. At the end of the day, it is a business. They do ride Boston a lot, but they rode Brett Farve for years, which was the most annoying thing ever.

Obviously, it is a business. And ESPN is a very successful one. We get that. Doesn't make it any less aggravating though.

For the record, I don't really hate ESPN. There is just so much of it that I could do without. Anybody remember SportsCenter from like, 10-15 years ago? It was great. Now they put way too much emphasis on the "entertainment" part of the name.