2011 Stanley Cup Finals - Vancouver Canucks vs. Boston Bruins

Phightins

I've honestly seen a lot more "Bruins fever" this year then "Celtics fever" in recent years. Game one of this series had better ratings in Boston than the Celtics and Lakers game one finals last season, which definitely says something.

I also read an article a week or two ago that showed the increase in NHL viewership in certain markets. I know in L.A., the increase in viewership this year was either 50%+ or 60%+, and even St. Louis had an increase over over 40%.

I really, really want to buy tickets to the game. There's a flight that leaves in four hours, and ticket prices aren't too outrageous. If I could find someone to go with, I would buy them

However, when my parents wake up and don't know where I've been all day, I'm not sure what their response would be to, "Hey....I'm actually in Vancouver and just spend $2,500". :lol: .

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, after the recent struggles in big games during the playoffs, the Boston Bruins are Stanley Cup Champions!!!!

And, I'm glad the Canucks fans weren't douche-bags at the end because I have no doubt that if the Canucks won in Boston, that the Boston fans would not have been as kind.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an embarrassment for the Canucks. How can you just not show up for game 7 in your own building? Wow.

Congrats to the Bruins though, Tim Thomas in particular. What a cool guy.

I know that now that I've been watching the post-game shows.

http://yfrog.com/khb4ajj

In no way am I saying Vancouver is the only city that would riot in a similar situation, but this isn't good.

I take this back. The rioting in Vancouver is PATHETIC right now. I've been watching some of the live footage, and it's truly embarrassing

I know this doesn't represent iBoldin, but this is just pathetic!

Anyone who has to hurt another team's fan just for the sole fact they like a different team is absolutely pathetic. The guys who hurt that Giants fan on opening day really shouldn't have another day in open society, they can't handle it.

I just got home. it's bad. I got smashed with a glass bottle and maced lollllllllll, i guess i'll feel it in the morning. Like Warren I'm drinking my sorrows in a 40 oz. fml congrats ecn

I'm watching a live feed here, and it doesn't look really good, and this is tame compared to the rest of the rioting I hear.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110615/bc_stanley_cup_riot_110615/20110615/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

There were 10 to 12 screens around rogers arena, I was at the one where the major rioting is going on, on Georgia. Honestly have never seen anything like this in my entire life

If I had a Bruins jersey on around there, I would take it off so [expletive]ing quick and run for my life. I'm not getting jumped by a bunch of punks that are fighting each other as well.

There was a retard earlier hanging from the traffic lights. :lol: .

You mean this guy?

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/61/lmfaord.png

:lol:

On a more serious note, this is just brutal. I knew that this would happen and you knew that once it got dark in Vancouver that the real morons would come out and start to cause some serious damage, but this is just ridiculous. Don't know if this is true or not but there are rumors going around that there have already been 3 deaths and a Bruin fan was stabbed in the neck.

Nothing has been confirmed, though.

Some moron just ran straight at the Riot Squad and got his ass kicked. Watching the live feed on CTV's website is just nuts.

Sadly, this is going to continue for the rest of the night for sure.