Montreal Canadiens thread

Universe

You fans, as a whole, give him so much [expletive], and you know that if Price falters at all and if Halak tears it up in St. Louis that Price will never hear the end of it.

It's not fair to him, even though he acts like a baby sometimes.

You fans? It's people who pay big bucks at hockey games to watch their team and they have the right to boo whenever. Price gets the same treatment every goalie has gotten in Montreal yet others have turned into HOF so it's not impossible.

If Halak tears it up in St. Louis and Price along with Tomas falters, then it is bad news.

Speaking of acting like a baby...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUVGz0MVyKI

:lol:

Big win last night. We fell to 3-1 in the second off a softy and still managed to come back and win so hopefully they can play with that heart all season long.

With Andrei actually playing well, we just need to find a top six to go along with Gomez and Gionta and it'll be a delightful team to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

O'Byrne has been traded to Colorado for Michaël Bournival.

I'm a fan of Ryan so I don't like this trade as he's a big defensemen who can actually skate but I guess Bournival has a high chance of making the Junior team. Plus he's a Quebecer and it allows a Quebecer in Picard to stay with the team.

Carey Price is very good....

He's played that good his entire career so hopefully this means he's finally entered the NHL I hope. Bobs looks pretty good too.

As for the game, gotta love them like this. Nice easy wins that boost confidence huge for Carey are great without our best player. You either sulk or win and they decided to win.

Another great defensive game with the shutout.

They played the Richards tape talking about PK Subban and all I heard was whinning. Some people should just not talk after losses because it just makes them look stupid. Sure PK is cocky and he's not suddenly changed his personality entering the league.

He has a classy response to Richards comments then gets blasted by Don Cherry, the ultimate Hab hater.

Another great defensive game with the shutout.

They played the Richards tape talking about PK Subban and all I heard was whinning. Some people should just not talk after losses because it just makes them look stupid. Sure PK is cocky and he's not suddenly changed his personality entering the league.

He has a classy response to Richards comments then gets blasted by Don Cherry, the ultimate Hab hater.

The thing is, Mike Richards NEVER talks. For an NHL captain, he is super quiet. The local writers complain about it all the time because he never gives them any juicy quotes. So when he says something as intense as what he said about Subban, it kind of comes out of left field and has a bit of an impact...just IMO.

And considering Subban had Richards and Giroux, two of the most chill guys in the game, as riled up as he did, something tells me Subban was a bit out of line. We will never know what was said on the ice though, so whatever.

One thing is for certain though...Monday night is going to be AWESOME!!! I can't wait.

Edited by Phightins

The thing is, Mike Richards NEVER talks. For an NHL captain, he is super quiet. The local writers complain about it all the time because he never gives them any juicy quotes. So when he says something as intense as what he said about Subban, it kind of comes out of left field and has a bit of an impact...just IMO.

And considering Subban had Richards and Giroux, two of the most chill guys in the game, as riled up as he did, something tells me Subban was a bit out of line. We will never know what was said on the ice though, so whatever.

One thing is for certain though...Monday night is going to be AWESOME!!! I can't wait.

It's called trash talking. Nobody likes it when your losing hense why he went out and made some stupid comments which is exactly the reason he runs his mouth in the first place.

Predicting an injury to a player because he is confident in his game is a huge low blow but like you said, we will never know what he actually said.

It's called trash talking. Nobody likes it when your losing hense why he went out and made some stupid comments which is exactly the reason he runs his mouth in the first place.

Predicting an injury to a player because he is confident in his game is a huge low blow but like you said, we will never know what he actually said.

Well, they deal with trash talking 82 games a season. Subban clearly did something outside of the norm or Richards would not have said anything. As I was saying, Mike Richards is very calculated when it comes to the media. He absolutely thought out what he said before he said it. Despite what Canadiens fans think of him, he does not really whine and he is not a [expletive]. If you'd like to think that, feel free, you have good reason to if this is your only sample of Mike Richards' dealings with the media. I'm just saying, I don't think he was whining just for the hell of it. He's smarter than that.

And I would be shocked if Richards and Subban do not throw down within the first three minutes on Monday.

Edited by Phightins

Well, they deal with trash talking 82 games a season. Subban clearly did something outside of the norm or Richards would not have said anything. As I was saying, Mike Richards is very calculated when it comes to the media. He absolutely thought out what he said before he said it. Despite what Canadiens fans think of him, he does not really whine and he is not a [expletive]. If you'd like to think that, feel free, you have good reason to if this is your only sample of Mike Richards' dealings with the media. I'm just saying, I don't think he was whining just for the hell of it. He's smarter than that.

And I would be shocked if Richards and Subban do not throw down within the first three minutes on Monday.

Your speaking like you know the situation more than it is and you don't either. The smarter play on Richards end would have kept his mouth shut because 1) He said he did the same thing. Elias told him off and he went back to earth. Elias never had to make it public. 2) When you are captain of a team with Dan Carcillio, you shouldn't talk about respecting others in the league. 3) It happened on the ice.

Anyways it's done but unlike you, I don't see a very exciting game Monday as Montreal has zero fighters and the risk of injury is too high for this thin roster but we shall see!

Your speaking like you know the situation more than it is and you don't either. The smarter play on Richards end would have kept his mouth shut because 1) He said he did the same thing. Elias told him off and he went back to earth. Elias never had to make it public. 2) When you are captain of a team with Dan Carcillio, you shouldn't talk about respecting others in the league. 3) It happened on the ice.

Anyways it's done but unlike you, I don't see a very exciting game Monday as Montreal has zero fighters and the risk of injury is too high for this thin roster but we shall see!

I never claimed to know this situation, but I do feel like I have a pretty good grasp of Mike Richards having followed him very closely for the past 7 or 8 years. And this is coming from somebody who has been very critical of him in the past (particularly last season).

And Flyers-Canadiens is always fun.

Edited by Phightins

I never claimed to know this situation, but I do feel like I have a pretty good grasp of Mike Richards having followed him very closely for the past 7 or 8 years. And this is coming from somebody who has been very critical of him in the past (particularly last season).

And Flyers-Canadiens is always fun.

Subban clearly did something outside of the norm or Richards would not have said anything.

100% fact.

100% fact.

I also stated that I (we) have no idea what was said on the ice, and never will. Just seemed pretty clear that Subban was out of line based on the reactions. But I don't plan on taking off my orange shaded glasses, and I doubt you will be taking off your red and blue glasses, so we just need to agree to disagree on this one. I don't care for Subban, you don't care for Richards, lets leave it at that and enjoy what is quietly turning into a pretty fantastic rivalry on Monday night (and look for me on TV!!).

Edited by Phightins

I also stated that I (we) have no idea what was said on the ice, and never will. Just seemed pretty clear that Subban was out of line based on the reactions. But I don't plan on taking off my orange shaded glasses, and I doubt you will be taking off your red and blue glasses, so we just need to agree to disagree on this one. I don't care for Subban, you don't care for Richards, lets leave it at that and enjoy what is quietly turning into a pretty fantastic rivalry on Monday night (and look for me on TV!!).

I actually like Richards and really have nothing against him. He just made a stupid statement but it doesn't take anything away from his game.

You seem like a Flyers fanboy which is fine too but rather than worrying about jersey colours, just take in the excitment...especailly PK.

Lol....trust me I am nowhere close to a Flyers fanboy. Come down to a game here sometime and see what a real Flyers fanboy is. I've got nothing on any of those guys. It's pretty embarrassing TBH.

Edited by Phightins