Montreal Canadiens thread

Universe

• 2 weeks later...

Young guys hit the ice today for the first time...well for some. Looking forward to seeing Avtsin hopefully in Hamilton. If he is willing to stay there for a year rather than fleeing back to Russia, he could easily make the Habs, maybe even this year.

PG also announced Bergeron (thank jesus), Moore (no!), and Metro won't be resigned. I think it's assumed Mara won't either which is a shame because he lost the numbers game here but is a great bottom pairing on defense.

Lars Eller is grown to 6'2 which is a good thing for this small team. Sucks that our first and second line centers are locked up for so long. Would have been nice to clean house and go with the youth but it's Montreal...so that'll never happen.

Ian had a quote that got me pumped:

“I won’t be upset if I’m sent to (AHL) Hamilton, but I’m coming to training camp with the idea of showing people I can play in the NHL,” Schultz said. “If I go to Hamilton, I’ll work hard and hope that I get called up for a few games.”

He could easily make the fourth line on a properly built team but he will be thrown around too much and might not even get out of the AHL this year. It would be nice to give the kids a better chance than having them all third and fourth yet crushing them when they can't have sucsess on the top lines. Greg Stewert is the perfect bottom four guy along with Kyle Chipcura but they are gone because they need to win win win rather than grow. Max, Ryan and others are prime examples of that happening currently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rumors are that Eller might move to the wing which is smart. He either gets to play with Gionta and Gomez or with Cammy which gives him plenty of offensive chances. This then allows a future for him because Leblanc will get a spot with Hamilton next year and could be competing for a roster spot right away since he's french.