Montreal Canadiens thread

Universe

Are all Montreal fans this dense? Milan Lucic has fought many heavyweight fighters, but had no reason to fight Georges. There's no reason for Lucic to take himself off the ice with Laraque.

It's completely different when two quality players have the opportunity to fight. I guess my question was rhetorical considering the answer is pretty obvious.

Also, please show me in my post where I mentioned that I hope the Bruins beat up the Habs on Thursday? I'll take a win, especially in the playoffs. I'll take four straight wins.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Stopped reading after that.

It is when it's true. You can come move up here though and we can ride together to the Bell Centre in our matching PK Subban jerseys....or would that be too disrespectful?

I would love to attend a game at Bell Centre. I hear it's an awesome atmosphere. Sometime in the next few years. I'll let you know.

I would love to attend a game at Bell Centre. I hear it's an awesome atmosphere. Sometime in the next few years. I'll let you know.

Sounds good. Canadiens play in Buffalo soon so you should come up at least for that. Always great to have tons of Canadiens fans at the game.

Sounds good. Canadiens play in Buffalo soon so you should come up at least for that. Always great to have tons of Canadiens fans at the game.

OK. I will be supporting the Canadiens in that game. Don't want Buffalo in the playoffs! You buying my jersey?

Least it's my grammar that makes me look like the tool.

Nah, you look like a tool for calling people stupid when they disagree with you. Childish.

But really, I am just looking out for you homie. It looks pretty tacky when you say "your an idiot". Step your game up! Trolling 101.

Nah, you look like a tool for calling people stupid when they disagree with you. Childish.

But really, I am just looking out for you homie. It looks pretty tacky when you say "your an idiot". Step your game up! Trolling 101.

So speaking the truth is toolish?

And I don't need you to watch out for me on a message board but thanks for the advice.

So speaking the truth is toolish?

And I don't need you to watch out for me on a message board but thanks for the advice.

OK, don't worry, the previous post was 100% sarcastic.

OK, don't worry, the previous post was 100% sarcastic.

A guy who posts a Carey Price gif in a thread about a Canadiens player getting injured isn't stupid?

A guy who consistantly talks shit about the Canadiens and calls them smurfs isn't stupid?

A guy who constantly is in the Montreal thread posting nothing about hockey isn't stupid?

:lol:

Koivu to Anaheim...

This isn't Canadiens related, but what are your thoughts on Patrice Cormier?

Haha, from what I have seen dirty is an understatement. I was talking to one of my friends who lives in Canada who said that everybody up there was puzzled when he was named captain of team Canada and not many people like him.

Yeah, I will hate the guy if he ever amounts to anything with the Devils. But yeah I was reading he didn't have much of a dirty reputation until recently, but still those elbows were about as bad as I have seen.

I heard Bob Gainey is stepping down as GM.

Subban looks like a keeper.

Your boy PK is getting called up for tonight's game.

Well, teams knew that at the deadline too, and that didn't stop them from demanding a top-6 forward. Honestly, there are not many very super-promising young goaltenders out there, yet there is a huge demand for them (the Flyers are a nice example). The Canadiens happen to have two of them, so they control the market for sure. I really think they will get what they want for one of those guys.

Ian Schultz is the younger brother of Jeff Schultz from the Capitals, FYI.

And Gionta will be the captain!

Go Canadiens. An 0-2 Penguins start would be fantastic.

BTW...I didn't think Halak looked good at all last night. Not that it means anything.

Carey Price is very good....

Not sure about this incident you are speaking of, but Dreger is one of the best. Maybe the best.

Markov done for year :o

And the Canadiens get James Wisniewski for a bag of pucks. What a steal. IslanderFail

Lmao, Carey Price's Heritage Classic mask:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nhl_experts__88/ept_sports_nhl_experts-490665532-1298138517.jpg?ymWmZlED1HCFZdfK

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Carey-Price-s-creepy-Jacques-Plante-Heritage-Cla?urn=nhl-323748&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I have never contributed anything of substance to this thread and I hate the Canadiens so much...

I have never contributed anything of substance to this thread and I hate the Canadiens so much...

Out of 490 posts.....congrats!

Do you want an award?

Edit: Four weren't even about the Canadiens and one was rooting for an easier opponent for the Flyers lol.

Edited by Universe

Anyway back to hockey.

Cammelleri-Gomez-Gionta

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Latendresse-Lapierre-D'Agostini

Laraque-Metropolit-Stewart

Markov-Spacek

Gorges-Hamrlik

Gill-O'Byrne

Price

Halak

In line: Weber, Subban, Chipchura, Maxwell, Pacioretty.

It's funny that everyone but O'Byrne (Montreal would not have traded him away if they would have waited one month lol) is still here from the defense but only Pacioretty, Kostitsyn, Cammelleri, Gomez, Plekanec and Gionta are here from the forwards.

Edited by Universe

Our top prospect got hammered, lost his shoe in the middle of winter and got severe frostbite and now is out for the rest of the season.

This is by far one of the most injury prone seasons. We have at least 20 players in our system that are facing injuries and most likely more.

Yeah the past two games they've played the exact same way. First two games goaless drought since 2007 but at least we finish off the series against the Bruins winning the season series 4-2.

Hopefully we can lose enough to get the Caps even though they've been on a tear.