The Random Thread

Lkr

• Owner

OK i've never posted stuff about girls,,, ever I think, but I need some help here

I started talking to this girl like 3 weeks ago ish, and we hit it off way quickly. Anyway, long story short I like her, she likes me. Butttt right now she's going through some tough shit with like family and stuff like that. She says she doesn't want a relationship right now, but idk if that means she wants to wait a little or what? She said just let it happen or something along those lines

Along with the family stuff, obviously I'm leaving this state in about 3 months to go to college... about 12 hours away, more or less. I plan on visiting a lot, but like idk I kinda want this to be just like a summer fling, but it's tough because she wants to wait and shit.

Soooo idk what to do. Hopefully not too many of you guys are dicks. Advice?

[insert random show off baseball card collection joke here]

Show off your baseball cards.

Then, just make the decision to be friends. You don't want to be in a long distance relationship, 12 hours away, especially when you're away at college. I was in one, same situation and nearly the same distance (from Coffeyville to Albuquerque), and it didn't work. I got to the point where I actually moved to Albu just to make her happy, then we left for California for 2-3 months. At the end of the day, it was the worst relationship I've ever been in, despite it being the second-longest (two years). Ended badly, and when I look back on it, nothing I did was worth it.

I know people will say it can work, but unless they are now married AND met up with them while in college, long distance, they have no idea and no ground to stand on. Once you leave, you'll be calling her all the time, she'll be expecting it, and eventually, she'll start keeping tabs on you. If you miss a call, or two, she'll be suspicious because you're in college, she's not there, and that's life. On the other hand, you'll do the same, even if you don't think you will, and it may be because she feels that way about you. Because you are 12 hours away, you can't jump in the car and drive to make sure things are cool, so your jealousy and/or suspicious (or hers) will eat at you the entire week, or two, or however long. Fighting over the phone means it's much more difficult to make up with each other. Everything is ten times harder.

Maybe there's a chance later on, if you're really, really into her. You don't want to ruin it now, though. Being away, you can't really get too deep into the friends zone...so that can be avoided. Who knows what will happen in 2-3 years? However, it's easy to see what MAY happen if you dive into a relationship now, then leave three months into it, right before you lock her up (could be less time, if she's wanting to wait a bit). I just wouldn't swing for the fences in that situation.

• Like 2

long distances suck man they never ever work out. plus you will be in college you have no chance and its not like you have been together for years so you dont really know how much she is into you and there are plenty of babes in college man, plenty.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I don't want a long distance relationship, but what about like from now to when I leave? Should I wait to see how things play out? That's what she wants me to do, but like I said a Summer fling can only last so long, and if it's getting a late start? Not ideal.

Thanks for the help btw guys

I'm basically repeating what Real said but...

If you want to see where you could go in a relationship with her/have sex then go for it, but if you like her enough to go deeper (long term relationship etc) then keep her as a friend and stash her away for a while.

So [expletive]ing mad at myself right now. Went to a party and put my 64 GB iPod Touch on a sound dock. It cost around 400 dollars and its not even a year old. Well, I blackout and I wake up the next morning and obviously someone stole it because the person who had the party looked all over the house and he couldn't find it. I can't remember the last time I've been so mad at myself.

OK i've never posted stuff about girls,,, ever I think, but I need some help here

I started talking to this girl like 3 weeks ago ish, and we hit it off way quickly. Anyway, long story short I like her, she likes me. Butttt right now she's going through some tough shit with like family and stuff like that. She says she doesn't want a relationship right now, but idk if that means she wants to wait a little or what? She said just let it happen or something along those lines

Along with the family stuff, obviously I'm leaving this state in about 3 months to go to college... about 12 hours away, more or less. I plan on visiting a lot, but like idk I kinda want this to be just like a summer fling, but it's tough because she wants to wait and shit.

Soooo idk what to do. Hopefully not too many of you guys are dicks. Advice?

[insert random show off baseball card collection joke here]

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN. Family problems make everything worse for everyone. Seriously. I went through a relationship and my girlfriend had CRAZY family problems and it messed everything up. Plus a long-distance relationship sucks. I was only an hour away, but 12 hours... there's no point.

Plus, dude you're going to college. You DO NOT want to have a girlfriend in your 1st year of college. It would ruin the experience honestly.

So [expletive]ing mad at myself right now. Went to a party and put my 64 GB iPod Touch on a sound dock. It cost around 400 dollars and its not even a year old. Well, I blackout and I wake up the next morning and obviously someone stole it because the person who had the party looked all over the house and he couldn't find it. I can't remember the last time I've been so mad at myself.

Damn, rookie mistake.

• Owner

Last night, my brother and his girlfriend drove to Tulsa, OK to pick up a set of tires for $400. He got there, and a guy and his three buddies were waiting. They asked him if he had brought tires to replace the ones he's giving my bro...which wasn't anything this bitch stated on the phone. My brother told him that he didn't, and this guy asked him for $20 to drive to Claremore (which is about 30 minutes from Tulsa) so he could be at his place and have tires to put back on his car.

My bro gets there, and there are 10 guys waiting. This dude proceeds to tell my brother that he needs a lift kit before he puts the other tires on his car, and that he needs to buy one tomorrow (today). My brother had already given him the $400, and he told him he's not leaving Claremore without something, so this dude gives my brother three of these big ass 22" tires and tells him to come back today.

Not going to happen that way today, though. I'll be there, and we're going in about 5-6 hours, so I'm already in that mode. If I have to drive all the way to Tulsa, I'm getting $400, or I'm getting the tires my bro supposedly paid for.

• Like 3

http://thedancingcrab.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/attack-of-the-crab-monsters-300x237.jpg

WE ARE THE CRABS...THE MONSTER CRABS....

Edited by Nitro

I just realized that the along with having Jordan's number retired, the Heat also retired Dan Marino's #..I was wondering why his jersey was hanging in the arena, but I guess it has been retired for a while now.

Just got a cavity filled... first since I was like 6 or 7....Novocain is such a weird feeling. It's finally starting to wear off! Time to hit the golf course mayne!

Just got a cavity filled... first since I was like 6 or 7....Novocain is such a weird feeling. It's finally starting to wear off! Time to hit the golf course mayne!

It's the shitttttt when I had one filled last year my whole chin was numb and it was such a cool feeling