The Random Thread

Lkr

Dont do it bro, your better off taking friday, saturday, and sunday off. You will be hammered with hw the two days you have off and you will literally have no life the other two days. You are better off having half days for 4 days and then 3 straight days off.

See I don't get how your schedule works. In my school its typically the same classes on Mon, Wed, Fri and then Tues and Thursday are also the same classes, with the longer classes being any day of the week. If you have like a 50 minute class then its Mon, Wed, Fri and an hour or longer is Tuesday and Thursday.

In between reading your suggestions a few hours ago and just now, a class I was looking at opened up. [expletive] yeah!

http://i52.tinypic.com/2qvfcj8.png

ASTR = The Physical Universe

ENGL = english, obviously ha

MIS = a Business Math class

JOUR = News in Digital Age

And my math 112 class is half online. How's that looking? Getting rid of History allows later wake ups on monday and wednesday, more time off on fridays, and spreads everything out a lot more

In between reading your suggestions a few hours ago and just now, a class I was looking at opened up. [expletive] yeah!

http://i52.tinypic.com/2qvfcj8.png

ASTR = The Physical Universe

ENGL = english, obviously ha

MIS = a Business Math class

JOUR = News in Digital Age

And my math 112 class is half online. How's that looking? Getting rid of History allows later wake ups on monday and wednesday, more time off on fridays, and spreads everything out a lot more

Pretty good....you don't start too early and you get out really early on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Also, if your Astronomy class is a huge class, chances are everything is posted online and you can skip class. All I ever do in huge classes is a lecture that comes straight off the book or online powerpoint.

Edited by SRV

@ trutrojan - not a bad schedule at all.

Mine was 8:00-1:00 pm for Tuesdays and Thursdays only. Bad idea because I had to wake up at like 6:30 (like in high school) and I was usually tired as [expletive] since I study late. Think I'll have the same schedule this year except push the first class back till like 9 or 10.

Have you guys figured out your majors yet?

@ trutrojan - not a bad schedule at all.

Mine was 8:00-1:00 pm for Tuesdays and Thursdays only. Bad idea because I had to wake up at like 6:30 (like in high school) and I was usually tired as [expletive] since I study late. Think I'll have the same schedule this year except push the first class back till like 9 or 10.

Have you guys figured out your majors yet?

Thanks! Right now it's pre-business since you can't choose a business major til your Junior/Senior years (is it like that anywhere else?)

But once I can choose, it'll be marketing, with a certificate in sports administration

I'm an incoming freshman and we were strongly encouraged to choose our major before signing up for classes.

Well yea, you can choose the path for a major, but you can't actually declare for it until junior year. Like I want to be a Psychology major, but I have to complete the required courses before I actually get into the major.

I'm pretty happy with my schedule for next year. Didn't get a chance to avoid Friday classes, but I have three Monday, Wednesday, and Friday classes starting at 9:10 and ending at 12:15 and I have two Tuesday and Thursday classes starting at 9:30 and ending at 12:30.

Well yea, you can choose the path for a major, but you can't actually declare for it until junior year. Like I want to be a Psychology major, but I have to complete the required courses before I actually get into the major.

Maybe for FIU, I was taking Sport Management courses for the major my first semester...

See I don't get how your schedule works. In my school its typically the same classes on Mon, Wed, Fri and then Tues and Thursday are also the same classes, with the longer classes being any day of the week. If you have like a 50 minute class then its Mon, Wed, Fri and an hour or longer is Tuesday and Thursday.

It used to be like that at my school, but now we have

Monday-Thursday - 70 minutes

Tuesday-Friday - 70 minutes

Wednesday - 3 hour courses

...strange they changed it after my sophomore year...

Good to see 400+ posts tonight but with the draft over there is literally nothing to post about until the lockout is resolved, which could take months. Ugh.

My mom's a Groupon queen and got a 3 month membership to Premier Fitness (awesome gym in Canada) for $39. It's regular $55/month for a membership, but I'm getting it for $13 a month, plus I get 2 free 'boxing for fitness' classes ($45/class usually) and 4 free personal training classes ($25/session usually)

• Like 1

My mom's a Groupon queen and got a 3 month membership to Premier Fitness (awesome gym in Canada) for $39. It's regular $55/month for a membership, but I'm getting it for $13 a month, plus I get 2 free 'boxing for fitness' classes ($45/class usually) and 4 free personal training classes ($25/session usually)

If gyms weren't so expensive I'd totally work out more. I'm way excited for August because U of A has a siiiick ass rec center that's like included with tuition

My inability to speak spanish is so bad lol...I understand it, but whenever my grandparents ask me a question that requires me to speak more than 3 words, I struggle so much. Like they asked me how long it would take to get into Physical Therapy, and I sat there like an idiot trying to think of what to say.