The Random Thread

Lkr

So last night (or rather early this morning, 9-20-11) at 2AM in the morning, a drunk female driver, who apparently fell asleep behind the wheel, smashed through my apartments small wooden fence and into a tree, pulling the tree right from the ground, roots and everything. The car didn't hit the apartment building before it stopped but it was about 3-4 feet from going through. It was also about 7-8 feet from my BEDROOM. The driver smashed through the fence almost directly next to my bedroom window and then hit a bunch of bushes and a tree. I woke up trying to figure out if it was the TV (I have the timer going on my TV and fall asleep to my TV so when I wake up, the TV is off) or if it was apart of a very realistic dream...when I figured out it was neither, I looked out my window to find my cousin (who is also my roommate) running out to see if the lady is alright.

I hurry and get dressed and run outside to see what has happened. My cousin is trying to talk with the lady, who said she was alright. She said she had just gotten back from vacation and was running errands...? At 2AM in the morning? The only places open 24 hours is Wal-Mart, a Shari's restaurant, a Winco Foods, and McDonalds drive-thru, so I'm not sure what she was doing driving. The cops and an ambulance were called by an upstairs neighbor. I now had 3 cop cars, an ambulance, and a fire truck outside my bedroom window. After the lady refused medical attention, the ambulance and fire truck both left as did a police car. Then a tow truck was called...though he had to call for back up, so I had TWO tow trucks, literally right outside my bedroom window. And god bless them, they were trying to be so very quite as to not wake anyone else up.... and so us working people could also get back to sleep..... :rolleyes:

The cop gave the woman a sobriety test and she failed...badly. I watched as she stumbled around, trying to keep her balance. I couldn't hear anything being said but I could safely assume she was drunk. I wasn't able to get back to sleep until about 3:30-3:45AM and I normally get up at 6AM to get ready for work. So now I'm at work, feeling like shit, wishing today would be over with already so I can get some more sleep. I just have a feeling it's going to be a loooong day today. :-/

Edited by Dr. Feelgood