General Hockey Thread 2011-2012

Built Ford Tough

There was one just now to get the Canucks a PP.

I'm guessing you are talkng about the Del Zotto penalty?

If so, I don't really think Hansen dove there. He went to split the D as Del Zotto went to deliever a hit. and DZ's skate hit his.

Maybe a little embelishment on Hansen's part, but that was a valid penalty and I wouldn't call it a dive.

I'm not paying much attention to the game as I have it on but am studying for a mid term, so I could be wrong.

No, it was the boarding penalty on Prust (thought the same about the Del Zotto penalty as you.. a touch soft, but a penalty).

Ahh, I missed that one.

I probably shouldn't have assumed you were talking about the Del Zotto one simply because of the timing of your post.

Lundqvist was brilliant tonight. He played a great game, but the Rangers defense deserves a lot of credit too. They did an excellent job of blocking shots (something like 20 for the game), getting in the passing lanes and clearing the front of the net so that Lundqvist could see everything. The times that the Rangers defense was a bit suspect, Lundqvist bailed him out because, well, that is what he does.

McDonagh had an awesome game as well, or at least 3rd period, from what I saw. His goal was an impressive shot and the play he made to set up Gaborik for the 4th goal was very nice as well. Granted it was only 1 period, but he looks like he is really benefitting from Staal's absence.

Pretty hard to believe that they trade Scott [expletive]ing Gomez for him. :lol:

Ahh, I missed that one.

I probably shouldn't have assumed you were talking about the Del Zotto one simply because of the timing of your post.

Lundqvist was brilliant tonight. He played a great game, but the Rangers defense deserves a lot of credit too. They did an excellent job of blocking shots (something like 20 for the game), getting in the passing lanes and clearing the front of the net so that Lundqvist could see everything. The times that the Rangers defense was a bit suspect, Lundqvist bailed him out because, well, that is what he does.

McDonagh had an awesome game as well, or at least 3rd period, from what I saw. His goal was an impressive shot and the play he made to set up Gaborik for the 4th goal was very nice as well. Granted it was only 1 period, but he looks like he is really benefitting from Staal's absence.

Pretty hard to believe that they trade Scott [expletive]ing Gomez for him. :lol:

Sadly, I'd do that trade over again in a heart beat. He's a huge bum on the ice but what he brought in was some of the most exciting hockey I've seen in years from the Canadiens.

Lundqvist was a beast last night. If Rangers can play that well defensively the entire year, they will be golden.

I didn't watch the game last night, but from everything I've heard that Canucks were pretty much raping the Rangers offensively, and Lundqvist played like a beast, and Luongo shit the bed.

I saw the shot totals, and it was something like 30+ to 13?

Luongo played decently, it was turnovers and just the Canucks playing like shit generally. You can see they're still a top three team in the NHL because they have these stretches of dominance but they respond by letting in a weak goal or letting down defensively.

I didn't watch the game last night, but from everything I've heard that Canucks were pretty much raping the Rangers offensively, and Lundqvist played like a beast, and Luongo shit the bed.

I saw the shot totals, and it was something like 30+ to 13?

The Rangers continued their new hobby of spending 20+ minutes (31) in the penalty box. Led to a bunch of the shots, though that's not automatic.. Rangers had 1 SOG after 2 PPs last night, iirc.

Canucks have the ability to dominate offensively, and that was evident. Lundqvist was just too good last night, and the defense played really, really well. Rangers finally stopped playing dump and forecheck in the 3rd and got a couple really good chances in front, and converted them. I think I can count on one hand the number of times the Rangers carried the puck over the blue line in the first two periods combined.

Was disappointed in Bieksa taking a run at Dubinsky down by 4 in the final couple minutes, too.

You can take as many penalties as you want tomorrow night i promise it won't matter one bit.

Leafs PP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bruins PP.

I know you weren't comparing them, but the Bruins PP is still pathetic. They get more movement than they used to, but it still blows.

Time to mess up Komisuckit, and rough up Kessel. Oh, and the Bruins could use a win as well.

What is the rule with players optioned to the minors? I know Avery was waived/optioned/whatever, does that mean he's eligible to be called back up at some point?

I know that bridges are most likely burned, and it won't happen.. but keeping Christensen over him has driven me crazy so far this season.

What is the rule with players optioned to the minors? I know Avery was waived/optioned/whatever, does that mean he's eligible to be called back up at some point?

I know that bridges are most likely burned, and it won't happen.. but keeping Christensen over him has driven me crazy so far this season.

Yeah, he can be called back up at some point during the year.

The Bruins better not suck tonight. I'm really hoping Lucic steps up and has a great game tonight. He's been getting some heat from fans that used to ride his nuts. People can't expect him to be a 25-30 goal scorer, while fighting 10-15 times a season, and being one of the elite hitters in the NHL. That is just a completely unrealistic expectation. I would like to see Lucic be a little more physical along with Horton, and start producing. I'm not hitting the panic button yet because it hasn't even been ten games into the season, but this team needs to step up, especially their better players.

I know Lucic and Horton can step it up and produce, so I'm not going to talk negatively about them, but they need to turn it around soon.

I am expecting the Bruins to play a physical game tonight, and I'm expecting some fights. Maybe Horton taking on Phaneuf again, as long as Phaneuf doesn't act like a [expletive] and keep his visor on again. Does he still wear a visor? Also, I would like to see Lucic and Komisuckit go at it as well.

Hopefully Kessel doesn't do any damage tonight as well.