General Hockey Thread 2011-2012

Built Ford Tough

There was never actually a deal (and for good reason, that is awful for the Jackets). It was just a rumour and people ran with it after the Jackets/Blues trade of Russell for Nikitin, which is true.

I am aware. It was just odd to see Wyshynski re-tweet a rumor that had no credibility like that.

No suspension for Lucic for his hit on Ryan Miller the other night.

Don't really think I agree with the decision. I'm not like one of those idiots calling for a 10 game suspension or anything, but he easily could've avoided hitting Miller but instead absolutely leveled him. You can't even call it incidental contact or anything like that either, since he clearly meant to hit him given his post game comments and the smirk he had on his face afterwards.

I think he should've got a game or two, but I'm not up in arms over him not getting suspended.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Sidney Crosby will be in the Penguins lineup tomorrow night.

CBC will be broadcasting the game, for those of us in Canada who want to watch his return.

Great news, though. I am far from a fan of the Pens, but getting Crosby back in the NHL is great if you are any sort of a fan. I don't care if you are a Flyers fan or a Capitals fan, the NHL is better off with Crosby healthy and playing.

I'm obviously not expecting much from him considering it has been nearly a full year since he last played in an NHL game, but just seeing him on the ice again is going to be great.

Really hope he plays well and can stay healthy. Pens absolutely need some muscle in the lineup when he comes back. If anyone slams him in a similar fashion to Bolland in the playoffs last year, they better get muffed out badly. Exciting news, I hope he can play well and get back to where he was last year, being far and away the best player in the NHL with no one remotely close.

This is scary news for the rest of the league though. Pittsburgh has been a top team without the best player in the world, you add him back, this could be very bad news. Far from a Pens fan, but I love Sid, and hope he can stay healthy and produce. Great news for hockey.

According to Nick Kyperos this morning when he was on Hockeycentral at Noon, tickets for the Pens/Isles game is going for as much as $1,000 a pop.

Must really suck to be one of those fans who had tickets to this game in early-mid October and gave them away since they figured it was a Monday night game against the lowly Islanders. :lol:

Crosby with another point, this time an assist on an Orpik goal.

I'm not exagerating when I say that he could have 4 points already. If not for a post on the PP from Malkin and Kunitz putting it just over the next, Crosby would have a goal and 3 assists in the 1st period.

4 points for Crosby last night.

How soon before he catches Kessel for the scoring lead? :lol:

In other news, Kyle Turris finally signed with the Yotes. He signed a 2 year, $2.8M deal. It should be interesting to see if the he will be dealt or if he will actually be with the Coyotes this season.

These Brendan Shanahan videos are seriously awesome. The one about the non-suspension for Malone is my favorite yet. Really cool that he takes the time to make these.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I was anxious to see the one for the Deveaux suspension, and I think he nailed it.

Great news, though. I am far from a fan of the Pens, but getting Crosby back in the NHL is great if you are any sort of a fan. I don't care if you are a Flyers fan or a Capitals fan, the NHL is better off with Crosby healthy and playing.

I'm obviously not expecting much from him considering it has been nearly a full year since he last played in an NHL game, but just seeing him on the ice again is going to be great.

Agreed with all of this, Sid is great for hockey. Really awesome to watch him come back from that dreadfully lingering injury and have the sort of impact he did right off the bat.

Aaron Asham could score six goals on Hockey Night in Canada and they'd still show more Crosby than him. I'm a fan of Crosby but show a little love for the other guys would be nice too.

Haha, come to America and flip on ESPN. They will maybe dedicate a minute and a half of SportsCenter to hockey, and you'd think Sidney Crosby was the only player in the entire league. I get why they do it, but for people who like the entire league it gets kind of old.

Bruce Boudreau and Paul Maurice both canned this morning.

To add to that, Dale Hunter of the OHL's London Knights replaced Boudreau and Kirk Muller is expected to replace Maurice as the Hurricanes head coach (not sure if that one is official yet, but it will be).

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I was anxious to see the one for the Deveaux suspension, and I think he nailed it.

They even released a French version of the Pacioretty suspension video! :lol:

@JohnBorukCSN John Boruk

A source close to the situation tells me a Bobby Ryan trade is imminent. Talks have been ongoing for weeks. I'll have a blog up soon.

https://twitter.com/#!/JohnBorukCSN/status/142036800834244608

JohnBorukCSN John Boruk

#Flyers not involved. #Rangers appear to be front runners. A deal "could" be completed by the end of the week. TB showing interest.

https://twitter.com/#!/JohnBorukCSN/status/142036800834244608

The Ducks play tonight in just over 2 hours, so it will be interesting to see if Ryan is in the lineup.

In some big Ducks news, Bobby Ryan has...

not been traded as of yet.

However, Randy Carlyle was fired after the Habs game and will be replaced for former Capitals coach, Bruce Boudreau.

Bruins sign Krejci to a 3 year extension with an annual cap hit of $5.25M.

I also forgot to mention this earlier, but Tampa Bay signed Hedman to a 5 year extension with a cap hit of $4M.

Kypreos also tweeted that Murray informed Ryan that the team is not shopping him and he won't be dealt.

Edited by Built Ford Tough