General Hockey Thread 2011-2012

Built Ford Tough

Red Wings moving East would be great for their team but horrible for the rest of us. My buddy lives just outside of Detroit and growing up it was hard to watch away games because the start time was around 10 pm in the city so a lot of younger fans aren't able to catch many games, especailly during the week.

I knew you wouldn't last an hour using the ignore feature. :lol: .

Or maybe I knew you'd post a smart ass comment and the ignore system is pointless if it still tells me you posted considering you'll be in the hockey thread instead of making a Bruins thread so everyone can hear your great opinion or in the Packers game threads saying how the refs let us win.

If you'd stop being such a know it all when you clearly don't know much then maybe people wouldn't get so fed up with your antics. Calvin Johnson was drafted 2nd overall and you act like you discovered him in high school. Second overall picks are expected to be good but you cum all over it like your the leader of bandwagon.

Guess what? I thought Sidney Crosby was going to be good when he was drafted first overall. Now I'm an expert so hope on my wagon.

You gotta be like what, 19 years old? Act it maybe and we could make OTR a decent spot to talk hockey.

Crosby cleared for contact!

Just another step to the best player in the world (by a considerable margin) getting back on the ice. A lot of people dislike Crosby, for reasons I will never know/understand, but every NHL fan should be happy to see the best in the world get another step closer to playing.

Pens also locked up Kunitz for 2 more years at 3.725 per, a nice hit for him.

Edited by Check my Stats

Crosby cleared for contact!

Just another step to the best player in the world (by a considerable margin) getting back on the ice. A lot of people dislike Crosby, for reasons I will never know/understand, but every NHL fan should be happy to see the best in the world get another step closer to playing.

Pens also locked up Kunitz for 2 more years at 3.725 per, a nice hit for him.

I don't like him because he routinely bends the Flyers over.

I don't like him because he routinely bends the Flyers over.

This, it's hard to like a guy who is so good for a rival team.

Also this:

You don't dive, and you damn sure don't touch Henrik!

Edited by illwill21

If I were a neutral hockey fan, I'd probably like him, especially if I was from Canada. I certainly hope he can get healthy, don't want to see anybody go through what he is apparently going through with this concussion. However, it is hard to root for a guy (on the ice) who plays for your team's arch rival and is as sickly talented as Crosby is, basically what Kyle just wrote.

With all of this said, I cannot stand the "Crosby sucks" chants at Flyers-Penguins games (I am sure they happen elsewhere around the league too). It is just dumb beyond belief. Not only does he not suck, but he has an absurd point total in his career in Philly. That trend needs to be retired.

Edited by Phightins

I don't hate Crosby because he's one heck of a talented player but people in Canada must love the shit out of him because if he's not on TSN, it's a Penguins vs some American team on TSN 2 which gets very frustrating when I have to watch streams of Canadiens games online.

It's actually kinda funny because at Buffalo vs Penguins games the only ones wearing Penguins jerseys are the young and young adults. I would have thought more older folks from the Jagr/Mario era would be fans but I guess people stuck with their teams unlike now.