General Hockey Thread 2011-2012

Built Ford Tough

If I were a neutral hockey fan, I'd probably like him, especially if I was from Canada. I certainly hope he can get healthy, don't want to see anybody go through what he is apparently going through with this concussion. However, it is hard to root for a guy (on the ice) who plays for your team's arch rival and is as sickly talented as Crosby is, basically what Kyle just wrote.

With all of this said, I cannot stand the "Crosby sucks" chants at Flyers-Penguins games (I am sure they happen elsewhere around the league too). It is just dumb beyond belief. Not only does he not suck, but he has an absurd point total in his career in Philly. That trend needs to be retired.

Do you love the Flyers fans booing cancer awareness just because Crosby was in it? :glasses: .

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Also, I know it's only four games into the Bruins season, but Lucic and Horton look like absolute shit. There's no way to sugarcoat it either. They've just looked terrible. Lucic has not been physical, nor has Horton, and Horton still takes a century to get a shot off.

It's early in the season, and they can step it up and be the dominant players that they can be, but it's frustrating when they aren't even close to being on their game.

On a side note, Seguin is going to be a very special player. Honestly, he had one of the best wrist shots I've seen in a long time last night. It was a perfect snipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRy22jrvG7M

Don't get the backlash Ash is getting over his taunt. In todays society of MMA and boxing, along with crazy goal celebrations, why can't a fighter celebrate doing his job?

People are dumb and are hypocrites. That is basically what it comes down to. It was also very cool how he showed support for Beagle both right after the fight and after the game.

The John Carlson Twitter thing is another story. I actually think it's pretty funny, but it would have been much better if he posted that on his news feed and not in a DM.

I haven't seen the goals myself, but from what I hear they weren't great goals, but just goals where his was in good position and fortunate, which is a great asset as well.

We'll see how he turns out, and if the scouts were correct about him being the worst 1st overall pick since Erik Johnson.

Where did you read that?

Pretty much everywhere, and that seems to be the general consensus? Are you going to say that Taylor Hall is a lesser first overall pick? He's the only one I can see you even make a case for, and I think that would questionable.

No I just couldn't find any information on it. Can you provide some links?

Pretty much you are saying he was more highly recruited than Kane (no), Stamkos (hell no), Tavares (hell [expletive]ing no), and Hall (no).

If you think RNH was more highly coveted than any of those players, I want some of what you're smoking.

I'm not saying any of that I just wanna see the links where they said what you are saying.

I didn't see the third one, but the first two RNH goals were good hockey sense goals. He got a great tip on the second one and the first kept with it after Luongo made a great save.

Third one was Taylor Hall's by the looks of it. Poked in the rolling puck.

Edited by Universe