General Hockey Thread 2011-2012

Built Ford Tough

Anthony Stolarz

Thats always pretty exciting. My friends family is friends with Adam Henrique's family. He's from my home town so a lot of the town had go devils all over. I prefer the Kings but it would have been cool when he brought the cup to town.

Some signings over the past few days:

Brad Sturat signed with the Sharks for 3 years at $3.6M per (Detroit traded his rights to SJ).

Josh Harding re-signed with Minnesota for 3 years at $1.9M per.

Darren Helm re-signed with Detroit for 4 years at $2.125M per.

Erick Karlsson re-signed with Ottawa for 7 years at $6.5M per.

Some other news:

Teemu Selanne is expected to return for another year.

Bob McKenzie thinks Bobby Ryan is back on the market and could be moved.

Darren Dreger just said on That's Hockey that Rick Nash could be moved as early as the draft, but Columbus may want to wait until Parise signs before dealing him.

Daniel Alfredsson is going to start his off-season workout and if he feels good he will return for another season.

The Harding contract is interesting, considering all the campaigning he has been doing recently to be a #1 goalie. Surprised he didn't wait and test the market (although there's no way he'd get a better contract on the open market).

What a little shit he was!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPlvBdTfm2c&feature=relmfu

Also, reading about this trade, the following is apparently what the Rangers were going to offer for Lindros:

From the Rangers board:

The original trade to the New York Rangers that would have sent Eric Lindros to the Rangers was Lindros for Doug Weight, Tony Amonte, Alexei Kovalev, John Vanbiesbrouck and three first round draft picks (1993, 1994 & 1995).

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Going to be interesting to see how the draft shakes out tonight. Hopefully Leafs somehow land Gally, Murray, Yakupov or Forsberg... it sounds like Yakupov might actually fall to the 3rd spot so we'll see. Also lets just pray that we don't give up anything significant for Luongo, smh.

Going to be interesting to see how the draft shakes out tonight. Hopefully Leafs somehow land Gally, Murray, Yakupov or Forsberg... it sounds like Yakupov might actually fall to the 3rd spot so we'll see. Also lets just pray that we don't give up anything significant for Luongo, smh.

If Yakupov does in fact slip to #3 overall, I will never feel bad for the Blue Jackets ever again.

Yakupov will be a 90+ point scorer in the NHL. I think he can be a 100 point scorer, but I won't say that right now. I think he will end up better than Stamkos as well.

Yakupov will not fall past number two. He may not be an Edmonton Oiler at the nights end but no way he slips. The problem with the Oilers is the need for defensemen and Murray IMO will have the greater impact with a team. He's already capable of playing with men and what he does has such a bigger impact than what Nail brings.

I pretty much feel same way. Yakupov, Murray, Galchenyuk or Forsberg and i'm thrilled. I'd be alright with Grigorenko too. Not sure why some draft boards have him falling out of the top 10, and i've even seen some people saying he could fall out of the top 15? Not sure what he did to make his draft stock plummet. There was some kind of rumor that Grigs was 20 years old or something. Don't see any truth in that.

As far as Luongo, I'm really struggling to decide whether I want him or not. We NEED a goalie, and he's a top 10 tendy in the league for sure. When he's at his best he's top 5. Problem is he's getting older, he has a massive contract, and he folds under pressure. If he thinks the pressure is bad in Vancouver, wait until he arrives in TO.

Pens traded Jordan Staal to Carolina Hurricanes for #8 pick. I forget who we took but it sucks we gave him up. Def going to miss him.

Pens got great value for Staal. He's a vwery good third liner, but not much more then that for the Pens. They got a replacement third line C in Brandon Sutter and the 8th pick Pouliot apparently very highly coveted by the Pens. They said they wouldn't have done it if Pouliot was off the board.

Pens got great value for Staal. He's a vwery good third liner, but not much more then that for the Pens. They got a replacement third line C in Brandon Sutter and the 8th pick Pouliot apparently very highly coveted by the Pens. They said they wouldn't have done it if Pouliot was off the board.

Pretty sure they said they were going to do the deal regardless. If I was PITT I'd have been looking for a top 6 winger (or potentially) along with another asset(s), but that's just me.

Pretty sure they said they were going to do the deal regardless. If I was PITT I'd have been looking for a top 6 winger (or potentially) along with another asset(s), but that's just me.

I don't see how they would be able to get a top 6 winger + assets for him. They were lucky Carolina was willing to give up as much as they did because Carolina is pretty much sure Jordan will sign an extension to play with Eric. No other teams were willing to give up as much because it was most likely he was going to leave to Carolina at the end of the season for free agency anyways.

That's cool Carolina got two Staal's now. Lol

Can't wait to go to some Carolina - NYR games this upcoming season. Arena is 15 minutes from my house, and free tix (hopefully)! :glasses:

Edited by JYD