General Hockey Thread 2011-2012

Built Ford Tough

Pepper thy angus.

There's a chance that Seguin ends up being the second best player in the Kessel deal, which if that becomes true is a great sign because he's already an amazing player.

I'm hoping for Chris Pronger 2.0................. :glasses: .

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/05/12/bruins-prospect-hamilton-a-man-amongst-boys/

Still no idea how he fell so far. The Seguin-Kessel part doesn't bother me, Seguin will probably wind up a better more complete player but Phil is still a stud, its that you got Dougie out of it. that makes it so bad.

Yes, I'm talking about the ice and lighting which are both very poor for the arena being located in New York. I could see people giving it a "pass" if it were in a smaller market, but it shouldn't be like that in New York.

I've only been to MSG once, and it was for the Big East tournament. It was pretty awesome. I want to go back but tickets for Knicks and Rangers game is outrageous, and where I lived in NJ, I was an hour or so outside the City and it's not the easiest drive in.

As far as the ice and lighting, I'm not sure how the lighting is. They've done numerous renovations of millions and millions of dollars over the past year or two I believe, so it really should not be poor.

The ice is definitely a slow track. I'm not sure if they can do anything about it, but I think the Rangers have absolutely built their team to play that style, so it definitely helps the Rangers which is why they are such a good home team.

I am not sure an arena upgrade would do anything for the shitty ice. Prudential Center and Consol Energy Center are two of the newer arenas in the league, and they both have awful ice. Not to mention, MSG has more events each year than any other stadium in America (I believe). Constantly covering/uncovering the ice as many times as they have to there can't be good for it either.

Great that they won, but I thought it was a miracle. Lundqvist was the absolute key, man was he [expletive]in brilliant today

NJ could've been up 3 or 4-0 thru 2 periods. Rangers weren't even good today but escaped. Hopefully they play better Monday because I don't think they'll win the next game playing that poorly to start

Edited by JYD

Great that they won, but I thought it was a miracle. Lundqvist was the absolute key, man was he [expletive]in brilliant today

NJ could've been up 3 or 4-0 thru 2 periods. Rangers weren't even good today but escaped. Hopefully they play better Monday because I don't think they'll win the next game playing that poorly to start

Annddd that didn't happen.

Rangers are in major trouble IMO...